Do you gauge I retest on text response time?

TheBigShow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Was thinking about my texting method the other day. As an example lets say a girl texts me. Generally Ill wait an hour or more before replying. If she texts me back quickly, Ill then text back quickly (creating the the impression I e been busy but now have time.) if she texts back quickly again Ill wait 5 to 10 then wrap it up if possible. Basically Even if I'm on the couch, I want her to think I'm busy.

How do you generally work your texting?

Also how do you guys judge a girls reply time with regards to interest level?

Naozumie

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I want to text her, I text her. If I don't, I don't, it's honestly that simple. You're thinking too hard about it. Instead of having her "think you're busy." Try actually being busy by picking up a hobby.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naozumie said:
If I want to text her, I text her. If I don't, I don't, it's honestly that simple. You're thinking too hard about it. Instead of having her "think you're busy." Try actually being busy by picking up a hobby.
Yeah, that's kinda my philosophy too.

The thing is, if I don't reply to a girl's text, I will forget to respond. So there are times when I will just write back to her right away. And if I'm not in the mood to deal with it, I just won't respond.

I'm not a big believer in long text conversations. If I'm dating a girl, I might text her a joke or a question or comment when I'm not around her. Just to keep her entertained.

But I don't do the whole long, boring, mundane: "What ya doin?" "Eating dinner." "What ya eating?" "Meatloaf." "What ya watching on TV?" "David Letterman."

So to answer the original question - text when you feel like it. But don't text too goddamn much because it's just boring. Say something when there's something to say. But don't stay attached to your phone all day long counting the minutes between texts.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play the whole wait to respond thing. It's fun I guess but kind of pointless. If she takes a while back to respond, I just wait 20 minutes. She usually will text back immediately afterwards.

I don't text a lot anyway. Much easier to use texting just to set up dates/hangouts and talk with them in person. Much more fun (for me) to flirt in person with eye contact, body language, etc. Plus it doesn't give her time to think of a response. Easier to run game and have a good time, build rapport, and also - you can't fvck her through text.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I text according to the time I read the message, I dont create illusions or do tricks infact I have a strict no bvllsh1t policy which applies to all.

If I sense that a girl is playing games I take it as a low respect/low interest from her and I act accordingly, the time she takes to reply and the number of lines may be a good indicator of her interest.

Anytime my gut is annoyed from something I listen at it and act accordingly, your brain may be tricked but your gut knows best.

Von Huge

Don Juan
Reaction score
I try not to reply instantly unless it's one of those texting conversations, but usually I'm busy enough as it is to have to reply when it's convenient for me. Unless you're doing nothing (in which case maybe it's smarter not to reply to everything instantly) just text whenever is convenient for you. Don't get sucked into games.

Checkmate12

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have to agree that actually being busy and not being extremely invested in the text convo is the best bet, but when you're not busy I think it's still important to maintain the illusion or at least mix up response times. Rarity is one of the most attractive things to a human being and making yourself appear scarce/busy/rare even when you're not can pay off.

March Fagness

Reaction score
Just mix it up. Occasionally respond back instantly, then the next day wait for two hours. Don't overthink it, though. Just make sure you're being scarce and not texting her every minute.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here is the psychology

Text back straight away you create impression being too available thus lowering your value
Text back later then she will think of you , creating higher value

Obviously you can't text back weeks later . The trick is to maximize their anxiety

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
You don't want to appear to be busy. You want to be busy.

Find something that will improve your life. Occupy yourself. Keep your mind engaged on something else.

Then you can text whenever you want.
Anticipating a text is an AFC trait.