Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do American women cook anymore?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SexxiKing777 said:
also, like other posters have said, a lot of the greatest cooks I know are men. It's always been this way. so maybe cooking isn't just some womanly thing after all
That's because cooking is all logic. If a woman put in however much of each ingredient she felt was required, it's gonna taste like 5hit.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No they aren't. And men can't FIX anything anymore...other than nerds fixing their computers and gear heads fixing cars. But they are niches and no the rule.

Why? Boys and their fathers and girls and their mothers. No relationships between the two anymore, at least not like it used to be. That's where I learned to fix things and cook but most don't have what I found.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Women don't cook because they don't HAVE TO cook, these days. Unfortunately for some of you, the days of "go get me a sammich, biotch!" days are gone. :p
This is the type of attitude that modern feminists has brainwashed girls with. This "chip on their shoulder" that girls have, how they were abused by men in the past, ordered around in a way such as: 'Go get me some food, girl.' And now girls need to *fight* back. It is a subtle attitude yet it pops again and again, like in that post.

That's why I stay clear of girls raised in the American culture, though there are exceptions to the rule.

In the past, girls cooked because that was how the labor was divided. Men would agree to do the hard manual labor around the house and girls would cook. That was just how it was.

Now girls don't want to cook, fine that is their prerogrative. So what are girls going to offer a man then?

Though in the end, it is guys that are the root of the problem. Again, guys are so desperate for sex, this causes girls to overvalue their body. So many girls think: 'Oh I am spreading my legs, that is my contribution to the marriage. I don't really need to do other things.'

Again, us men created this mess ourselves.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
That's because cooking is all logic. If a woman put in however much of each ingredient she felt was required, it's gonna taste like 5hit.

Ultimately cooking is applied chemistry.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the type of attitude that modern feminists has brainwashed girls with. This "chip on their shoulder" that girls have, how they were abused by men in the past, ordered around in a way such as: 'Go get me some food, girl.' And now girls need to *fight* back. It is a subtle attitude yet it pops again and again, like in that post.
That's why I stay clear of girls raised in the American culture, though there are exceptions to the rule.
In the past, girls cooked because that was how the labor was divided. Men would agree to do the hard manual labor around the house and girls would cook. That was just how it was.
Now girls don't want to cook, fine that is their prerogrative. So what are girls going to offer a man then?
- I can easily spot a woman with that attitude, they actually take pride in it.
- That never comes into question when you read a "where are all the good man?" article or view a youtube vid of a woman talkin down an entire gender because she can't get a date.

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:

Though in the end, it is guys that are the root of the problem. Again, guys are so desperate for sex, this causes girls to overvalue their body. So many girls think: 'Oh I am spreading my legs, that is my contribution to the marriage. I don't really need to do other things.'

Again, us men created this mess ourselves.
This I agree with. I think the Media nowadays makes it sound so negative to be feminine. Granted, It would be naive to think that their is no gender discrimination because there is tons of discrimination. it seem a lot of guys also have a chip on their shoulder too. They expect their girl to be all they can be, but aren't sh1t themselves. Just being ****y/funny or good looking isn't enough. what do they offer themselves?

But labor was divided waaay back in the stone age for a reason. No one Job was more important than the other, yet the media makes it seem like house keeping/ child raising is not important.

Now if a chick don't wanna cook than she doesn't have to. I would expect no girl of mine to have to know how to cook. That part doesn't even become relevant until marriage anyway. But if we did get married, then she would have to be doing something. Just sex won't cut it.

I think the important thing is balance over gender stereotyped duties. Both parties should contribute to the relationship and take care of things. We as men can sit here whining about women not doing things when a majority of guys don't do sh1t either. I myself don't know the first thing about fixing anything ( a Male duty if I'm not mistaken).

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MeteorMash said:
I think the important thing is balance over gender stereotyped duties. Both parties should contribute to the relationship and take care of things. We as men can sit here whining about women not doing things when a majority of guys don't do sh1t either. I myself don't know the first thing about fixing anything ( a Male duty if I'm not mistaken).
I can fix anything that's made in such a way that it can be fixed, and I can earn enough for our household. I have certain expectations about her holding up her end.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MeteorMash said:
Now if a chick don't wanna cook than she doesn't have to. I would expect no girl of mine to have to know how to cook. That part doesn't even become relevant until marriage anyway. But if we did get married, then she would have to be doing something. Just sex won't cut it.
A woman doesn't suddenly become good at, or willing to do, cooking & other household duties after the wedding day.

Can't make a sex toy a housewife, I'm afraid.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, the amount of vitriol in this thread thrown at feminism and at the abolishing of gender roles is pretty funny.

The reality is that women don't cook anymore because they aren't taught to from their parents, along with their increasing independence. It's about as necessary today for a woman to learn to cook as it is for a man to.

Who cares about this, anyways? If you can't cook then you're an idiot (which I guess would explain why you're so upset over this).

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
The reality is that women don't cook anymore because they aren't taught to from their parents, along with their increasing independence....
You meant, increasing dependence on takeaways, processed foods and restaurants?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You meant, increasing dependence on takeaways, processed foods and restaurants?
Well yes, definitely. The increase in independence has meant that there has been nobody at home to prepare meals, and so nowadays many people get their meals on the go or get take away even when they are at home because they simply don't have time or knowledge to prepare food. But this certainly isn't restricted to women; it is just a development of the times.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
It's about as necessary today for a woman to learn to cook as it is for a man to.

Who cares about this, anyways?

I do. I won't consider an LTR with a woman who isn't interested in cooking and taking care of other home making tasks. A typical American woman is really only "good for one thing", which is also coincidentally partially why (IMO) so many men see no point in marriage now.

If I have to continue to hire a maid, and I'm getting sex already, what does getting married do for me?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do. I won't consider an LTR with a woman who isn't interested in cooking and taking care of other home making tasks. A typical American woman is really only "good for one thing", which is also coincidentally partially why (IMO) so many men see no point in marriage now.

If I have to continue to hire a maid, and I'm getting sex already, what does getting married do for me?
Exactly. That's the point; marriage is a dinosaur institution. The only reason to do it is for financial reasons.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
The only reason to do it is for financial reasons.
I disagree completely, but I will say that marriage to an American or western woman is almost surely a mistake. At some point when a man grows up he often wants a family and kids, and a stable marriage measurably the best situation for getting that.

Financial reasoning is almost completely against marriage.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl does not learn to cook and take care of a man she is useless. Just a fact. She can practice with her father or other male relatives. Now, if you have this attitude and plan on staying in America you are better off just being asexual. Nothing wrong with that. That is the way I am while in America. If you guys knew what you could get in some parts of the world you would be asexual in America/UK as well. I promise you that.

BTW, I can't cook. Never have and never will. Men should be served. If you don't like that idea stay in America with a fat middle-aged woman with capri pants and flip-flops. She can talk about sex with her old bf's and you can help change the diapers of your ugly children. Sounds like hell to me. Yet, you see hundreds of such couples every single day in America. Your choice.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
If a girl does not learn to cook and take care of a man she is useless. Just a fact.
Agreed.

BigJimbo said:
.... if you have this attitude and plan on staying in America you are better off just being asexual.
Eh, you can still go get some tail, but the idea of "dating" is disgusting.

BigJimbo said:
If you guys knew what you could get in some parts of the world you would be asexual in America/UK as well. I promise you that.
Ya I know, I've been around and after I visited a few places the 2nd or 3rd time I basically couldn't stand the idea of most American woman. If they have a manageable attitude (none of them have a good attitude) they're old hogs, and if they're decent looking they have an attitude that I can't tolerate.

My current GF was born and essentially raised in a foreign land and still has that old country attitude. It's the only way to go. I used to feel embarrassed when she'd say "It's my place to serve you" but eventually I realized it's her way of saying how much she loves and values me, and there is the implicit obligation that *I* have to take care of my role as well.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even people who can "cook" cant' really cook.

you know why america is fat? Because 99% of america thinks you have to choose between eating lasuana or eating rice cakes.

america is fat becuase they don't know how to use natural herbs and spices to make very exciting meals.

the avg American doesn't know the slap yo momma goodness red snapper en papillote or how to make a good tasty meal out of lemon pepper salmon and steamed rice (I like fish by the way). Or how a good homemade strawberry banana smoothie tastes better than anything in the candy isle.

I learned how to half ass cook becuase I am very health conscious and something was gonna have to give becuase I like to eat. I got tired of trying to decide between taco bell and chicken breast and steamed brown rice.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
that's probably what it is.. yes dont' know many soul food resturants or shops down here in del mar.
But oh man is the Mexican food to phuking DIE for. Besides warm winters, the Pacific, Stone beer and Charger football, there is nothing I miss about San Diego more than the Mexican food. That is MY comfort food.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
But oh man is the Mexican food to phuking DIE for. Besides warm winters, the Pacific, Stone beer and Charger football, there is nothing I miss about San Diego more than the Mexican food. That is MY comfort food.
Being someone who prides himself on traveling and wining and dining i thought I have had good Mexican food...

until I went to Candelas for the first time

Also Santana's kills anything I've seen east of the mississippi as far as fast food goes for mexican food.