Do Muscles help you get laid? Do they make a difference?

Phizzeek

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 19 and I'm 5'7" around 125lbs (pretty skinny) I was curious if adding muscle and getting lean would have an impact? Have any of you gone from either very skinny to jacked or fat to jacked and noticed a difference with women?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls like it, but it's nowhere near as decisive as pre-selection/competition anxiety (girls seeing you with other girls) and social circle/proximity. If you're in shape and you have a decent/good looking face (something muscles won't change) with a fitting haircut, you have things that affect your life/success with women way more than bulking up.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
"You... LIKE... muscles?" Lester Burnam (Kevin Spacey) in American Beauty.

Billtx49

Reaction score
You could probably stand to gain some more bulk or weight, but ultimately it's your personality and personal qualities that will matter most.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I was dating my dream girl and I started working out at the 3 month mark. By the 5 month mark she went from liking me a lot to gushing, saying "I love you" and I have been enjoying the best sex of my life at age 46.

Phizzeek

Banned
Reaction score
Girls like it, but it's nowhere near as decisive as pre-selection/competition anxiety (girls seeing you with other girls) and social circle/proximity. If you're in shape and you have a decent/good looking face (something muscles won't change) with a fitting haircut, you have things that affect your life/success with women way more than bulking up.
Wouldn't you say you'd get more girls around you when you've added some muscle and in shape? Like for me I've been told I have good facial aesthetics and that If I build muscle I'd get more attraction and attention therefore having more women around me. Tell me if I'm slightly wrong lol.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't you say you'd get more girls around you when you've added some muscle and in shape? Like for me I've been told I have good facial aesthetics and that If I build muscle I'd get more attraction and attention therefore having more women around me. Tell me if I'm slightly wrong lol.
No, you won't "get more girls around you", at least ime. If you are in social circles with a lot of women, you will have women around you. If not, you won't. Life doesn't work like a video game where you send your @ss to the gym and then girls start appearing out of nowhere and putting in the work for you, and girls don't have a shortage of men to select from already, you working out won't be anything special.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for me i went from being invisible to being noticed more, i also started getting lots of IOIs from women who were married or already in relationships

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
nah muscles don't help at all. chicks dig dudes who are the shape of a pear.

combing you hair and taking showers don't matter either cuz chicks may dig your manly stench and your caveman bed head hairstyle.

leaving your house doesn't matter either cuz chicks might not like you no matter what you do or look like. might as well stay in your house and play video games

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it will help to be more sexually appealing to women.

But it's more important to have adequate conversation skills, a social circle, things going for you, and not be a pushover. Don't expect girls to start jumping out of third-story windows just to get to you after you've put on 20 pounds of muscle.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah muscles don't help at all. chicks dig dudes who are the shape of a pear.

combing you hair and taking showers don't matter either cuz chicks may dig your manly stench and your caveman bed head hairstyle.

leaving your house doesn't matter either cuz chicks might not like you no matter what you do or look like. might as well stay in your house and play video games
that actually does seem to be the case a lot of the times from what ive seen. there are so many cute girls i see at my work who are married to or dating guys who never once lifted a finger to try to make themselves look better, as long as they have a career and can provide its all that matters a lot of the times

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that actually does seem to be the case a lot of the times from what ive seen. there are so many cute girls i see at my work who are married to or dating guys who never once lifted a finger to try to make themselves look better, as long as they have a career and can provide its all that matters a lot of the times
Those "relationships" will be chit. Zero attraction, all about the money. Those dudes are not happy and the women are probably cheating

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those "relationships" will be chit. Zero attraction, all about the money. Those dudes are not happy and the women are probably cheating
a lot of these women at my work who are dating chump/loser looking providers are the same ones i constantly catch looking at me, or they give me IOIs to see if im interested, and then act disinterested when i reciprocate or try to talk to them, its very clear to me that a lot of young attractive women out there are marrying and dating guys they arent sexually attracted to. im actually sick of the fake IOIs and sick of women going cold all of a sudden when i think they like me but hey id rather be single and in shape and be the guy they look at instead of the provider who doesnt make her ***** wet

i mean ive literally had women giving me looks while holding their baby in their arms and their chump husband was next to them, there were a few women at my work who had their husbands bring their kids by when this happened, and it really wierds me out sometimes cause im actually not used to this kind of attention and also i just feel like im being fcked with, im not sure what the best way to handle it is but as i get more and more used to im starting to think its flattering

Last edited:

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know where the hell you live or if you expect every dude to look like a perfect Adonis for the entirety of his life but many of the dudes I know who are married still are in great shape. a few fell apart but their wives were nothing insane to gawk over.

some divorced dudes still look good. others not so good.

but every guy you work with looks like a slob and their wives and girlfriends are all hot?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but every guy you work with looks like a slob and their wives and girlfriends are all hot?
no theres just a lot of attractive women at my work, and then once in a while ill see them get dropped off in the morning by a bf/husband or maybe ill go by their desk and see a pic of them with their man, and a lot of times ive been really surprised. a lot of these women were dating guys i feel are really lacking the looks department or look like they have never done anything physical in their life. guys who just dont work out and dont take care of themselves. there were gorgeous women who i thought for sure had to be dating guys that looked like a pro athlete or whatever and it ended up they were just some average joe who had never hit the gym in his life etc.......

it bothers me sometimes, i think to myself damn its possible to have that without ever lifting a finger or ever bothering to look at myself in the mirror just to check if i look ok.....its like wtf

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
epic lols i cant believe i forgot about this btw, i went to dinner last night with one of my uncles who i hadnt seen for like 10 years. he is in his 70s and he had his 40 year old attractive Japanese gf with him!! muscles........my uncle looks like saddam husseins shriveled up little brother, i love the guy but looks he does not have but you know what he does have plenty of......$$$

Phizzeek

Banned
Reaction score
No, you won't "get more girls around you", at least ime. If you are in social circles with a lot of women, you will have women around you. If not, you won't. Life doesn't work like a video game where you send your @ss to the gym and then girls start appearing out of nowhere and putting in the work for you, and girls don't have a shortage of men to select from already, you working out won't be anything special.
Yes, it will help to be more sexually appealing to women.

But it's more important to have adequate conversation skills, a social circle, things going for you, and not be a pushover. Don't expect girls to start jumping out of third-story windows just to get to you after you've put on 20 pounds of muscle.
epic lols i cant believe i forgot about this btw, i went to dinner last night with one of my uncles who i hadnt seen for like 10 years. he is in his 70s and he had his 40 year old attractive Japanese gf with him!! muscles........my uncle looks like saddam husseins shriveled up little brother, i love the guy but looks he does not have but you know what he does have plenty of......$$$
If I go to the gym and gain muscle do you think it would help with women brah? I'm pretty skinny af at 5'7" 125lbs right now. Do you think it affects "game" when you're "jacked"?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I go to the gym and gain muscle do you think it would help with women brah? I'm pretty skinny af at 5'7" 125lbs right now. Do you think it affects "game" when you're "jacked"?
yes it can only help, but do it to have a fun activity/hobby to do after work and to stay healthy and slow the aging process

btw what do you mean by jacked? do you mean looking steroided? cause you dont have to be that big or take steroids to have women notice you, just look in good shape naturally is enough

Phizzeek

Banned
Reaction score
yes it can only help, but do it to have a fun activity/hobby to do after work and to stay healthy and slow the aging process

btw what do you mean by jacked? do you mean looking steroided? cause you dont have to be that big or take steroids to have women notice you, just look in good shape naturally is enough
Nah I mean I've heard lots of ppl say I'd look good at around 160lbs at like 10%bf. That's what I was wondering if it would help with attracting women and that sort of stuff. Because I've been told I'm lean already and to focus on bulking but I also wanna stay lean. I'm trying to get better with "game", flirting and building relationships with women. I was curious if being built makes it somewhat easier since they're already physically into you.

Last edited: