Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dodge Charger Super Bowl Ad

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that one. It basically portrayed men as the biggest subservient puss-bags....but we'll pick our car dammit!! "Ok honey, you can have the car."

How about "I bought this car with MY money because I think it's rad. Dont like it? Go buy your own."

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should make an ad where I scream up in a Z06 and blow pot smoke in my wife's face, then burn rubber the hell outta there.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
any other links? I just read on yahoo news that the commercials were fairly anti-male. I didn't watch the game (on at 8 am monday in japan).

One of my friends did go to a hotel bar game party and started drinking at 6 AM.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Commercials portray the common male as a blue-collar household slave, who lives to drink beer and watch sports on the weekend. He's portrayed as an idiot who needs a "good woman" to make sure his life works.

That's because the "common male" is just that.

They know they can't reach the exceptional male...he is not easily swayed by commercials. So they don't try.

When you see these commercials, just chuckle. Don't get angry...they're not talking about you. ;)

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was interesting was that they were (not so) cleverly intended to sell their products to women. Dove for men? GTFOH. Dockers, "wear the pants"? GTFOH. You will never see a Dove commercial during the NFL's regular season. Dockers? Forget it, Brett Favre and Wrangler are as close as it gets. But come Super Bowl time they will drop $2.5M for a 30 second spot because they know women are the primary consumer in the U.S. They're well aware of their demographic. Women buy more men's clothes than men do.

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Commercials portray the common male as a blue-collar household slave, who lives to drink beer and watch sports on the weekend. He's portrayed as an idiot who needs a "good woman" to make sure his life works.

That's because the "common male" is just that.

They know they can't reach the exceptional male...he is not easily swayed by commercials. So they don't try.
BINGO.This mans right on the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting how they paint going to work every day as something that men do for women. Most of the tasks mentioned in the ad are just the mundane parts of everyday life; only a few specifically reference a woman. And yet the ad really is about doing the things you hate but are required to do as part of a typical marriage.

I think AFC marriage is a coping mechanism for hating your life. It is easier to think that life must suck simply because you are married than it is to put in the work required to build an enjoyable life.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Bible_Belt said:
I think AFC marriage is a coping mechanism for hating your life. It is easier to think that life must suck simply because you are married than it is to put in the work required to build an enjoyable life.
Isn't that something? The single guys think their life sucks because they're single, and the married guys think their life sucks because they're married. :woo:

Reaction score
the more guys out there that are pvssies, the better I look

good for them, keep the pvssified men coming!!

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Believe it or not, that is how most American men are. And most American men I know who are like that are married, I'm not like that and I'm single. I guess I live in a fucvked up society.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
It has no personal effect on me nor does it you...agreed?
It does on both you and me. We live in this society. The weaker men are in general, the more easily the big alpha dogs can pass their tyrannical laws that restrict our freedom and make our lives harder.

We have a host of misandrist laws today because men were weak & pvssified when they were passed.

As for you budding Don Juans saying "keep it coming, the more pvssified men the better!" - if you ever have a desire for family & children to continue your legacy (which is what we're naturally programmed to do), understand that powerful forces exist today to fvck you up for trying to achieve that desire only because weak men failed to stop them. If you don't want children and just want to sleep around, you are not safe from false rape accusations nor false paternity / child support claims.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
I hear a lot of egos here and a lot of truth too, but the fact is...why do we really care?
What you're describing here is the male double standard. If you have a male-specific problem with something, or even a critical observation of an inequity that is uniquely male, anything you say will sound like a complaint by virtue of you not being male enough. Women complain, men don't complain, they put up and shut up. In fact this is exactly the dynamic the Charger commercial plays upon - you'll suffer a lifetime of gender-specific male indignation, but hey you get to drive a cool car for all of it; or at least you SHOULD be driving a cool car IF you're man enough to demand one after all the indignation you're subject to.

And of course, by my calling attention to any of this as a Man, it calls my own masculinity into question. That's the male Catch 22 and it's been a very useful social convention for centuries. What do you really care? Men have all the power, right? So any complaints make you less of a man - no matter how legitimate.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Women complain, men don't complain, they put up and shut up.
Some might think that putting up or shutting up are the only two options.

Others might think that quietly rectifying the situation is a viable solution.

Unless you think that complaining, and hoping somebody else fixes the situation for you, is a viable strategy.

Many don't.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're a good reminder of why we are here in the first place.

(And by 'here' I mean this forum, and any other establishment like it)

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Some might think that putting up or shutting up are the only two options.

Others might think that quietly rectifying the situation is a viable solution.

Unless you think that complaining, and hoping somebody else fixes the situation for you, is a viable strategy.
Understood, but the crux of the male double standard is that a man who draws attention to his conditions isn't 'man enough' to tough out his conditions, yet he's also less of a man if he doesn't stand up for himself to change his conditions.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
a man who draws attention to his conditions isn't 'man enough' to tough out his conditions
According to who? You're logic is starting to sound suspiciously circular.

Like I said before, the default strategy of most is to draw attention to their conditions in hopes that they will either get help changing them, or get compassion for having to suffer them.

I'd posit that an "adult" takes an "adult" approach to changing their situation, where an adolescent takes a whiny "please help me" approach, be they man or woman. Sadly, most humans never really leave the adolescents stage, despite their age.

Take out your imagined male/female dichotomy and it's a pretty straightforward case of people simple not willing to grow up and take responsibility for their own lives.

he's also less of a man if he doesn't stand up for himself to change his conditions.
"man" enough, "woman" enough, "dog" enough. If you aren't willing to change your conditions, you are tacitly accepting them. Filling the definition of a "man" is irrelevant.

It only seems to be a double standard when you accept the definitions of others, which in many cases, in and of itself is a shaming, whiny, "please help me" strategy.

It all boils down your frame strength, and how readily you buy into the frame of others.