DJs I Am Trying to Get in Shape. Please Help with Routine

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cutting first it is. I really don't wanna be a skinny bastard though. As in my routine, I'm following it very precisely by running 15 min everyday burning roughly 400 calories (1 mile) on the elliptical. There's like a sweat dripping off my chin and all, but I dont' really see any changes. This shouldn't really be seen as no progress because the fat I'm losing is coming off by little thin layers all over my body instead of one big chunk off my abdomen.

Anyways, I'm going gto stick with my routine...and add the squats that were suggested when I get moolah to buy a rack and barbell. Also, I believe you should push yourself to the fullest during every workout session even if you start hurting or "feeling it" and want to stop. Why? Because I hate feeling like I have "wasted days" just being able to laugh and not feeling my abs hurt or lifting my backpack and not feeling a sore. Some say soreness isn't an indicator of progress, but I just like it for some reason....dunno why.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to cut first, make sure you track your calories VERY closely. This is anal retentive, but there is no other way if you want to do it right.

Also, cardio shouldn't be seen as a measure to burn calories. What I mean is, you don't do it to burn calories during the session - you do it first thing in the morning because it jump starts your metabolism better than an ECA stack.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
The times I specified are meal times.

You should have a plan of how many grams of carbs, protein and fat you should get at each meal.

When I said have a shake at 10:00, it means make yourself a shake that you can take with you to school. Having full meals at school during breaks never worked for me, not that I've tried :p.

So NO haha don't have 6 protein shakes each day.

If you're in the States I think you should check out http://www.bodybuilding.com, I think they have really cheap prices.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot guys. I'll post my meal plan in a day or two, but school is pretty busy. 4 tests in a day wtf?

Jippii: I'm going to limit it to like 300-350 calories/meal and have 6 meals. Will that hamper my growth? I don't wanna be a small bastard. If it hampers my growth, maybe I should bulk first....to get enough nutrition and all.

Eulogy: I'm going to start running in the morning rather in the night. But if I lift I'll keep lifting at night. Please let me know if there are problems with lifting at night. Thanks

Yo I appreciate everyone's help. This has got to be the best help I've gotten from any workout thread.:)