DJ with no guy friends?

Ultra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the deal, I am going back to college for my final year and greatly looking forward to meeting lots of girls and having a good time.

The thing is, all my friends have graduated, and I've moved to a different part of the city, so I'm going to be by myself out there. Which is FINE. In actuality, I don't want any guy friends. I'd just like to date/study/train.

Is it normal and acceptable for a guy to not have guy friends at college or would the girls think this is weird/turnoff?

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly .. yeah .. i would say so..

I am very indepent person. So I felt that I do not need anyone to do anything i wanted to do. But having guy friend whom you can hang out with WILL make you easier in terms of DJing.

1. Social Proof. Some DJs say you do not need it .. but I rather have it. I feel lot better when im out with my buddy. Also, you can talk about your DJing .. You cannot just walk up to some stranger and tell em about ur DJing life .. Also, your guy friend can introduce to his friends and his her friends .. etc. Having group of male female buddies are all +.

more friends => more social proof => better feeling => better chance of getting girls.

2. When girls ask you .. hey .. I'll bring my girls friends out .. wanna bring your boys and party? Well .. this happened to me .. and that time i really did not have 'cool friend' .. It was difficult situation ..

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm... i guess it is what you make of it ...

you CAN make it with no guy friends as well .. depends on the person

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ZERO guy friends, its been that way for almost three years I think. I really don't like it, but the thing is I don't "click" with most guys very well, I mean I always make tons of aquaintances (SP?) but no actual friends. I usually get a long much better with women, mostly b/c I like to flirt and I can do that with them..... i'm 19 and most guys my age either get on my damn nerves b/c they are all either trying to act all tough & macho, or are complete geeks... can't find any middle ground so I just do my own thing.
It gets boring though, I engulf myself in my school work and hobbies but it's still always nice to have a group of friends you can be with, it also makes you a lot more voulnerable to oneitis if you have no guy friends to tough it out with, but if your good enough you can do fine without.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
having no friends sucks. but you can go without em really. but friends are great, i just love going to the bar/club with my homeis and having a good time its lot easier to pick up chicks. then by going in alone and looking like a loner.

NoBull

Don Juan
Reaction score
To be a man, you need to hang out with men.

You get in a fight with 4 people, whose gonna stand up for you? your girls? you know sh!t happens...

There are millions of reasons why you'd need male friends, they can do everything you want in life, except for 1 thing, and that thing you get from a female.

*edited*

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres nothing like going out with the guys and getting hammered, laughing until you cry, and make a huge ass out of yourself [if you sorta find that stuff enjoyable]

You'll become more male, you'll get more competative and testosterone-full and basically, as was said, if you get in the ****, they'll back you up!

I would have died on two occasions without my core group of guy mates... nuff said :D

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NoBull
To be a man, you need to hang out with men.

You get in a fight with 4 people, whose gonna stand up for you? your girls? you know sh!t happens...

There are millions of reasons why you'd need male friends, they can do everything you want in life, except for 1 thing, and that thing you get from a female.

*edited*
A true man doesn't need people to back him up in any situation. To me there is nothing funnier than a guy who all of a sudden becomes a tough guy when he is around his boys. That's why guys for the most part get into fights when they are with friends. They're showing off. If you're all by yourself and 4 guys want to fight you, most likely you did something wrong and deserve to get your ass kicked.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score

You get in a fight with 4 people, whose gonna stand up for you?
What about if I have friends (male), but I couldn't say that for them? like they'd just leave or stand aside and watch?
(haven't gotten in conflicts like that up to now, but that'd be my best guess).

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Caesar20
What about if I have friends (male), but I couldn't say that for them? like they'd just leave or stand aside and watch?
(haven't gotten in conflicts like that up to now, but that'd be my best guess).
They're not your friends.

Believe it or not, finding good male friends is a lot harder than finding a girlfriend or even a date.

Usually a good male friend would be someone that is in the same life situations you are...similar backgrounds...similar likes/dislikes..

The reason why it's hard is because males are competiting with each other - the ones that are your so-called friends who do not "share." or if they act aloof around you are not your friends and would likely be the first ones to backstab.

be the first to open up, if they don't open up.. they got probs -- find new friends.

NoBull

Don Juan
Reaction score
A true man doesn't need people to back him up in any situation. To me there is nothing funnier than a guy who all of a sudden becomes a tough guy when he is around his boys. That's why guys for the most part get into fights when they are with friends. They're showing off. If you're all by yourself and 4 guys want to fight you, most likely you did something wrong and deserve to get your ass kicked.
I don't know where you're from, but some folks here just walk around looking for trouble. You can be a victim of a group that didn't like your shoes, or playa-haters, but that's not the point, the point is, sh!t happens, and what will you do when it does?

That statement you made, "A true man doesn't need people to back him up in any situation." seems wise, but what are you really getting at?
Now fighting was just one example I mentioned, there are lots of other examples.

You know you should never ask for advice about women from women. You need PUA/Players/Don Juans around you to critique your game, to better your game.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork

Believe it or not, finding good male friends is a lot harder than finding a girlfriend or even a date.

Usually a good male friend would be someone that is in the same life situations you are...similar backgrounds...similar likes/dislikes..

The reason why it's hard is because males are competiting with each other - the ones that are your so-called friends who do not "share." or if they act aloof around you are not your friends and would likely be the first ones to backstab.

be the first to open up, if they don't open up.. they got probs -- find new friends.
Thats so damn true that I need to second that in everyway. Good post.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know where you're from, but some folks here just walk around looking for trouble. You can be a victim of a group that didn't like your shoes, or playa-haters, but that's not the point, the point is, sh!t happens, and what will you do when it does?

That statement you made, "A true man doesn't need people to back him up in any situation." seems wise, but what are you really getting at?
Now fighting was just one example I mentioned, there are lots of other examples.

You know you should never ask for advice about women from women. You need PUA/Players/Don Juans around you to critique your game, to better your game.
I'm just speaking from my experience. I go out alone all the time and never have trouble with any guys. Every time there is trouble with two guys they always have there friends there because like I said before alot of guys become hardasses when they are with their friends. The bouncers seem to break it up almost immediately. Besides the friends I have couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good advice DJ_Dork

Originally posted by DJ_Dork

Good advice because this happened to me. I had about 7 male friends that I had to drop because they started pissing me off. The straw that broke the camels back was when the one person came and wanted to fight me. I punched and the "friends" came over to help the other kid and ran me from there table. :mad: . I have not really got along with them that well, even though we still do hang out everyonce and awhile.

I always hear about how much backstabbing goes on with girls but I believe that men do just as much backstabbing as women if not more.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man see this is why I just do my own thing..... what the hell is up with all this fighting and backstabbing???? Ive never in my life seen anyone get in a fight in real life, and it's not like i'm in the richest neighborhood or anything but damn I always hear about things like this and i"m like, what kind of people are you guys hanging out with??? There's really no reason for two civilized people to end up in a fight if you ask me.

BRYCEicl

Don Juan
Reaction score
heeeeells yes

It is very acceptable. Sometimes we as men must take our own path, alone and accomplish our passion. So then you will eat, sleep, study, have sex with hot women, and train. Doing this without guy friends will make you more attractive because women will see your independence.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: heeeeells yes

Originally posted by BRYCEicl
Doing this without guy friends will make you more attractive because women will see your independence.
I agree. I think it shows confidence if you go out alone.

afc_007

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you counter the "so what are you doing out by yourself?" questions?

billybob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: heeeeells yes

Originally posted by BRYCEicl
Doing this without guy friends will make you more attractive because women will see your independence.
I disagree. Being independent and not having guy friends are two separate, and totally different things. One is attractive, one is not. I shouldn't have to tell you which is which.