Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do AFCs really have less going for them, or just THINK they do?

Reaction score
There's an article on the internet which is I guess a fictional woman writing a letter to her fictional ex-boyfriend. Or maybe they're not fictional, who knows? Anyway I didn't post the whole article but just the part that I had a question about, which is in bold. There's the link to it below for those who want to read the whole thing.

http://karennorrisjoyner.blogspot.com/

Dear Nice Guy,

I understand how upset you were when I broke up with you. Hey, I was disappointed too. I really had high hopes for our relationship. I thought you would be different from the usual a**holes. Sure, you were less good looking, less stylish, not as cool as those other guys, but I thought, I can see beyond those surface imperfections to the great personality that supposedly lies beneath. I really tried, and I didn't want to break up with you, but you left me no choice. Then you begged me to tell you why, and I didn't, because I didn't want to be mean. But since I now see you slipping into that lame old excuse, "Women only like a**holes who treat them bad, nice guys finish last," I feel compelled to explain exactly why I had to dump you.

Here's my question about this: Do Nice Guys/AFCs typically have less to offer, less that a HB would want, than guys more successful with women? Or is it typically just a lack of confidence that women pick up on that makes them unattractive? In other words, do Nice Guys/AFCs usually have less going for them (in terms of what a HB would want), or do they just THINK they do?

Prod

Don Juan
Reaction score
BrianKozmo said:
If they think they have nothing going for them, then they don't. Strength, confidence, direction. That's what women want. A guy that has sh!t going for him will naturally not have AFC tendencies. Nice guys have nothing better to do than spend all their time thinking about one woman and trying to shower her with too much undeserved love and affection.
I'm really wary about labelling anyone who has one-itis or doesn't have game an AFC. I can think of many individuals who were otherwise powerful alpha males that had oneitis and/or let women get the best of them.

Itiswhatitis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amante Silvestre said:
It's one thing to say that a man's game will improve if he gains some confidence where he doesn't have any. It's quite another to talk about confidence as if it actually attracts women. It doesn't, believe it or not. True, confidence can get you a lot of things in life, but it doesn't make a woman's heart throb or get her panties wet just because. All it does, in so far as women are concerned here, is to keep them interested long enough to figure out what a guy really has to offer.

A woman might admire the fact that you have the confidence to walk up to her and start a conversation, but she won't automatically go out with you just because of it. She might like the idea that you're willing to walk away from her crazy antics and BS because you're not a lovesick doormat but a man with options, but she isn't going to hop in your bed just because you have a few phone numbers.

Attracting women is something entirely different, which is exactly what all guys who do well with women have to offer.

From bein here a while this site gives great info but i think also false hope....i have a fat 40 yr old cousin,not good looking, who is very popular when he's out on the town and knos everybody....he has charisma great personality,he dont have a good job,he gets anywhere from 4's to 10's....but u know what he's all over the place all day/night and knows alot of people...he's playin the odds!when im out with him he tries to get the number of just about every women we pass....many of these women give him no play,but sum will just off his great personality.

Now me,im cute lol,but laid back,dont go out much,i often have women come up and talk to me first just off looks which wont happen with my cousin,whisper about me to other women which is all great bcuz i do this part effortlessly....the hard part is my lack of charisma gets me in the friend zone alot....and ive been told "I wish u knew how to take it to the next level"...well me too....but at the end of the day i get females who care nuthin about personality and will have sex with me just cuz im good looking....

I dont believe all women are the same,sum attractive women will mess wit me just bcuz im attractive who wouldnt mess wit my cousin period...some less attractive who would mess wit my cousin wont mess wit me bcuz i dont have the personality,charisma he does....i dont know which case is more rare but the point is that u have to go out and play the odds u r bound to find sumone willing to accept your weaknesses if u r not attractive especially...just bein confident wont get u everywhere with everywomen just like bein attractive wont get u everywhere with every women....if u r not going out or just bein more social in general u will miss out...saying everywomen is the same and u just need to look confident is a heartbreaker for a guy whos tries to go out and be confident with a few women and gets no where.