Do nice guys always finish last?

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl I just started talking to has 3 hardcore orbiters. I know for a fact she's manipulative to beta guys who cower to her...

She has three orbiters who all want her. She gets so much male attention it's scary from them. The attention in my opinion is FRIENDLY, I see pictures posted and she poses with them like she does with her girlfriends. Dumbass kissy faces, constant facebook attention from the guys, liking, poking, etc etc. They go out of their way to accommodate this girl. Don't girls with a dirty side like some sort of challenge?

The front running beta has told me they kissed once for a few seconds, and that she "likes" him. (A few seconds? LOL $hit's funny)

^^If that's so, she "likes" him, why is she super sexual when she texts me? Should a DJ be concerned with a guy like this?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice guys finish last, awesome guys finish on her face. (quoted) I sincerely hope you're the awesome guy.

P

perseverance

I don't buy the whole nice guy/bad guy b*llsh*t.

I believe in offering everybody I meet the same common courtesy, the same politeness and the same level of basic respect. Does that make me nice? Perhaps. However, get on the wrong side of me and my nasty, spiteful, aggressive and vicious side will come out and create havoc. Does that make me a bad guy? Perhaps. I'm ok with people who are ok with me and do me no personal wrong.

With women, I believe in being a gentleman, however that's not to say I'm going to roll over for any woman and if I deem a woman is being disrespectful to me or treating me like an idiot, I'll call her out on it.

Purposely treating women like dirt on the bottom of your shoe is no better than treating a woman like a Princess. Treat a woman as just that, a woman.

So do nice guys finish last? Maybe, but I doubt bad boys finish much higher.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like those guys are afraid to escalate.
The question is are you?

The girl sounds like a bit of an AW. Good for sex only.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If by nice you mean scared then yes.

If by nice you mean polite, understanding, kind, etc. then definitely not.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Nice guys finish last, but no one said they don't finish at all. Often they finish with a mound of bills incurred by the children of the divorced single mother he finished with.

But they're in love, and he got her with his niceness so don't harsh on his bliss,..

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Yes. Nice guys finish last, but no one said they don't finish at all. Often they finish with a mound of bills incurred by the children of the divorced single mother he finished with.

But they're in love, and he got her with his niceness so don't harsh on his bliss,..
hey rollo, i just read a couple articles on your blog, they are well written and a nice read.

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're alpha, they're beta. What do you have to worry about?

souperblitz99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad girls always want attention. So if you don't give them attention then your playing with there mind. Problem is guys give them attention so she's getting what she wants. Don't give her what she wants and she will chase. But.... in my opinion its not really the bad girl you want because no one wants a manipulative girl. At least thats my opinion.

Espi is totally right on this. I agree with him 100%. He gives great advice and I would follow that.
You treat people the way you want to be treated. Otherwise if you just play with someone the way she does its just fake and its not truely your own personality. Why get her and be something your not.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Espi said:
"Nice Guy" is too often confused with the "Insecure and Needy Guy." "Pushover Guy." "Doormat Guy."

A truly Nice Guy, in my opinion, is the one who treats other people with respect--i.e. he treats others the way that he would like to be treated.

The truly Nice Guy isn't needy or insecure and thinks too highly of himself to ever be treated like doormat.
Rollo, what do you think of Espi's definition of Nice Guy as one who treats others with respect? Do you walk around disrespecting people in your day to day life? I doubt that you do.

If you advocate "jerk game", is this something you only use when talking to women? Or do you act like a jerk toward other men as well? It seems like if you are going to have congruence of character, and you're going to be a jerk, it shouldn't matter who you are dealing with.

One flaw with "jerk game" that I see is that a lot of PUAs talk about offering social proof. But if you act like a jerk toward people it seems to me like they are going to avoid you like the plague. Won't you offer more social proof if you can, you know, make friends?

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy sounds like a wimp. I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus if she's really into you, then you not worrying about it will make her think "WHAT THE FVCK, WHY IS HE NOT PARANOID I HAVE X, Y, and Z AFTER ME.. I HAVE TO DO MORE TO GET HIM MORE INTO ME."

You can usually see signs of this thinking when you know you're the only dude she's dating.. But she'll talk about her guy friends to try to make you jealous.

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes this nice guy debate has been discussed in length, but usually the "nice guy" doormats are asking these questions.

Even if this girl is a filthy skank lol, who is totally not dating material it's still fun to play the game. She has these guys eating out of her hand, literally. They drive her places and take her out on dates, yet she's texting me about all the different positions she wants to fvck, and I havent spent a dime.

I've been that doormat before, we all probably have. Its just wild to be on the other side of the playing field with this one.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Rollo, what do you think of Espi's definition of Nice Guy as one who treats others with respect? Do you walk around disrespecting people in your day to day life? I doubt that you do.
Let's look at this from the perspective of the typical Nice Guy. By that I mean the type of guy who's been told by more than a few women, "you're such a nice guy, any girl would be happy to be with you (except me)." As such, the self-described nice guy will generally be prone to determine what is or isn't 'jerk' behavior based on what he perceives are inconsistent with his own nice guy (see feminized) mindset.

Thus, the behaviors that exemplify a strong personality, determination, confidence, decisiveness, self-interest, and respectability - traits we'd otherwise read as positive in a block of text - are conveniently cast as negatives because they conflict with his own self-image of how a guy should compose himself in order to identify with women. 'Treating others with respect' is a pretty broad field to land on. If by respect you mean greeting everyone you meet with a smile and a handshake, I would think that even the most self-aware jerk might manage to fake that behavior.

There are relatively few, true, sociopathic Jerks in the world who have the means to endure as overt jerks in society. However, as is constantly recognized by the community, 80%+ of men are generally beta males looking for some means to improve their very limited options with women. Beta Game is such that it necessitates a nice guy to disqualify his sexual competitors and the easiest way to effect that is to cast their actions, no matter how noble the intent, as being reprehensible.

Now add to this that nice guys, in their constant misguided efforts to identify with women as a means to their vaginas, will eagerly adopt the social interpretations of "jerk" qualities women complain of as their own definitions of "jerk". To be more acceptable to the girl he wants to ƒuck, the nice guy's got to differentiate himself as best as possible from the behaviors she purportedly hates. More often than not, those exact same behaviors that men would otherwise agree denote confidence, decisiveness, ambition, self-interest, 'respectability', etc. are the ones that women find most annoying because they remove the emphasis on her and put the focus on the 'jerk' she's regularly ƒucking.

Let that sink in for a moment; the nice guy assimilates into his own definition of what constitutes 'jerk' behavior based on what a woman he's interested in complains to him are HER definitions of 'jerk' behavior. What's important is to separate what women define as the acts of jerkness with the corresponding qualities they imply. For instance, a guy who blows off a childishly emotionally female outburst gets defined as being "an inconsiderate jerk indifferent to her feelings" by her, yet in another context his actions are a stoic, confident, and decisive response to her exaggerated emotional response. The definition the nice guy adopts and then passess onto other's is tainted with her bias.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Sounds like those guys are afraid to escalate.
The question is are you?

The girl sounds like a bit of an AW. Good for sex only.
Zekko hit this on the head ^ THIS ^ -- I can reinforce this through direct personal experience. She enjoys the attention, you may score and be in the lead, but trust me, she'll keep seeking the attention.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Let that sink in for a moment; the nice guy assimilates into his own definition of what constitutes 'jerk' behavior based on what a woman he's interested in complains to him are HER definitions of 'jerk' behavior. What's important is to separate what women define as the acts of jerkness with the corresponding qualities they imply. For instance, a guy who blows off a childishly emotionally female outburst gets defined as being "an inconsiderate jerk indifferent to her feelings" by her, yet in another context his actions are a stoic, confident, and decisive response to her exaggerated emotional response. The definition the nice guy adopts and then passess onto other's is tainted with her bias.
Rollo -- Just want to clarify your rhetoric -- is this last paragraph suggesting that the nice guy shapes himself to her mold, defining himself around her dislikes by the regular "assh0le"? All at an attempt to appease her?

Whereas a confident male (I'm not labeling here alpha/beta) holds his ground irrelevant of her "tastes" and "likes" -- because truly, her approval of him is not the primary stake (which many men deem it to be).

Am I correct in understanding you?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
There are relatively few, true, sociopathic Jerks in the world who have the means to endure as overt jerks in society. However, as is constantly recognized by the community, 80%+ of men are generally beta males looking for some means to improve their very limited options with women
Again, this all comes down to how "nice guy" is defined. There seem to be as many definitions as there are posters. In your post, you're defining it as a "feminized guy".

The term "beta" isn't perfect either, but I do prefer using it to "nice guy". I think the terms "alpha/beta" cause less confusion that "nice guy/jerk".

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i'm not concerned with any other guys

don't player hate, player participate

if a woman manages to earn the honor of being my girlfriend or wife, she's damn sure not going to be giving attention like that to other guys because she knows i won't stand for it because its disrespectful to me

and if its just some chick i've seen a few times or maybe hit it but we're not dating, who cares?

the simple fact is that the vast majority of men are terrible with women so i don't see where the threat lies

have you had sex with her yet? if not, just focus on that. if you've nailed her but she's not going to be your gf, who cares what she does?

she might bless this poor nice guy with some sex, but if she does it will probably only be to get something she wants from him (gifts, money, dinners etc.)

she either lusts after him or she doesn't, and in this case it sounds like she doesn't

nice guy only has one definition. there's no need to get it twisted or get offended because maybe you have some nice guy qualities. if a woman refers to a man as a nice guy its the kiss of death and she doesn't see him as a man with sexual power. period. argue till you are blue in the face, it won't change anything. you can be polite and have manners and get laid and make women wet. but don't think that guy is a nice guy because he's not. james bond is polite with manners and he's not a nice guy.