Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think older female DA is being spiteful in prosecuting male teacher who married student?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/04/teacher-student_marriage_a_sha.html

A 38 y.o. male teacher married one of his former students (age 18), but the female DA, who obviously is older, is trying to prosecute him anyway for actions that occurred while she was a student (Alabama has a law that states that a spouse cannot be compelled to testify). This comment got me thinking:
After reading all of the comments I noticed not one of you considered that the prosecutor is an older woman who is upset that an older man wanted a younger woman. I am 18 years older than my wife and I cannot tell you how many times we both heard negative comments from older women during our 18 years together. Each time it puts a smile on our faces.
BTW, here is the Facebook page for the DA: https://www.facebook.com/dapamela/

my opinion: She's a nice looking young woman without the baggage of going around the c0ck carousel, and he's done well in snagging her. :up: Alabama is the kind of place where 70 year old Confederate veterans married 17 year old brides :up: in the early part of the 20th Century, and those widows had been getting survivor benefits from that until the last Confederate widow recently died. (Maybe there are still a few still alive & kicking?) :eek::eek:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I believe that in Illinois, spousal privilege only applies toward testimony about events that occurred during the marriage, not before.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/04/teacher-student_marriage_a_sha.html

A 38 y.o. male teacher married one of his former students (age 18), but the female DA, who obviously is older, is trying to prosecute him anyway for actions that occurred while she was a student (Alabama has a law that states that a spouse cannot be compelled to testify). This comment got me thinking:

BTW, here is the Facebook page for the DA: https://www.facebook.com/dapamela/

my opinion: She's a nice looking young woman without the baggage of going around the c0ck carousel, and he's done well in snagging her. :up: Alabama is the kind of place where 70 year old Confederate veterans married 17 year old brides :up: in the early part of the 20th Century, and those widows had been getting survivor benefits from that until the last Confederate widow recently died. (Maybe there are still a few still alive & kicking?) :eek::eek:
I've read about that before and it is true. Also true about the last widow dying like 10 years ago or something.

Anyway....

What has prompted this DA to file charges? She just suddenly got a bug up her a$$ one day and decided to do it? She strikes me as an excessive do-gooder with a chip on her shoulder to make this guy pay for supposed wrongs he did before their marriage. Expect her hair length to get shorter as the years go on, similar to Megyn Kelly.

As for the dude? Hey, his young wife loves him? Congrats dude, it works out for both of you. He wants that tight teenage body and (likely) still pure emotional state of virginity from a new young woman - she wants security and someone to provide for her. I see no problems here. His wife is hot.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, he's out of luck..... once you read the article and case law..... He should have waited a few more months, until she was a FORMER student....

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but kinda should her the 18year wife be willing to destify? even if she was not married they couldn't force her to say anything, they could just say the state is leading her.

meh serious I think this is more annoying then its worth, plus if anything she could put this alegation on the fridge and wait till they divorce, if the marriage was just to not take her testimony, pretty sure she would be willing after

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my "friends" was prosecuted years after the incident. But then, he had a kid with her, so the birthday proved it wasn't legal age with mom.....

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
38 year old teacher banging a 18 year old student.
Sorry but hat's a clear breach of trust regards his job as a teacher.

It's also way too much of an age gap for a relationship.
If she was a few years older, I'd say no problem (say she was 21, 22)
At 18, she is just after coming out of high school, she is at a completely different life stage to him.
No sympathy at all for him.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a stupid law. Makes it illegal for a teacher to have sex with a woman under 19. I'm surprised so many guys on this forum support this. To me, it just looks like another way to keep males from dating young women. And letting women do what they want without taking responsibility. An 18 year old is an adult, but she can't make the choice for herself, she's a "victim". What a load of horsesh!t.

I don't care about age gaps either. If the girl is a legal adult, she should be legal. Everything else is just male shaming.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The trend of the law is to criminalize all normal human behavior. When everything is illegal, anyone can be jailed at any time.
Yes, and don't forget the US imprisons more of its population than any other country.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...ect_acquitted_afte.html#incart_river_home_pop

Matthew Shane Wester, a former Blount County teacher accused of having sexual contact with a 17-year-old whom he married shortly after she graduated high school, was acquitted today after his young wife failed to show up for court and prosecutors said they couldn't continue without her.

Amy Nicole Cox Wester was expected to be called to testify by Blount County District Attorney Pamela Casey, but Casey said multiple efforts to serve her with a subpoena were unsuccessful. She said they left a copy of the subpoena on the door of the couple's apartment, which defense attorneys brought with them to court Wednesday, but Circuit Judge Dennis E. Odell ruled that wasn't "proper" service.

Casey asked that the case be continued until Thursday so they could make additional efforts to subpoena Cox-Wester, who previously worked at Sonic and now works at a Leeds outlet store, and Odell refused. Outside of the jury's presence, defense attorney Robert Bentley expressed concern to the judge that Casey had apparently emailed the judge the previous night, and that she had also called Wester's cell phone in attempt to locate his wife, also the previous night.

Casey told the judge both actions were unintentional and she apologized. "The court then warned Ms. Casey against further improper communications indicating the possibility of contempt sanctions for further violation should they occur,'' according to the judge's official order released late Wednesday.
So I think this confirms that the dike DA had a hard-on about going after this guy because she had a chip on her shoulder, nothing more.

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, and don't forget the US imprisons more of its population than any other country.
Allegedly. How do you know that China, Russia, and India have accurate records or that they honestly report the number they imprison?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
38 year old teacher banging a 18 year old student.
Sorry but hat's a clear breach of trust regards his job as a teacher.

It's also way too much of an age gap for a relationship.
If she was a few years older, I'd say no problem (say she was 21, 22)
At 18, she is just after coming out of high school, she is at a completely different life stage to him.
No sympathy at all for him.
I don't think he needs your sympathy, he is banging a 18 year old daily now, now for break of trust in his job ok that much can be said, but losing a job should not be the same then going to jail