Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do American women cook anymore?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sweet potato pie is really easy.
pie crust is really easy.

i use a better homes and gardens recipe for pie crust.
i use that same pie crust in apple pie and chicken pot pie.
let me know if you want me to scan it in and email it to you.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
sweet potato pie is really easy.
pie crust is really easy.

i use a better homes and gardens recipe for pie crust.
i use that same pie crust in apple pie and chicken pot pie.
let me know if you want me to scan it in and email it to you.
there is sweet potato pie, and then there is sweet potato pie. my grandmothers is the latter.

the point was she cant' make it or anything else she wanted to cook, poor baby. she know she can't cook but she tries everyonce in a while she will surprise me. she can make a pretty mean mexican chicken, something i tought her how to make and one of my fav foods, and she will make it every weekend lol. I can make sweet potato pie, but i can't make my grandmom's. doesn't taste anywhere near as good.

I can make it but it tastes too storebought. my grandmom's is extremely sweet and extremely soft.

but yes sure if you will scan it pm me, i'll pass it along. i cou ld use a good non store bought sweet potatoe pie.

that is liteartly the only thing i miss about little rock. i can't run to my grandma's house and get some pie and i can't find one around town that good.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is she using real sweet potatoes or store bought?
because if she is using real ones, she might not be getting them all the way done, because the more done they are, the softer they are.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mom wasn't the best cook around. Everything was frozen or boxed or overcooked. Steak had a texture like overcooked pork chops.

My American wife cooks like a 5 star chef. She comes from a family of food snobs who always watches Food Network, owns a huge collection of cookbooks, and cooks everything with as fresh a set of ingredients as possible. She cooks Mexican, Italian, Swedish, Southern, Cajun, Southwestern, you name it.

I've cooked one or two fairly extravagant meals for her and her family, with real nice results, but I ended up damaging the oven and making the kitchen look like a hurricane hit. Oh well, all part of the fun.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
is she using real sweet potatoes or store bought?
because if she is using real ones, she might not be getting them all the way done, because the more done they are, the softer they are.

she shops at the food market so i would think they are naturally grown

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think its just young women who can't cook anymore but young men as well. I know loads of single guys who can't cook. I used to be one of them until I got into shows like Ramsay's The F Word and Anthony Bourdain. Now I'd rather cook than go out all the time.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker,

I hear ya man. My mom makes sweet potato pie that makes me want to sit down and eat it all in one sitting. As I'm sure you know the difference between sweet potato pie and sweet potato pie is that the latter is made with yams, not sweet potatoes. :)

You can find some good ones at soul food restaurants, but I'm sure such places are lacking down there where you live.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Backbreaker,

I hear ya man. My mom makes sweet potato pie that makes me want to sit down and eat it all in one sitting. As I'm sure you know the difference between sweet potato pie and sweet potato pie is that the latter is made with yams, not sweet potatoes. :)

You can find some good ones at soul food restaurants, but I'm sure such places are lacking down there where you live.
that's probably what it is.. yes dont' know many soul food resturants or shops down here in del mar.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't cook because they don't HAVE TO cook, these days. Unfortunately for some of you, the days of "go get me a sammich, biotch!" days are gone. :p

Cooking is now more of a hobby for most people. If they enjoy it, they get good at it. If they don't enjoy it, and don't have to cook due to expenses, they can pay someone else to do it for them, whether it is the poor choice of McD's or some healthy restaurant down the street.

Most people learn to cook when they have to cook. Usually due to expenses, many times because they started a family. A girl who can't cook now, will probably be a cook when she has a child or three to feed. Whether she gets any good will probably have to do with if she finds it enjoyable. And it may not even be her. Maybe the husband will be the cook in the family. Cooking is no longer a woman's JOB. It tends to fall to whoever likes it better, and they are usually better at it.

My boyfriend's father is an amazing cook, from what I keep hearing. I just really hope that my BF learns before it is too late, because he appreciates it so much.

The iqqster is a pretty damned good cook. Further fuel to the fire of the secret haterleague. My specialty is spaghetti and sausage (HOOKED UP!!!), and I grill a mean steak. An ex or two have emailed me to whine about how they literally dream about my cooking. :D

The great thing about people who can't cook is that they can learn. And once they take an interest in it, they could be really good. Cooking is no lost art.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Women don't cook because they don't HAVE TO cook, these days. Unfortunately for some of you, the days of "go get me a sammich, biotch!" days are gone. :p

Cooking is now more of a hobby for most people. If they enjoy it, they get good at it. If they don't enjoy it, and don't have to cook due to expenses, they can pay someone else to do it for them, whether it is the poor choice of McD's or some healthy restaurant down the street.

Most people learn to cook when they have to cook. Usually due to expenses, many times because they started a family. A girl who can't cook now, will probably be a cook when she has a child or three to feed. Whether she gets any good will probably have to do with if she finds it enjoyable. And it may not even be her. Maybe the husband will be the cook in the family. Cooking is no longer a woman's JOB. It tends to fall to whoever likes it better, and they are usually better at it.

My boyfriend's father is an amazing cook, from what I keep hearing. I just really hope that my BF learns before it is too late, because he appreciates it so much.

The iqqster is a pretty damned good cook. Further fuel to the fire of the secret haterleague. My specialty is spaghetti and sausage (HOOKED UP!!!), and I grill a mean steak. An ex or two have emailed me to whine about how they literally dream about my cooking. :D

The great thing about people who can't cook is that they can learn. And once they take an interest in it, they could be really good. Cooking is no lost art.
Insanity. This is the Web. It isn't just some place for feminized Americans. Go watch the video I posted. The woman right there says that the girls need to learn to cook and take care of clothing because one day they will need to for their husband. Every girl in Russian and Ukraine I know can cook and take care of a man. No matter her age. Girls as young as 10 help cook for Daddy. Different culture. Thank God.

Sorry, but not all of us will have wives in America. Many American men are leaving the USA and finding that life really is better.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me started...

My woman has all this cooking 5hit - hand mixers, spices, multiple kitchen appliances, and recipe boxes full of stuff just waiting to be discovered. She doesn't use any of it, and mostly just eats take-out. I do all the cooking, and I'd like to learn more if I had the time. I'm busy doing all the 5hit she should be doing - washing dishes, cleaning, vacuuming, etc. Then, pile on top of that all the man duties: fixing things, running errands, yard work, etc.

North American women blow, and that's about all they know how to do.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come women don't have to cook now cuz of women's lib, but men still have to mow the lawn and take out the garbage, and fix a broken shelf, and kill bugs, and all the other traditionally masculine things we have to do? So now as men we have to share the cooking and the cleaning, which i think is fine, but then we also have to take care of anythign that requires physical labor or handiwork which they will pretty much never attempt. We really aren't equal now are we.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Don't get me started...

My woman has all this cooking 5hit - hand mixers, spices, multiple kitchen appliances, and recipe boxes full of stuff just waiting to be discovered. She doesn't use any of it

North American women blow, and that's about all they know how to do.

Oh dude, you need to get out of the country and get a fresh horse. Seriously.

EDIT:

In retrospect I see this was sort of unfair. I'm assuming that "traditional wifely tasks" are as important to you as they are to me. That might not be true, and if that's the case I apologize. All I'm saying is that outside America, to some degree, and outside the westernized area of American influence to a greater degree, one can find women with more traditional ideas as to family roles. They are not mindless submissive zombies, but they are comfortable with being women and understanding their own needs as such.

They are not programmed from youth to reject and be ashamed of their natural desires and needs.

Last edited:

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
On my list of things to watch out for from woman is when the top responses to if she does this or that is "no" or "that's not my job".

A person's life would be in the sh!tter if they felt that everything they did had to be enjoyable and something they already wanted to do.
Only a damn fool would live by that Philosophy.

If one partner is left to do most of the work in the realtionship, that same person is gonna grow resentful and strike back.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phenomenal One said:
On my list of things to watch out for from woman is when the top responses to if she does this or that is "no" or "that's not my job".

A person's life would be in the sh!tter if they felt that everything they did had to be enjoyable and something they already wanted to do.
Only a damn fool would live by that Philosophy.

If one partner is left to do most of the work in the realtionship, that same person is gonna grow resentful and strike back.

Well said, being an adult means u have to do things you dont wanna do soemtimes. I find my girl only cooks things that r totally delicious, which ok u might say thats a good thing and yes it is, but it also means its unhealthjy alot of the time, and she goes to the store and spends a ton of money eveyr time she cooks, rather than use what we already have in the house. I feel like im the only one who is responisble as far as using what we already have to save money and not wasting so much.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl who can't cook now, will probably be a cook when she has a child or three to feed
That's one of the biggest piles of horse5hit I've ever read. A bag of Cheesies or a box of Cheerios can go a long way. If that don't work, a couple of Pizza Pops and some pepperoni sticks will do the trick.

Ever watch some of these women raise kids? They put such little effort into raising their kids and take the easy way out. Rather than trying to teach kids proper nutrition, they just feed them whatever they want. Instead of teaching kids to clean up after themselves, the parent does it. Anything to avoid pissing off the kid and making them scream.

Today's women are the AFCs of parenthood.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had a long conversation with my mother on the phone this morning. I was asking her more about how she learned to cook so many things and she says her father cook could incredible meals as well as her mom. She has 9 brothers and sisters and she said they all know how to cook too, just from watching the parents. Growing up in the ghetto, they just knew how to take damn near anything and whip it up into a meal. Unfortunately, none of this stuff is being passed on. Sadly.

I live on the other side of the country so I can't have her easily show me stuff but I am asking her to start writing down how to make certain things. I'm having a newfound appreciation for people that know how to make varied delicious meals from scratch.

SexxiKing777

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always wanted to learn how to cook. Maybe i'll take a class lol

My Mom is not that good of a cook. She makes good things, but most of her stuff is frozen or packaged foods she opens, makes and eats. My grandma(her mom) was apparently a package cook as well.

Now her sister(my aunt) can cook really well. She made some kick ass Jambalaya last time i visited.

My dad's side is a lot different. My dad ain't that great either, but he can cook pretty good himself. His mother can own the fvckin kitchen though, she's good, but sadly not good for the waist line :(. her daughters all suck at cooking though

I think it's just a family/ personality thing. Some women are good at cooking, some aren't. I don't require a chick to be good at cooking because frankly i'd rather learn and do it myself.

Most people these days don't want to sit infront of a stove and make a decent meal, they want insta-food.

also, like other posters have said, a lot of the greatest cooks I know are men. It's always been this way. so maybe cooking isn't just some womanly thing after all