Do you really see dating as a "game"?

Splendidostring

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about it for a couple of days. Thinking about how dating can be a "game" for some people. I also realized I really don't see dating as a game.
For me, dating is about connecting with someone. Like I said in my other post, I need some chemistry. Of course I have fun seducing girls, but my real optic is to find girl(s) I can REALLY feel myself around. Sure, there will be test and other stuff, but I choose to believe it's possible to find one or more girls I can love. Hell, there's BILLIONS of girls in the world, I know I can find at least one that can really dig me and vice-versa :).

What do you think?

Reaction score
I view it the same way. Fundamentally, I'm looking for a connection to share with someone and have that rush that you get when you feel excited about seeing someone that could go anywhere.

However, it seems I play games with myself (i.e. trying to deal with nerves, conflicting or even contradictory intentions (i.e. wanting to connect sexually, vs. moral/religious values), etc....) than to even think about dating as a game, but to each their own.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating is 100% a game. Sometimes, even if you really like a girl, and she genuinely likes you, you have to play this game in order to fulfill certain expectations before a relationship even has a chance to develop. It's stupid, but that's romance in America. My boss's daughter today was complaining that she'd never been out on a date. I told her that's because she isn't attracted to the type of guy that would ask her on a date. Women of our generation are all floozies. They want to be charmed off their feet by confidence and swagger, not roses and a candle-lit dinners.

Casually

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating *is* a game in the sense that it has certain rules, and that you can adopt certain strategies that will improve your success, a la game theory. It's not so much a "game" in the sense of "I'm just doing this for fun without any emotional commitment", although it can certainly be played that way.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like chillin, then dating is just a part of life that comes and goes as I please, if I see a girl I'm interested in, I'll see what happens. But other times I'm bored, and when I'm bored I'll just look for a challenge, and then life in general becomes a game. On more than a few occasions I've challenged friends to get girls, or simply challenged myself by sayin "Alright, I'm bored...where's there a woman, I need a good hunt." in which case, yes, it is definitely a game.

Four_Aces

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a game until it gets serious. Then comes the kids, the house, soccer practice, and stretch marks from the C-Section.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Four_Aces said:
It's a game until it gets serious. Then comes the kids, the house, soccer practice, and stretch marks from the C-Section.
Don't forget the hallway sex. When you and your spouse pass each other in the hallway, you both say "**** you".

Splendidostring

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hola guys

Hehe "Following of me". I can relate to what you're saying. Sometimes you meet a girl you really enjoy being with and then it seems natural. But sometimes, there's nothing in stock and as you said when you get bored, you're gonna seek some pleasure.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate to say it but i saw it like a hunt lol, i would never ever do a one night stand its to easy, even when i can, i like a hunt so i do the whole dating thing because i find it way much enjoyable and when i do get a girl wanting to do it i leave it (unless i got some serious connection). Its like when fencing u disarm there sword and ur just about to stab them but u decide to walk away, but just knowing u could is enough.

And now i am at a stage where i only hunt things worth my time, i don't hunt small frys, i only go for the big catches lol girls u actually connect to. It ****s my mind up though, because once i have something i don't want it anymore because the whole chase is gone lol. But i am freshning up my mind set is bit better now, but once u get to into the game side of things its hard to get out. But i will take both sides on board and decide whats the best route to take. I feel i should hold back now and not rush things.....lol, but rather just take each step slow so u can enjoy the scenery much more, but have the edge because u still have knowledge of the game.