Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do girls get excited about getting men around valentines day?

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They do.. They have far less independence than we do. They take it personal when the public says this is the day for lovers, and they don't have one. They don't want to look bad by not having a date on V day.

Last year, I started to see someone in December. Soon into this.. an issue comes up, they always do. I emailed her, and said I've noticed xyz. She emailed back with.. OK, let's just stop things here. I emailed back and said, she's not even discussing this with me, how's this OK? Fine.. whatever, I let it go. I don't want a gal that is indifferent to my side.

V-day comes around, I get a phone call from .. guess who. I did not answer it that day. I'd just be speaking to loneliness, not someone that wants time with me. There was a little more time with this gal after, but not much; I was turned off. Will skip details, but you get the point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed over the years that women are more on "the catch" after New Years. They tend to break up with ex's as a resolution and are anxious to have a new guy by Valentine's Day. However as usual, beware of being the "rebound guy." :nono:

Cancerian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I've noticed over the years that women are more on "the catch" after New Years. They tend to break up with ex's as a resolution and are anxious to have a new guy by Valentine's Day. However as usual, beware of being the "rebound guy." :nono:
Sounds like a bunch of shallow women, to me.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think they get excited, but they care more about valentines day then some want you to believe. I think for them, not having a date or a guy on valentines day is really shamefull:).. They care more about those commercial bullshyt then you know. Just go to a bar near on valentines day if you aren't doing nothing.. You'll see some sad group of ladies :)

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and???... :p
Please publish your studies statistics. How many women exactly were involved in your New Years to Valentines day survey. I want to see the GRAPHS and research followed by a nice powerpoint. :kick:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
Please publish your studies statistics. How many women exactly were involved in your New Years to Valentines day survey. I want to see the GRAPHS and research followed by a nice powerpoint. :kick:
You mean I have to make a spreadsheet? I thought someone else was the forum's resident Excel jockey.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Raikojo17 said:
so, they get excited. but would they think of u as AFC if u try and it them wit all that valentines love stuff and u just met them?
Not a good thing to give gifts to a person you just met. If you must do something, text them with a plain old "Happy V-Day," nothing more. It's like meeting someone and finding out it's their birthday. Are you going to give them a present or will you just wish them a happy birthday?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cancerian said:
Shallow women are to be cast aside.
What??? Are you saying that guys should qualify women instead of going after any woman just because she gives him a little attention (perhaps because she thinks he has money)? :eek:

Cancerian

Don Juan
Reaction score
What??? Are you saying that guys should qualify women instead of going after any woman just because she gives him a little attention (perhaps because she thinks he has money)? :eek:
It is up to each man to do as he wishes. But I myself have very little time or patience for the games of a shallow woman. That is not to say that I wouldn't have fun with them (temporarily), but they would be good only as a FB or social proof (if they are attractive). Once their shallowness becomes too apparent, they should be cast aside for the benefit of oneself. I think only an AFC would let it get to the point where she left him for someone else. A DJ would see the writing on the wall and pre-emptively dump her.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cancerian said:
It is up to each man to do as he wishes. But I myself have very little time or patience for the games of a shallow woman. That is not to say that I wouldn't have fun with them (temporarily), but they would be good only as a FB or social proof (if they are attractive). Once their shallowness becomes too apparent, they should be cast aside for the benefit of oneself. I think only an AFC would let it get to the point where she left him for someone else. A DJ would see the writing on the wall and pre-emptively dump her.
Seems simple, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the times of year of heightened interest are Christmas, Valentine's Day and the Spring for some reason - that's when women are more sensitive to being lonely or not with someone.

Heck, I'm thinking of putting a profile pic on with me holding a rose with a whitty smile, and putting some snappy profile on by next month - as the right guy who has been waiting in the background - who cares about a rebound guy - it's the connection that counts.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the holidays are even more desperation-inducing for women than Valentine's Day. At least on Valentine's Day they can stay home and watch a movie... but for XMas work parties and family things your single-ness is right out there in the open.