Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do you believe in astrology, horoscopes and that sort of thing?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im quite sure that there is some truth in astrology and that sort of thing. Im an aquarius and the description of that sign is dead on with my personality. also out of curiosity i was looking around which signs were most compatible with mine. It turns out sagittarius is one of them, and surprisingly enough this girl that ive been talking to is a sagittarius and who i also had a date with today.

Well i read about that sign and read that theyre very fun to be around and how a coffee date wouldnt be such a good idea with these kind of people, that theyre more active and they like to do sports, but will make a good conversation if its intellectual and challenges her thinking. I actually like conversations just like that, so the conversation went very very well. after coffee i decided to go do something more active, and since we both like boxing, i asked her if she would like to box for fun....that turned out really well.

There are 2 other girls which i just realized are sagittarius as well that i like. There sure is a correlation her.

If any of you has a gf or a girl who you get along with very well, post her and your sign? lets see how accurate this horoscope thing is

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though both my star signs (Chinese astrology and Western horoscope) are 75% accurate about my personality, I've rarely, if ever, seen an accurate prediction about my life.

Like today, my horoscope said I would "experience an opportunity to become a great leader". So far, the only great thing I've done today is find my underwear (I lost it a few weeks ago under my bed), and I'm not sure if that demonstrates any kind of leadership.

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously not, since, you know, they're not real.

Johnnie5

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have found that the daily horoscopes are what you make of them

but more and more over the years i have read the star sign traits and the more people i meet the more it makes sense

I am a pisces and what i read about myself is pretty true

I get along well with Pisces and Cancer , I'm currently with a Pisces and we get along fantastic, no hint of arguements at all , and the description of interaction between Scorpio and Pisces is pretty right

Leos are bad news for Pisces and have confirmed that numerous times and no way in hell do i chase leos now

learn about the signs you click with and read up on that **** , bring it up with women and they melt when you start talking about it,

oh yeh i can see you are a scorpio, you are so typical of the sign ,

oh really ?

you havent read about them ?

no i havent

well they are the most sexual of the signs, very flirtatious blah blah blah

you know that pisces and scorpio are a very good match

watch the interest level rise

try it out and see the results

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh im sorry, i was actually not talking about daily horoscopes....I know those are always bull****, but the description of your astrology signs. Like when it tells you what your qualities are and things like that.

Just for the sake of an experiment, post your astrological sign and your gfs or whoever youre interested in currently.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnnie5
i have found that the daily horoscopes are what you make of them

but more and more over the years i have read the star sign traits and the more people i meet the more it makes sense

I am a pisces and what i read about myself is pretty true

I get along well with Pisces and Cancer , I'm currently with a Pisces and we get along fantastic, no hint of arguements at all , and the description of interaction between Scorpio and Pisces is pretty right

Leos are bad news for Pisces and have confirmed that numerous times and no way in hell do i chase leos now

learn about the signs you click with and read up on that **** , bring it up with women and they melt when you start talking about it,

oh yeh i can see you are a scorpio, you are so typical of the sign ,

oh really ?

you havent read about them ?

no i havent

well they are the most sexual of the signs, very flirtatious blah blah blah

you know that pisces and scorpio are a very good match

watch the interest level rise

try it out and see the results
this is excatly what i mean. haha i rather read up about her sign and not tell her, cause i think that would kinda make her act differently, and purposly make her personality not match with her true personality. But i might give it a try one of these days

The other day i was talking to this girl who was a sagittarius and she asked me to guess her birthday....i know that theyre from nov 22 to dec 21, so the first guess i throw out was only 3 days away, she was like wtf thats really close!!! and the second guess i threw out was dead on.....she was sooooo surprisedand impressed, and it made for good conversation after that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is power in the occult. That's why it pisses God off so much; that's why this is covered in commandment numero uno. Women are into the occult because they all have a little bit of evil left in them. If you believe in the idea of one supreme God, please stay the hell away from everything occult. If not, your journey is your own; there is always free will.

Reaction score
where the hell do u go to find out what sign or whatever u are??

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVP¤¥¤JI€GALO
where the hell do u go to find out what sign or whatever u are??
when is your birthday?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I studied Astrology for about 5 years as a hobby. I focused mostly on compatibility charts between two people. I've done these charts on people that I know with other people in their lives as well as with my own family...so I know the people enough to tell how accurate the readings were. I've never seen the compatibility readings be wrong. Oddly enough...there is even a specific once in a lifetime transit that always led to a divorce or break up of long term relationships in all the charts I did. These kinds of charts are extremely accurate if you find a really good book to use to do them. Some of the books out there are crap, but some are really good.

I also did some research and dabbling in Tarot. I haven't found that to be all that accurate, but can be fun if you like that sort of thing. I got bored with it quickly, though. Astrology is quite fascinating, though...but very challenging to really learn. You could study it for 20 years and still not learn everything about the subject.

The horoscopes you see in the paper and magazines are crap. They only cover your Sun sign. Everyone has a sign for the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, all the planets and Chiron. That's why the basic horoscopes are almost never accurate and are always pretty vague. If you want to really see how accurate Astrology is you need to get a chart done. You can get them done for free online. I'll see if I can find a decent link to put on this thread for people who want one to get them.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a decent free chart. I've included my reading. For the most part it's pretty accurate.
There are a couple of things that were a bit off, though.

http://www.alabe.com/freechart/

Rising Sign is in 19 Degrees Libra
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. "Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. You always try to ameliorate or to cosmetically hide any physical ugliness or any angry feelings between people. Flashy, but not gaudy, you prefer to dress elegantly. You generally have good taste in music, art and literature. Beware of the tendency to compromise yourself in your attempt to be agreeable at all times. A bit of a social butterfly, at times you can be vain and lazy. For the most part, however, you are gracious and affectionate, and your refined and aristocratic demeanor serves as a role model to others.

Sun is in 11 Degrees Sagittarius.
Very fun-loving, spirited and energetic, you have a huge reservoir of physical energy within you that needs to be released. As such, exercise or sports are very important to you. Quite gregarious, you enjoy being with other people, but you tend to avoid emotionally restrictive or intimate relationships. Constantly curious about the broader issues of life, you may at times be quite careless and sloppy about details -- you tend to leap to conclusions before all the facts are in. An avid reader, you are totally enthusiastic about any given subject should it interest you. You are known for being idealistic, generous, sociable, cheerful and very positive!

Moon is in 16 Degrees Aries.
High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out." You sometimes act before you think and do things on the spur of the moment, and that sometimes gets you into trouble. Your moods change quickly -- you have quite a temper, but you don't hold grudges. Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality, you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.

Mercury is in 09 Degrees Sagittarius.
Your mind is very curious and inquisitive, always seeking information on a wide variety of topics. The broader the subject matter (philosophy, science, religion, metaphysics), the more it will appeal to you. You prefer to deal with abstractions -- the small but important details associated with any subject tend to slip your grasp. You are known for being blunt, honest and truthful.

Venus is in 27 Degrees Capricorn.
You tend to keep your feelings under control -- emotions are only released in serious or important situations. You are distrustful of others whose behavior could be judged excessive or immoderate. As such, you prefer to relate only to those who are wiser than you or to those whose position is such that respect and duty are more important for both of you than passion or emotional response. Be careful, however, of relationships that are merely based on practicality or utility or you will ultimately be lonely.

Mars is in 15 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely ambitious, you are willing to work very hard to reach the goals you have set for yourself. Very practical, cautious and conservative, you demand tangible results for your efforts. You need to excel in whatever you do, and you have the required sense of responsibility, dedication and self-discipline to bring it about.

Jupiter is in 28 Degrees Gemini.
You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things. Your interests are wide-ranging and you are an avid student, with expertise in many different areas. You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason. You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life. Your overemphasis on developing your powerful intellect can cause your emotional and intuitive abilities to atrophy unless you consciously choose to exercise them.

Saturn is in 10 Degrees Pisces.
Your tendency to think that your life is out of control is based on an unreasonable fear, probably connected with an unfortunate experience with the person who filled the father figure role in your early life. Learn to take responsibility here and now for your own life. Try to stop having unrealistic expectations about guide figures. Remember that they are merely human, with all the same faults and self-doubts that you have. When you get confused or uncertain, try to simplify your lifestyle -- things will then become easier to bear.

Uranus is in 19 Degrees Virgo.
You, and all your peers, will be known for the degree of intensity with which you dislike normal everyday routines and chores. You will go out of your way to invent innovative, unique and timesaving ways to perform the various mundane routines and duties of living. You will be attracted to all manner of practical and useful gadgets -- anything that will make your daily life more exciting.

Neptune is in 20 Degrees Scorpio.
You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 18 Degrees Virgo.
For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

N. Node is in 04 Degrees Gemini.
You will consciously seek out many different contacts with others throughout your life. Many of these will be of very short duration, not necessarily because you're fickle, but just because you always seem to be more excited by the prospect of meeting someone new rather than prolonging your present relationships. At any rate, you will learn something new from almost everyone you come across -- intellectual stimulation is what you crave from others. You will be well known to neighbors and relatives, partly due to your curiosity about what they're doing -- you delight in keeping up-to-date about the latest news (and gossip).

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
There is power in the occult. That's why it pisses God off so much; that's why this is covered in commandment numero uno. Women are into the occult because they all have a little bit of evil left in them. If you believe in the idea of one supreme God, please stay the hell away from everything occult. If not, your journey is your own; there is always free will.
I dont think theres anything occult or evil about astrology. I mean its almost a science. Movments of the planets and how they affect your energy, why would they be evil? If God was really "pissed off" at these things why would he make all these patterns in the first place.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
"There shall be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars." - Jesus Christ, Luke 21:25

The bible says not to worship the sun, moon and stars...that is NOT what astrology is about. There is no "worshipping" in astrology. You're confusing the study of the influence of these heavenly bodies on people with the practice of believing in Sun Gods, Moon Gods and Gods named after the planets.

Astrology has proven to be quite accurate in describing personality and compatibility in my experience. At the same time, I have never worshipped or "bowed down to" the sun, moon or stars.

The bible says a lot of genuinely messed up things that any God fearing person today wouldn't believe in no matter what. It's stupid to use the bible to thump others over the head because you don't agree with them. Especially when everyone who thumps people over the head with their bible is certainly doing plenty that the bible says not to do.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into "cold reading" and you will learn exactly how all this stuff works. There's nothing spiritual or paranormal in it at all; it's more of a linguistic art. The idea is to use generic phrases that apply to as wide an audience as possible.

There was a thread on cold reading in this forum not so long ago. The same stuff is applied to seances, tarot reading, fortune tellers and alike too.

Personal readings are much more accurate since the reader can assume a lot of things about your appearance, age, behaviour etc, which can be used to form a good description of your character, past and future.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Look into "cold reading" and you will learn exactly how all this stuff works. There's nothing spiritual or paranormal in it at all; it's more of a linguistic art. The idea is to use generic phrases that apply to as wide an audience as possible.

There was a thread on cold reading in this forum not so long ago. The same stuff is applied to seances, tarot reading, fortune tellers and alike too.

Personal readings are much more accurate since the reader can assume a lot of things about your appearance, age, behaviour etc, which can be used to form a good description of your character, past and future.
well forget about everything, EXCEPT astrology, in my opinion i dont think cold reading applies to astrology and its the only thing thats legitimate.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
undesputable:
Im quite sure that there is some truth in astrology and that sort of thing.
There is absolutely no truth whatsoever in astrology. To spare myself unnecessary typing and explaining on physics and astronomy, I refer you to this page which gives quite an excellent and brilliant debunking of astrology. There is nay a shred of truth in astology. It is quite simply an absurdity. For instance...
From “Phil Plait’s Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions: Astrology”:

As far as we know, every force weakens with distance. An object farther away has lesser force on you than something closer. Yet astrologers claim that all the planets have equal (or at least comparable) effects, so nearby Venus and distant Pluto both exert some sort of measurable tug on you (at least, measurable in the sense that they can affect your life somehow). This means, by the astrologers’ own claims, distance must not be a factor with this force. Obviously, mass mustn’t either, or else Jupiter would dominate the planets, and poor tiny Mercury would be left out.

But this cannot be right! What about asteroids? These are chunks of rock and metal that also orbit the Sun along with planets. Most asteroids are closer to Earth than the outer planets (not that distance matters to astrologers, remember?), so they should have some effect. The problem is that there are many, many asteroids. My friend Dan Durda has calculated that there are a billion asteroids in the solar system larger than 100 meters in diameter. That's a lot of rock! So why don’t astrologers include them in their horoscopes?

And it gets worse for astrology. Astronomers have now found about 150 planets orbiting other stars. These are very distant, certainly, but hey! Distance is no issue. So therefore these planets must affect us too. Now, these are only the planets we’ve discovered so far. Given how many we’ve found, and what kind of stars they tend to orbit, it’s reasonable to assume that there are billions (billions!) of such planets in our galaxy alone. They’re everywhere! Why don’t astrologers include them in their horoscopes?
Now, apart from the fact that astrology is baseless, onwards to further how there is no credibility to astrology.
undesputable:
I’m an aquarius and the description of that sign is dead on with my personality.
There are two facts which speak against that claim. Firstly, by the process of shoehorning, descriptions in horoscopes are so broad that it can be applied to anyone. Secondly, by the process of confirmation bias, people remember the hits and forget the parts of horoscopes which don’t apply to them. Notice how in Wyldfire’s listing of astrological readings affirm this.

To debunk the “accuracy” of horoscopes, back in the late 1980’s reporter John Stossel, then correspondent on Good Morning America, conducted a brilliant experiment involving a horoscope, a group of students, and a serial killer. Stossel went to one of those astrologers with celebrity clients and had a horoscope drawn up from charts using an anonymous birthdate. (Let it be repeated, it was from a chart, which people like Wyldfire say are “accurate.”) In the meantime, two weeks prior, he collected birthdate information from a classroom of adult education students. Two weeks later, the students were handed detailed horoscopes which they thought were individually tailored to them. When asked, every single student thought their horoscope was “dead on” with describing their personality. They all felt special. The students were then asked to swap horoscopes. They were all reading the same exact horoscope. To boot, the celebrity astrologer who charted the horoscope was duped in charting from a birthdate of serial killer Edmund Kemper!

Horoscopes are not “accurate.”

To wit, the James Randi Educational Foundation (www.randi.org) has a one million dollar challenge to anyone claiming they have a paranormal ability—or can conjure a paranormal event, e.g. summon UFOs, ghost hunters, horoscopes—and among considered paranormal is astrology. There is one million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate—not “prove” but simply demonstrate—in a controlled setting, that astrology works. To wit, no one has claimed the prize. No one has ever passed even the preliminary test. Gee, I wonder why.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bible says a lot of genuinely messed up things that any God fearing person today wouldn't believe in no matter what.

Yeah, like "don't listen to women."

If you are picking and choosing what you will believe, then what is the point of having a bible at all? Why don't you just write your own from scratch?

Astrology violates the first commandment. If it takes a thumping for you to realize this, then so be it.

SetzerSky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first of all let me jsut say that not one of my signs describes my personality at all. Sure there are a few tidbits that match, but thats the extent of it. It's hard to believe we actually have people claiming to be don juans who are avoiding specific woman because there fvcking sign doesnt match. I mean wow. It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that atrology has no basis whatsoever in fact.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
There is absolutely no truth whatsoever in astrology. To spare myself unnecessary typing and explaining on physics and astronomy, I refer you to this page
Elctromagnetism, gravity and the other 2 forces have to be combined first, which is what string physists are trying to do right now. I think its unfair to debunk something, by concepts that we dont even truly understand yet when combined together.

So now you get into this new theory, called the string theory which predicts even more bizarre things than astrology. But thats a completly different subject, although very interesting as well.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SetzerSky
Well first of all let me jsut say that not one of my signs describes my personality at all. Sure there are a few tidbits that match, but thats the extent of it. It's hard to believe we actually have people claiming to be don juans who are avoiding specific woman because there fvcking sign doesnt match. I mean wow. It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that atrology has no basis whatsoever in fact.
by the way i wouldnt go so far as to avoid women just because our signs dont match....but if there is a coeincidence, if thats what you want to call it, that we really wouldnt get along, i wouldnt waste my time with her.