Do you think we're in an era of big beards?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to be a case by case basis. It depends entirely on your facial structure that is what I realized. It also depends on your eyes. You can easily look like a manchild with a beard with the wrong face and stare. But Ive seen enough older guys without beards that it's mostly a style choice.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don’t wear one and I’m fine with men that do.
But differentiate that masculinity comes from within, not from your window dressings.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beards dont solve your problems, they just make you look what you already look like.

A stylish man looks more stylish, a soyboy looks more like a soyboy while a masculine one looks more masculine...beards multiplies what you already are.

nice beard + prey eyes = incel-tier

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...similar to how a lot of women are wearing leggings.

Majority of men have beards now. A lot have tattoos and i've noticed every tom, **** and harry has a bmw now. Bmw's used to be not so common....if you had one...you stood out to women..not so much it seemd now. Guys are starting to buy lotus's now to stand out.
LotusMaxxing? :rolleyes:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still like the look of some well-trimmed scruff. A full beard looks strange and pretentious to me. Especially on skinny guys. I often find myself imagining what these guys look like underneath the beard, and what I’m imagining ain’t anything good.
I found it interesting that both Letterman and Conan went full-on beard when they lost their show/retired.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found it interesting that both Letterman and Conan went full-on beard when they lost their show/retired.
You see it in retired Military and police particularly if there was a grooming standard. It is like "All rules are off! I'm doing what I couldn't do before!"

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of young guys buy bmws around here. The lower end models especially can be bought for dirt cheap used. However if the warranty is expired look out! I think bmws are bland. Even high school kids buy the used ones for on the cheap. Kid at work has a 4 year old one that he got pretty cheap
How cheap? I was looking at 3 year old bmw's they cost 30 grand. I can afford that, but my priority is saving for a new house.

I see all these people driving round in bmw's and audis and i wonder how they can afford them. Probably drug dealers.

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
It seems to be a case by case basis. It depends entirely on your facial structure that is what I realized. It also depends on your eyes. You can easily look like a manchild with a beard with the wrong face and stare. But Ive seen enough older guys without beards that it's mostly a style choice.
Finally some common sense. One's facial features, hair style, and hair type will dictate whether a beard compliments or distracts from his overall appearance.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
How cheap? I was looking at 3 year old bmw's they cost 30 grand. I can afford that, but my priority is saving for a new house.

I see all these people driving round in bmw's and audis and i wonder how they can afford them. Probably drug dealers.
You gotta remember the car market is still f*cked up right now. Late in the year if it's caught up you should score some killer deals.

You're foolish to buy a car right now unless yours is totaled or something.

Right after lockdowns was the best time to buy cars because the dealers were hurting because everyone was out of work.

Here in FL I bought my Camaro SS used in sept 2020. Killer deals. Dealers had cars listed 4 to 5k below KBB. I bought my 2ss used for 31,200. last I checked on auto trader same car going for 40k a few months ago due to shortages!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just sold my ‘97 e39 for a handsome sum indeed.
That said, I hate BMWs because of all the plastic and rubber. For many years, their plastic and rubber has been the absolute worst in existence, rotting away to powder in the sun. The only redeeming quality, in my book, is the suspension, which is off the charts incredible. The rest is overrated plastic junk.

The_Hand_Of_God

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea why but a beard makes my face look fatter. Just does not suit at me and makes me look like i don't give a **** about myself rathrr than cool.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine needing to cherry pick pictures of clean shaven celebs and soyboys to "prove" your point.

Studies show that the overwhelming majority of women prefer men with facial hair

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Zimbabwe It's a meme dude, don't take it so seriously. My point is, nothing is ever so cut and dry to be absolutely one or the other. If you can grow a beard and it works for you, go ahead and do it, if it doesn't look great and you have nice facial features, then shave it.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta remember the car market is still f*cked up right now. Late in the year if it's caught up you should score some killer deals.

You're foolish to buy a car right now unless yours is totaled or something.

Right after lockdowns was the best time to buy cars because the dealers were hurting because everyone was out of work.

Here in FL I bought my Camaro SS used in sept 2020. Killer deals. Dealers had cars listed 4 to 5k below KBB. I bought my 2ss used for 31,200. last I checked on auto trader same car going for 40k a few months ago due to shortages!
Just had a quick look at skodas. 3 year old skoda kodiaq 30 grand!
3 year old skoda octavia 30 grand. Clowns must be selling these cars

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Just had a quick look at skodas. 3 year old skoda kodiaq 30 grand!
3 year old skoda octavia 30 grand. Clowns must be selling these cars
Look at the c8. Base models that should cost 65k new dealers are selling low miles used fir 105k!!! New ones 115k due to dealer mark up.

C8 an amazing car and bang for the buck as normal price. The interior is kinda crappy though.

I personally would rather have a c7 and just make it a bit faster.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often find myself imagining what these guys look like underneath the beard, and what I’m imagining ain’t anything good.
I read some research recently that said that women tend to think men with beards are more masculine, and more honest. I thought that was interesting because a woman once told me that she didn't trust a guy with facial hair, because she thought it meant he was hiding something. And to some extent it's true, I'm sure some guys grow beards because there's something about their face they don't like. Not all guys I'm sure, but some.