Do you think names matter?

BongDuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever seen malcom in the middle? think about the youngest of the brothers. His name more specifically. Dewey. Do - We.

I might be a little insecure about this, but think about that name for a second. Do you think of an alpha name when you hear this? Or do you think of some wimp?

That's pretty much my name. Where I come frm, it's not pronounced like that at all, but in America, most people read my name and it just naturally comes out as " dewey". I obviously grew tired of correcting everyone that I ever met, so I just let it be. Dewey became my name in highschool and that's how they know me.

Im going to college soon, so its pretty much a fresh start. Growing up as a kid, I actually went under the name "Chris", so maybe i'll go under that identity. What do you guys think? Am I over thinking?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like my first name. It doesn't sound very masculine so, with women I'm interested in, I go with my middle name which is far more masculine-sounding than my first.

Though it used to cause problems in the past with my family (they'd hear women call me by my middle name and freak out), they've gotten used it.

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it does matter...not sure why, but I mean some names just sound cool and some sound gay

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't tell you how many times I've broken up or got busted by with a girl for not telling her my real name. In the end, the truth will set you free. If you truelly cannot stand you're name. Find ways to shorten and develop it. I wish I could Legsweep DDT my Old Man for naming me after a famous actor!, but I've come up with solutions and have just gone with the shorter. Try to shorten it or add on to it. Infact, I do actually think you're birthname can be attractive dictators with women. If you have two hot guys who are equally as hot in womencode. Ones name is Brad and the other is Toby? Who do you think is more desirable?

There are ways. Try and make it into a common knickname where people get familiar with it or just change you're birthname with papers- Its just another journey in you're life, any means necessary to be happy with YOU, nobody else. BondGuy isn't you're name Chris? Whats wrong with that.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
George Carlin did a bit about names a few years ago. He said soft names make for soft people. I can only paraphrase, but I'm sure that he said that 10 times out of 10:

Taylor, Brandon, and Todd are going to get their asses kicked by Tony, Eddie and Rocco.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rocco? :crackup:

I've always only gone by my last name. my roomate didnt know my first name till a week ago.

Honestly though, a name is just a name. If may be a weird name, but I would safely bet that no girl would think less of you for being named dewey. All the same, I would try for a different one.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to give fake name when I met the chicks... actually, I still do when I know it is a ONS, but at a professional setting, I go by my real name. If you don't like your name, create a fake name and stick to it.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I had a lot of bad experiences with my name growing up. Bad nicknames. Laughing girls. But with a name like Testostico Fantistiballs, what else could you expect.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Yeah. I had a lot of bad experiences with my name growing up. Bad nicknames. Laughing girls. But with a name like Testostico Fantistiballs, what else could you expect.

Seriously, I would love to have that name. I would say it often and with a spanish accent. Chicks would swoon.

My middle name is very child like and my parents and family still call me that. I hate it. My first name isn't much better, so when I became a mc I went by my MC name for years. There are people who have known me for 10-15 years and don't know my real name.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Seriously, I would love to have that name. I would say it often and with a spanish accent. Chicks would swoon.

My middle name is very child like and my parents and family still call me that. I hate it. My first name isn't much better, so when I became a mc I went by my MC name for years. There are people who have known me for 10-15 years and don't know my real name.

Haha. Yeah obviously that's not my real name. It is the name of my Fantasy Football team though. So that's something.

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanna know what's the weakest/wimpiest.pussiest/betaest name .........

KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE.

1 Bad Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
What if your parents named you 1 Bad Dude? Is that a masculine name? haha... Seriously tho, I go by c.j.(my initials) cuz it comes off much better than my first name. Not that I don't like it.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My name is both a girls and boys name, but more often a girls name. I've hated my name all my life until I started to embrace it. What is "cool" and what is "not cool" is how you make it out to be. To me the definition of cool is something sophisticated and new that the upper dogs of the social ladder approve of. A while ago at a party I met a guy named Kim (my friend later on told me that his full name is Kimberly) and next thing I know the guy is getting head from a girl in the bathroom.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiguere said:
Wanna know what's the weakest/wimpiest.pussiest/betaest name .........

KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE.
I'm glad someone else has watched it! :cheer:

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"You better look out. KYLE is comin' to get you."
"Kyle? Isn't that the n!gga wit the glasses?"

Hahahaha!! Too funny!!

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not too fond of my name either, so generic and common. I easily know 10 people with the same name. My middle name isnt any better.

Lots of people go by a shortened version of their name, you should do the same and ask to be called Do(dew)

londonzen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
inj england you can change your name by deed poll must be the same in usa no?