DJ's go solo and have no friends

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find i don't get along with any of my chumpy friends.

Infact i find my chumpy friends annoying, and they bring me down, and they hurt my game. So I am distancing myself from such people.

I think it is hard finding great friends who are on the same level as you.......

apart from finding inspiration from everyone on this board who do the same thing as me...... i find everyone else in the real world to be very uninspiring.....:(

Although you become very sociable as a DJ... You probably end up having fewer true friends! .....

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is quite sad don't you think?
I think it is important to have good true friends..

the content of these boards is very powerful...and does change you as a person completely in all facets of your life....the change is so enormous... that you can't stand the company of your old friends anymore!

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what's comfortable for you, while knowing that attitudes change.

Why do you hate your old friends now? What faults of theirs come to light? Are they actively holding you back if not just not providing support? What about your good times together?

A friend in need is a friend in deed.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean and in someway im going thru the samething. They never want to do anything different, always the same sh*t. Sometimes it feels like when i tell them things i wanna do they just stare at me like im crazy, then do what they were doing. Its not like they believe in what i say or else they would try it. Only one of my friends is on the same level, while the rest are all over the place. Im still trying to figure out a way to bring something out of them. Last night i wanted to go talk to some kids they dont like but i didnt cause i know they woulda *****ed and moaned. But maybe i just shouldnt give a ****??

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't spend all your time with them then. Go do what you want to do, then when you want to get back together once in a while, hang out with them.

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear yuh. In fecat this was talked about in earlier theads, If your friends got no game or hinder yours then you need to find some the opposite. I remember I had a best friend who was what we would cal thrist (always horney and needy a big turn off for chicks) and he made no secre of it. It hurt my game so much that I would think of my self in the same light that I would be afraid to aproch girl cause of the results he gets. To make it really worse he would always be petioning me to do the same. Well things have changed now and I'm alot more DJ than he is right now. He's still my friend but I don' hang out with him as much. I hand with a diffrent gruop now, which is alot better on my self esteem. You don't have to looses them, just when your with girls or trying to pickup chicks hang with a diffrent group or stray from the a little.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not just that these friends lack some serious DJing game...

they are immature....wussies....and just don't have that inspiring flair if you know what i mean....!
god damn... i can't believe i've been hanging out with such losers...

they're way too dull for my liking.....need to find some cool exciting friends . .

Danny Zuko

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been through this guys, it aint easy. If you take a really good look at you're freinds lives they are actually probally going backwards it has already been mentioned before but the same goes for nearly all you're freinds they always want to do the same sh*t....I remember when I use to go clubbing with my old freinds in Sydney there is this one strip of street with some nice clubs, they would not venture outside this street they were so afraid of change anything new! My freinds were afraid of trying new food!! You might get lucky and some of you're freinds will try to grow with you but that is very rare.

I can't remember who said it [Pook, Fingers] but it was like my freinds were living asleep any advice I gave them anything of true substance, value that could really help them they rejected. They pretended to listen but I knew the wiser. The straw that broke the camel's back was I realised that when I started making drastic changes then go spend time with my old freinds I would immediately revert back to my old habits. I would be trying to diet for a cutting cycle and they would stuff their face with their McDonalds or I would start whinging & nagging like a total AFC I realised I had a mental association around these guys for everything negative...the great Tony Robbins once said "you are who you spend time with, be careful who you give that power to"

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you need to take some time off from your friends to get yourself straight, that's your business.

But eventually, a REAL man will BRING UP those around him who are lesser men, not be BROUGHT DOWN by them.

BRYCEicl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a leader

If you value your friends, it's your job to bring them up with you. I remember I would want to go talk to girls all the time, my friends never wanted to come because they were too scared. I would tell them to wait where they were and then go talk to hott girls, soon they saw me succede and then they jumped on the bandwagon. Now we go to the beach, talk to different people and try new things together and I'm still leading them. It feels good to bring them up with me, but of course I still keep my edge on them :p

Make a decision, leave your friends if you arn't too attatched to them. If you are, bringing them with you will require extra effort but you will feel more satisfied and you will have more loyal friends in the end.

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
If you need to take some time off from your friends to get yourself straight, that's your business.

But eventually, a REAL man will BRING UP those around him who are lesser men, not be BROUGHT DOWN by them.
Its very true that "Bad associations spoil usefull Habits". qwhy the heck do u think the bible preaches it. Why do u think in the group of guys who always hang around the corner smoking pot or loitering like they have nothing to do, do u think one of them migh be a doctor or a lawyer. Heck no, u are who u lime with, which is why police always picup everyone involved in the area when they are goingh on a drug bust. Altho they may say they're not into it now, maybee so, but theyare still influnced and shouldn't be there in the first place. Whose to say that later down in the future they migh not be temted to take a pull. The busting of all of them is gonna make for the correction of even the not guilt party and is totally nessasary.

I once had a group of friend who did nothing but play video games chase girls smoke cigrets and pot and break school, what do u think I did, I was involved with them for most of the stuff but I never taught I'd get into smoking but I did, eventually. Grades went down I had to repeat HS. Lucklily we all eventually went our seperate distances, some of us are doing well while others are hanging on the wayside. I fortunately got the oportunity to do my degree, altho it is going well, my educationall background still isn't as sound as it would have been had i not wasted all that time. Food for taught just be careful who u lime with, friendes even just as much as chicks aren't worth ruining your future over. In the next ten years who knows where you'd be and if you'll even still have anything in commcn.

-Prosper-

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I must not be fully understanding your post. Are you saying you dropped your friends because they kept interefering with your lays? How long have you been friends with these guys? I can understand not wanting to get anymore overly AFC friends, but dumping friends that you have been with for 2, 3 years or more just because they act AFC around chicks seems kind of stupid to me. Just don't go to clubs with them anymore or do your DJ'ing on your own time, and just hang out with them as you would normally do. The smell of pvssy shouldn't change your perspective so much as to get rid of your friends just because they " drag down your game ".

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Danny Zuko
If you take a really good look at you're freinds lives they are actually probally going backwards ...

I can't remember who said it [Pook, Fingers] but it was like my freinds were living asleep any advice I gave them anything of true substance, value that could really help them they rejected. They pretended to listen but I knew the wiser. The straw that broke the camel's back was I realised that when I started making drastic changes then go spend time with my old freinds I would immediately revert back to my old habits. I would be trying to diet for a cutting cycle and they would stuff their face with their McDonalds or I would start whinging & nagging like a total AFC I realised I had a mental association around these guys for everything negative...the great Tony Robbins once said "you are who you spend time with, be careful who you give that power to"
AMAZING ...but this is EXACTLY HOW i feel too

these "friends" of mine cannot grow with me that's for sure.

Danny Zuko... you give me confirmation to stay away from my loser friends... :)

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels

Think for a while about it .. you are absolutely right squirrels...
I think I am in the process of becoming a REAL man...I don't have time/energy to waste at the moment...so yes i need to take time off from my friends..

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the problem with the post lies in this sentence,

"i find everyone else in the real world to be very uninspiring"

It seems your spending too much time on the "INTERNET" world and not in the real world.

You do realize most people online and on this site exaggerate what they do and who they are. Thats just the way it is.

So dont think, Hey all these internet friends are great and my real friends suck. Because in all honesty, most of your "internet" friends aren't really your friends at all. IN fact, you probably dont have a clue who they really are and they dont have a clue who you really are.

But back to one main point.

If you've been friends with these guys for years and years, where is the problem?

Maybe your the one too stuck on getting laid all the time and not living life. Maybe your friends aren't good at getting girls or maybe your exaggerating how good you really are.

I've had many friends over the years and you know some of my closest friends aren't always the ones who are exactly like me.

Who wants that. You dont learn anything and you'll never have a real conversation with somebody who is exactly like you.

Yeah you can share common interests, but everybody is different. You might be great at picking up chics but your friend might be great at something else.

As the saying goes, don't ditch a true friend because of a girl or girls.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
very well said elvis....
you are absolutely right in finding a right balance...

also you have alerted me to the exaggeration that is natural and part of this board.....so maybe I am being harsh on judging people and potential friends

again i note the importance in finding a balance with friends...

But there is no need to compromise for a friend

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chicksrock
I find i don't get along with any of my chumpy friends.

Infact i find my chumpy friends annoying, and they bring me down, and they hurt my game. So I am distancing myself from such people.

I think it is hard finding great friends who are on the same level as you.......

apart from finding inspiration from everyone on this board who do the same thing as me...... i find everyone else in the real world to be very uninspiring.....:(

Although you become very sociable as a DJ... You probably end up having fewer true friends! .....
I view things little differently. Friends are not there for PU with you. If he does .. thats great .. but if not .. you should not view that as a problem and keeping distance from these people. Be friends with them .. when you see these guys .. do not expect PU with these guys .. nor force them .. just chill with them .. Work with people .. not avoid (never burn bridge) .. Thats my 2cents

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes SealTeamMix....point taken...
I won't burn bridges...
I won't hangout as much with these friends anymore thats all......
and make sure the bridge is still there!
thanks for your advice dude

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seraph
I must not be fully understanding your post. Are you saying you dropped your friends because they kept interefering with your lays? How long have you been friends with these guys? I can understand not wanting to get anymore overly AFC friends, but dumping friends that you have been with for 2, 3 years or more just because they act AFC around chicks seems kind of stupid to me. Just don't go to clubs with them anymore or do your DJ'ing on your own time, and just hang out with them as you would normally do. The smell of pvssy shouldn't change your perspective so much as to get rid of your friends just because they " drag down your game ".
I don't know if your talkin bout me here, but in my case I didn't dump my friends in fact we still talk, but we just drifted appart. What i'm saying is that's friends come and go and life is full of people and options, U will always make new friends. Almost evry week I make new ones.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"U will always make new friends. Almost evry week I make new ones."

This statement makes sense because your only 21.

Yeah there are plenty of friends you make over the years. But most of those friends are more like acquaintances rather then friends.

If these guys are good close friends, why throw that all away for some quick one night stand?

And the older you get, the less true "friends" you'll make.

Careers get involved because as you get older, you'll meet more people from work then at some club or at college.

And believe me, when a position opens up for more money and higher ranking, it sometimes comes down to You and YOUR SO CALLED FRIEND.

And plenty of "friendships" have ended over that. Especially when you or he becomes the others boss.

YOu'll have friends because of your kids. But if your kid becomes the starting QB or Pitcher or gets the lead in a play while the other "friend's" kid does not, friendships end.

When your young, everybody is your friend.

As you get older you become wiser and start to look at people a lot differently. Yeah you might make new friends, but as the saying goes from the movie and stephen king book,

"I never had friends like the friends I had when i was 10 years old."

Good true friends are very hard to find and when you have them, you'd be an idiot to throw them away for some chic.