Do the majority of girls think they're hot regardless of reality?

Herb

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just curious about others opinions and experiences with this. It doesn't really have to do with any current situation in my life. I just noticed a lot of girls are unrealistic about where they stand, like if you approach a more average girl at a bar, they can actually be more testy and hostile and bitchy than some hotter ones (there are exceptions though, and I've met more humble girls). I bring this up because recently a girl I briefly went on a few dates with like four years ago hit me up again and made me recall the stupid drama with her from long ago...

She was a rather short and round Latina overall (though totally American and grew up here all her life) that I briefly hooked up with as a rebound, only to find that she was basically a virgin and got really attached. A year and a half older than me, but more immature in many ways, since she was basically a life noob without real experiences, having been a sheltered daddy's girl. Never left the U.S. and barely ever left her tri-state area. Just lived in a bubble. Her family ran a restaurant and property management business that became decently lucrative over time and her job was to help out with it, even though she never finished college. I was surprised by how little she knew or cared about **** in the real world, or just general knowledge; she thought I was weird for not liking mainstream pop music that appeals to basic b*tches. Always tried to act like she could keep up with me in terms of understanding more complex topics, despite failing badly; she would never admit she was anything short of brilliant and prided herself on being "classy".

But despite all this and her appearance, she thought she was God's gift to Earth and was genuinely surprised and confused when I told her that I wasn't attracted to her after a couple of weeks (I had problems even messing around with her if not sufficiently inebriated)! Said something like "I don't understand how someone can't be attracted to me"... She's like maybe a 5.5 at best and I'm like a 7-7.5 (she's 5'3" and like over 180lb and doesn't even have much in the way of boobs- somehow she managed to become a "plus-sized model" for this like third-rate agency; no idea how since usually they're taller and bustier or have better faces). Instead of losing weight like she said she would, she never worked out and actually gained some over the month and a half I knew her. I was misled by her online pics but was awful with women back then and desperate for a rebound so I just went with it after meeting her since I had already made the time/money investment.

She kept saying that all these guys would constantly hit on her (out of the five or six times I went out with her, I only saw a couple of black guys who liked big booties talk to her), but relationship-wise she had only been with one guy for 6 months shortly before meeting me, despite being 26. Yet she acted like it was her who's turning down all these guys, not that other guys weren't interested in her. But she actually believed what she was saying! And she thought she was on par with me. After hearing what I said she said “well tbh I never really found you all that attractive anyway and neither did my friends”, despite her being obsessed with me and her friends also showing interest (her one gay friend thought I was gay since I was with her and kept hitting on me one night insisting I was in denial LOL). I guess getting constant reinforcement that she was a pretty little princess from her family and friends all while growing up actually convinced her that was the case or something. Or else the delusion is just a deep-seated mental/psychological mechanism for protecting herself.

I think for some girls, there's nothing anyone can say to change their mind. Not that people should tell them, since that's mean. But she was kind of asking for it after a while. And she apparently hasn't been with anyone else in the last four years, and is now randomly showing interest in me again... I think I screwed this girl up giving her an unrealistic expectation by showing (fake) interest in her. She's only going to go for guys that are out of her league now, and needs a dose of reality at some point in her life, cause she just turned 30. I'm never making the mistake of stooping that low again, that's for sure!

I've also been with girls that are quite humble and don't give themselves enough credit. But most girls I met think they're hotter than they are. Is that just how it is?

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
TL;DR!

When there's an abundance of beta males, they are just gonna inflate these egos, just be friends, comic relief, tech support, emotional support, providers, orbiters, etc.

Thanks to this, many HB3's have more options than the average guy. Now even the average girl is thirsty for a top 10% guy.

It's this that drives up the price of sex, and the only thing that'll make it drop is most guys stop talking to girls. Of course that's not gonna happen.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
On Facebook there was a former model who is constantly posting selfies of her face but there is not one single photo of her body. She turns out to be giant now but somehow hides it in her selfies that get 1000 likes.

So I commented "You can always hand the camera to another human and ask them to take one" and she went off with emails and comments from her and her sister (who divorced my best friend and ruined his life and comments how I must pay my 21year old women, forgetting I know she is paid $2000 a week for life by my friend for her to do nothing).

The model (who I dated in 1997 and now is a single mom) not only unfriended me but blocked me! Just for requesting one non-selfie!

These girls are diabolical in their arrogance and insecurity blended into a selfie smoothie.

Billtx49

Reaction score
TL;DR!

When there's an abundance of beta males, they are just gonna inflate these egos
Exactly right. Their mentality is exactly proportional to the size of their ego. Too high, they are too above you to even consider you as an option. Too low, overly receptive to an advance, possibly appearing to be needy. In the middle, it's game on to your advantage.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why we should be visibly rejecting women who don't meet our standards and expectations.
We should be used to this, just as they are.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop with the wall of text. Really.... get to the point. You are wondering why mediocre chicks think they are hot. They do not. Women are not stupid they know exactly where they stand relative to other women. Mediocre girls are just not used to getting hit on, so they get confused by flirting and real male interest. Hot girls have more experience they know when you are REALLY interested.

Now trust me on this.... if you are a good looking put together dude, just hit on a girl a couple of levels below you and she fvcking goes nuts, she has no fvcking idea what to do with that. Hot girls NEVER flake on me, but they can be hard to bed... the ones I like that are not that great looking flake like motherfvckers... they flake like idiots because they have no confidence... they are terrified of their attraction and getting hurt... and a bunch of other chick sh!t we will not understand.

So what am I saying... there is a sweet spot where the probability of success is good. You just have to find it. But you are the man... and it is your responsibility to make sh!t happen.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Right. You have to gauge where their ego level and self perception is at relatively fast, then adjust your game level accordingly.

Last edited:

Herb

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok ok lol sorry i promise ill stop with the huge intro posts from now on. i guess i just wanted to rant about how crappy this girl was and how delusional she was about it all, and still is. i think i shouldn't apply her situation to others. she was a special case; partly cause she was raised in certain conditions and partly because she just probably wasn't that smart. she was always obsessed with "proving" herself to others

with other girls it might just be that they're not used to being hit on and don't know how to handle it, and then hence the flaking or whatever. or maybe they like to have the experience of rejecting people and that feeling of power lol.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't know that these average (or less) women think they are hot PER SE (although some might). It's more about them believing (or wanting to believe) that they are somehow ABOVE most guys.

A lot of women are just OBSESSED with some kind of social hierarchy or pecking order (or shall we say pissing match). While men CAN be competitive, most are more laid back about this stuff. I think of it this way....

If a fatty approaches Chad, he doesn't get pissed off. He will laugh it off or cut the conversation short, but he generally WON'T take it personally and won't hate her.

But if an average (or slightly below average) guy approaches an average looking woman, she gets all pissed off and views it like some personal attack when it's not personal at all.

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I was just curious about others opinions and experiences with this. It doesn't really have to do with any current situation in my life. I just noticed a lot of girls are unrealistic about where they stand, like if you approach a more average girl at a bar, they can actually be more testy and hostile and bitchy than some hotter ones (there are exceptions though, and I've met more humble girls). I bring this up because recently a girl I briefly went on a few dates with like four years ago hit me up again and made me recall the stupid drama with her from long ago...

She was a rather short and round Latina overall (though totally American and grew up here all her life) that I briefly hooked up with as a rebound, only to find that she was basically a virgin and got really attached. A year and a half older than me, but more immature in many ways, since she was basically a life noob without real experiences, having been a sheltered daddy's girl. Never left the U.S. and barely ever left her tri-state area. Just lived in a bubble. Her family ran a restaurant and property management business that became decently lucrative over time and her job was to help out with it, even though she never finished college. I was surprised by how little she knew or cared about **** in the real world, or just general knowledge; she thought I was weird for not liking mainstream pop music that appeals to basic b*tches. Always tried to act like she could keep up with me in terms of understanding more complex topics, despite failing badly; she would never admit she was anything short of brilliant and prided herself on being "classy".

But despite all this and her appearance, she thought she was God's gift to Earth and was genuinely surprised and confused when I told her that I wasn't attracted to her after a couple of weeks (I had problems even messing around with her if not sufficiently inebriated)! Said something like "I don't understand how someone can't be attracted to me"... She's like maybe a 5.5 at best and I'm like a 7-7.5 (she's 5'3" and like over 180lb and doesn't even have much in the way of boobs- somehow she managed to become a "plus-sized model" for this like third-rate agency; no idea how since usually they're taller and bustier or have better faces). Instead of losing weight like she said she would, she never worked out and actually gained some over the month and a half I knew her. I was misled by her online pics but was awful with women back then and desperate for a rebound so I just went with it after meeting her since I had already made the time/money investment.

She kept saying that all these guys would constantly hit on her (out of the five or six times I went out with her, I only saw a couple of black guys who liked big booties talk to her), but relationship-wise she had only been with one guy for 6 months shortly before meeting me, despite being 26. Yet she acted like it was her who's turning down all these guys, not that other guys weren't interested in her. But she actually believed what she was saying! And she thought she was on par with me. After hearing what I said she said “well tbh I never really found you all that attractive anyway and neither did my friends”, despite her being obsessed with me and her friends also showing interest (her one gay friend thought I was gay since I was with her and kept hitting on me one night insisting I was in denial LOL). I guess getting constant reinforcement that she was a pretty little princess from her family and friends all while growing up actually convinced her that was the case or something. Or else the delusion is just a deep-seated mental/psychological mechanism for protecting herself.

I think for some girls, there's nothing anyone can say to change their mind. Not that people should tell them, since that's mean. But she was kind of asking for it after a while. And she apparently hasn't been with anyone else in the last four years, and is now randomly showing interest in me again... I think I screwed this girl up giving her an unrealistic expectation by showing (fake) interest in her. She's only going to go for guys that are out of her league now, and needs a dose of reality at some point in her life, cause she just turned 30. I'm never making the mistake of stooping that low again, that's for sure!

I've also been with girls that are quite humble and don't give themselves enough credit. But most girls I met think they're hotter than they are. Is that just how it is?
New
Yes. Social media and OLD have made sure of that.
I believe with the Internet, some women get this way. If their profile photos mirror their FB selfies that they take every 2 seconds where it confirms their narcissistic behavior...it makes me.

1. They would be more into themselves than into the men they are trying to date
2. They constantly need validation.

There's this one woman, I saw recently, granted, she is a hot Brazilian woman...it's weird she has like 90% photos of herself and rarely of ANYONE else. I think she has one group photo of her and her family out at a theme park, but that's it. And recently, she put up a slideshow of pics..with background music...just of herself.

Surprisingly, she doesn't get that many "You're beautiful" comments and when I had tried to chat with her, she's very short with me. (Knew her from a party I met her at briefly)