Do girls spend all their money on clothes and purses?

Reaction score
Last night, I was talking to a group of girls in a bar. Somehow I brought up her purse and she told me that it was a Versace and cost $1200. That's just her purse...I wonder what the rest of her outfit and jewelery was worth.

This kind of blew my mind. Why would anyone spend that much on a purse? Besides my car, I don't think I own anything which is worth over even $400.
I have a middle-class salary (about 50k/yr.) I guess I could afford expensive clothes and such, but I don't want to spend all of my money and be broke or in debt.

I guess it's possible that she could be a job with a much higher salary than mine. I really didn't see her as that type, though.

Is it that her family is rich? Does she have huge credit card bills? Does she make her boyfriends buy her stuff? Sugardaddy?

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
It really is ridiculous how much money girls spend on clothes, shoes, etc. My ex girlfriend owns a pair of denim shorts that cost her $165. It's really absurd.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't earn more money than you. If she has more to spend, it's because she has more people throwing it at her, these women live in fvcking fairytaleland.

You should be skeptical of anything women say regarding money. They love to get together at these purse parties where they sell knockoffs out of the back of a truck, then go to a bar and pretend to be paris hilton.

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my ex actually does have money. Her dad owns an oil/gas exploration and production company. They're not exactly living in poverty.

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
an ex roomate of mine used to rent, RENT purses. Meanwhile collections agents were knocking on our door.

find most woman have little regard toward money

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women care about money, so they care about things that represent money.

I bought an Audi 6 months ago, and I literally haven't had a woman step into my car without mentioning it. Then they follow it with "Are You rich? Where does your money come from? How much do you make?"

Women f'n love money but one thing they like more is buying things that represent money and status like clothes and purses.

Reaction score
I wanted to add to that I believe there's nothing wrong with having and enjoying nice things.

So there's nothing wrong about her having a $1200 purse. I just wonder if she is in a position where she can really afford it. Or if she spends every dollar she makes and goes into debt in order to buy that stuff...Or if she expects the men she has in her life to get them for her.

Funlol

Don Juan
Reaction score
The average girl I see walking down the street in Manhattan must have over $5000 of clothing on her body.

Where do they get the money? Either from their dads or boyfriends/husbands... if they aren't that lucky, they are in debt up to their eye balls

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the adult women population are smart shoppers. A classic designed handbag/purse may cost more, but it will last you a lifetime and not go out of fashion, in addition to that, if you are blessed with a decent figure you can pick up designer clothes at really good rates in the sales, particulalry in certain sizes.

I think most people get in trouble with their spending at least once in their life, its important to learn from it and make sure you dont make that mistake again. I have learnt my lesson the hard way. Now I spend a third of my salary on running the home, a quarter in investments for when i hit retirement age, and the rest of the money is for things like going out, etc, and whats left in excess is left in excess.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup it's ridiculous how much women will spend on clothing and accessories etc. And it's not only the rich ones. Even ones that are middle class will spend a fvcking fortune. Most chicks really have no sense when it comes to money management. As we always discuss on these forums, for women logic is often irrelevant. Their decisions are based on how things make them feel.

When the average guy sees something he likes but is very expensive, he'll think to himself, "damn this is really nice, but fvck it's too expensive."

A chick? "Ooooh! It's so awesome! I have to have it!! Here put it on this card....wait no....put it on this one....or is it this one?"

Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid chumps out there that are willing to bankroll these women's expensive tastes for chic restaurants, handbags, shoes, cell phones etc.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or she might do like I do: Consignment Shops and Goodwill. All that "Fashionable" clothing is only good for a season, then they have to dump it to make room for the NEW stuff coming out. I picked up a pair of Ferragamo shoes for $25, and a Ralph Lauren suit (blazer & skirt) for $35. I got $500 dollars worth of clothes for $60 bucks.:up:

Things like Louis Vitton, Chanel & Versace get snatched up very fast...unless you bribe one of the sales ladies to hide it and call you to come get it.:cool:

Otherwise...she's in debt up to her collegen plumped lips!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The average man may not spend a lot of money on clothes or accessories but we have our own toys that aren't really needed

$2,000 tv's
$500 sound systems
$300 video game systems
$1,500 computers
Other electronics
and don't forget $50k plus cars

Also high quality sports equipment golf clubs, bats, surf boards etc can get very expensive.

In the end I think it equals out.