Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do I really need to wear Retainers?

Nino-Tk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I have had braces for 5 years (removed them today), I am 18 by the way. They were put on to correct my underbite, but to be honest it was a waste of time and money.
Reason being, I just read that I needed to do some kinda jaw surgery but anyway they have helped abit.
However, my dentist told me I need to wear retainers, I was like "WTF"( in my mind ofcourse). My teeth were perfectly straight before treatment began, I just had braces to fix the underbite not crooked teeth.
Im kinda skeptic as I think He just wants more moolah, because if my teeth were straight naturally, what will cause them to shift?
I understand that when you have buckteeth and you get it fixed with braces you need to wear retainers to RETAIN the perfect smile you have now. But its different in my case cause the braces didnt really do ****!
What do yall think?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a forum about improving your game with women is NOT the place for getting medical advice.

Your dentist spent several years of his life going to school. Studying for tests, stressing over exams, finally getting his degree and subsequent position. And also thousands of dollars worth of tuition. And you're an 18 year old kid.

This is a no brainer.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to another dentist and ask for his opinion on the matter.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem, 5 years' worth of braces and a little minor surgery on the way. When I was finally done the dentist said I should wear this retainer at night, "for the foreseeable future", until the underbite problem is fixed. Needless to say I don't sleep with a retainer and the problem is not fixed. But it doesn't affect any part of my life negatively, it just doesn't look as nice. Maybe you're in the same situation and the underbite isn't bad enough to cause problems? Ask a second opinion from another dentist, if it's minor and the retainer is just for aesthetic reasons you might not have to worry about it.