Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you have an extra smoke?

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
So your in the club/bar and some hottie
approaches you and gives you the famous line
expecting a Free hand-out.

example from last night:

(I'm relaxing in the smoking area groving to the music...)

her: do you have an extra cigarette?
me: hmmm I donno...:rolleyes:
me: Ask HIM <-- (pointing to the guy next to me)
(I finish my smoke and leave)

Sometimes if someone asks:

do you have an extra smoke?
I say: "they only give me 20/25 in a pack"...:D
(thats Only if they say "extra")

If they ask to BUY a smoke then maybe I sell one.
But I never give free hand-outs to anyone,even HB's.

Anyway = What would you guys say if a chick asks
for a cigarette? jus curious

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I dont smoke, only on special occasions which is very infrequent.

Whenever a girl asks me for a cig i tell her its a disgusting habit and that i dont smoke.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always ask for ID, "can I see some ID, just want to cut down on underage smoking" or some other smart ass remark, but if she actually pulls and ID you can find out her name and chat her up. Always have a lighter, just to impoving your chances of chatting up more ladies. Just a side note, I f*cking hate when people ask to buy a smoke, like I wan't more loose change in my god damn pocket, just to give you a cigarette, f*ck you. (sorry that really pisses me off for some reason)

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes my friends will ask a guy for a cigarette or a light even if they don't smoke just as an excuse to go talk to the guy. I once saw my friend go up to a guy and ask if he had a cigarette. She just held it in her hand and didn't light it and just kept talking to him. When he finally asked her "do you need a light?" she said "no I don't smoke. I just wanted to talk to you." So, while I don't necessarily recommend giving out free smokes (usually, the girl is just scamming free stuff) definitely don't be rude about it because you never know when the girl is trying to hit on you, but is too shy to outright do it. Although, in NY it is illegal to smoke in bars now so that probably won't work around here anymore.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeeezus christ..this is the perfect opportunity to chat up a HB and you told her to go get it from someone else?

This is the perfect opportunity for C/F..not rejection!

a cigarette costs .25 cents for gawds sake , I get chicks hittin me up all the time..and they usually stand around and talk to me

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd only go after a chick that smokes if you smoke too and/or you only want a short physical relationship. She probably already smells like sh*t, has a lousy-tasting mouth (and juices), and has yellow teeth. In a few years, those will be worse, plus she'll be constantly coughing in the grossest possible way, and she'll look 10-15 years older than she actually is. Plus, smoking is an expensive habit, so a smoker is more likely to be a gold-digger at times.

Forgive me if this sounds preachy, I just think that the only reasons smokers aren't eligible for Darwin Awards are cuz their smoking can kill other ppl (second-hand smoke, fires, etc...) and b/c there are too many for it to count as original or novel.

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes I agree with starman,
good time to chat her up.

But I still wouldn't let a smoke go for free...
If I was mean I would say: if you can't afford it DONT SMOKE!
I'm looking for creative comebacks for when they ask...

Bnuts:
Good one!

Who says you have to accept the 25 cents or loonie,
I think of that like a filter,so I can see if they expect
free handouts... if they say " buy a smoke"
you can say " here, keep the change"
and then chat her up...

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
huh, I don't know about your country. But over here, if a girl approaches YOU, and you're not even smoking, and asks you for a smoke, she's basically asking you to ask her out.. I don't think I ever got rejected when asking a girl out (first some stupid/funny convo) after she asked me that. And no I don't smoke. I once said to a girl 'No I don't smoke, you shouldn't either, you're gonne taste like hell' and still asked her out =)

Again this could be different from country to country, but over here, a chiq approaches you (for sure in a club, but definatelly on the street) and asks you for a smoke = please ask me out.

The Real Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
This should've been posted in the " missed come ons " thread here somewhere.

Ar7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
Jeeezus christ..this is the perfect opportunity to chat up a HB and you told her to go get it from someone else?

This is the perfect opportunity for C/F..not rejection!

a cigarette costs .25 cents for gawds sake , I get chicks hittin me up all the time..and they usually stand around and talk to me
Exactly...

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Again this could be different from country to country, but over here, a chiq approaches you (for sure in a club, but definatelly on the street) and asks you for a smoke = please ask me out."

Searched for this thread just now - Girl on friday night (HB8)asked me (on the dancefloor?!)

"i don't mean to be rude but do you have a cigarette i could have?"

I thought nothing of it and replied like Julian 'nah, don't smoke, you shouldn't either - bad for your health!'

Come to think of it, some girl asked me for a lighter (on the dancefloor AGAIN?!) the other week. Is this girls too shy to come on to me or just people wanting a smoke on the dancefloor???

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes, I get this a lot. Once a HB8 came to me and asked if she could have a cigarette. She was smiling at me, lots of eye contacts and she laughed at everything I said (which wasn't particularly funny I must admit).

It was an obvious pick up and my friends commented on it too, but I was in a relationship at the time and didn't take it further.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
UMMM, no offense, but that is really rude to do that. I was a smoker for almost 3 years. Its what i call "smoker's courtesy". Wouldnt you be pissed if you just ran out of cigs and you asked to bum one and someone said no? I can understand if you have less than 5 left, in which you say, "i would but i'm almost out" and they'd understand. But when someone asked me to bum onfor them and i had a lot left, i would. I feel their pain in longing for a smoke. i mean, i just think it would be common courtesy to give one out and not ask for a quarter. Are you really that cheap? whenever someone would shove a quarter in my hand i would always refuse. I mean, its 25 cents!

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"It was an obvious pick up"

Yea, but it's different when your in a bar or something. What about when your on the dancefloor of a club?

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow Im amazed this post resurfaced!

Missed come on?heh probably,I don't mind :)

Smoking on the dance floor?? They don't allow that here...
I believe they Used to ~

My point on this thread was that if someone offers
to "buy" a smoke from you it shows they are not
free-loaders... I usually turn down the money
and sometimes they insist I take it.
I do the same when I'm bumming smokes...
(I ask if I can buy a smoke from them)
a pack of cigs is now like 10$ here ...*&#@^ Government

I'v given lights to anyone who asks and yes thats
an excellent conversation opener (ice breaker)
I always have a lighter on me
:cool: