Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ with Braces?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and the confidence u get is amazing when your smile is saying HOLLYWOOD!

dingo23

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit that after I got my braces I notice a lot less attention from chicks.. Damnit it sucks so much! I've had them for about 10months, I still have another 14 months left. ARGHH!!!

It may not be the look but purely because having braces makes you lose confidence due to the fact they make your face look like T1.

All I can say is after I take them off, WATCHOUT! :D

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...

It looks like I'll be getting braces too. Will be wearing em for 18 months and then retainers at night for 5 years after that (how gay). Anyway, I'm curious, would it mess up the whole process if I decide to take off my braces on certain days because I'm out to meet women?

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you can't take out your braces on a certain day
braces are literally glued onto your teeth, you wear them like forever until the doc decide it's time to take it off

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teeth braces are evil.

I've never had them and I never will, but I've heard things.

So many negatives:

- Expensive. I don't know what the cost is but even if it's -$1,000 (i.e. being given $1,000) it's still too much because:

- Painful

- You look terrible.

- Another unnecessary doctor in your life. I think the doctor for that is called an orthodontist, different from a dentist.

- Everything gets stuck in your teeth.

- Retainers are evil.

I don't care how crooked my teeth are, or how messed up they are. I'm not doing that. Luckily for me, my teeth are pretty good to begin with. But even if they become very crooked later when I'm older I'll just let it be,

My Dad's teeth are very crooked, but he doesn't let that bother him at all.

Hm...I hope it never happens but if I lose a tooth perhaps I should get a silver or possibly platinum (do they have those?) tooth. That can look good with the right person.

Ben

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Word, I can't take anyone with braces seriously .LOl,they're just funy looking.:p :mad:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol abbott, what a deluded innocent child.

In America, land of the "Free", great teeth are a must. You see more people with great teeth than people with messed up one's. When u see a person with bad teeth, u think "wow, he should do something about it". Trust me, ive had bad teeth for 18 months, and even though i was doing pretty good, there was always this fear of people looking down on me becuase of my teeth.

When everyone is laughing and smiling for a picture, u are gonna be the one standing there with your mouth shut, looking like a dumbass.... trust me. braces are great. Even tho the pain is a b1Tch at first, once u get over it its awesome.

shyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
braces

they make some new braces that you can take off and all. only wear at night etc. They make some that u cant really see, my cousin had them almost couldnt tell. i had braces when i was like 14 or so and hated them . im now 21 and my teeth are amazing as hell. I dont mind smiling at all, cause there perfectly striaght and gleaming white.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm innocent and deluded?

Originally posted by Oxide PART I
Lol abbott, what a deluded innocent child.
I am? How so? Because I personally don't think teeth braces are necessary?

Originally posted by Oxide PART II
In America, land of the "Free", great teeth are a must. You see more people with great teeth than people with messed up one's. When u see a person with bad teeth, u think "wow, he should do something about it".
Perhaps. Frankly, I don't think about the appearance of others' teeth. Like I said earlier, my father has crooked teeth, but it hasn't bothered him any. And I don't think he should do anything about his teeth. My teeth aren't bad and while I do have a very small and slight overbite, it's hard to notice unless you look hard (which most people don't).

I don't think about others teeth or the appearance. What's the point when it's hard to even notice in the first place? Shoes are easier to notice, and I don't even see those most of the time.

Originally posted by Oxide PART III
Trust me, ive had bad teeth for 18 months, and even though i was doing pretty good, there was always this fear of people looking down on me becuase of my teeth.
Get over it. Don't let something like that bother you. How about those people who have a big mole on their face? What can they do about it? "Bad" teeth aren't as bad.

Originally posted by Oxide PART IV
When everyone is laughing and smiling for a picture, u are gonna be the one standing there with your mouth shut, looking like a dumbass.... trust me. braces are great. Even tho the pain is a b1Tch at first, once u get over it its awesome.
Looking bad? Doubtful. Perhaps you're different, but I look better if my teeth do not show. If I show my teeth I look like a freak.

And from what I've heard about the pain, nothing is worth that. Pain like that should be avoided and reserved for disasterous accidents.

Ben

Last edited:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go and ask your dad if he would feel more confident if his smile was better....

It is aconfidence issue, but do u not agree that americans make smile quite a huge character in one's persona?

The pain lasts for a week tops, after u get braces fixed up, yes its a helluva thing, but reards are much better.

dingo23

Don Juan
Reaction score
The pain only occurs everytime u go and get your braces re-aligned. This happens once a month. The pain only hurts for a few hours and its something "you" can handle. It's just like a small headache.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have braces, you won't be able to get a gf.
It's impossible
So why try?

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
Teeth braces are evil.

I've never had them and I never will, but I've heard things.

So many negatives:

- Expensive. I don't know what the cost is but even if it's -$1,000 (i.e. being given $1,000) it's still too much because:
Try $4,000 for starting. Yo'll probly pay $5,500 all expenses include and expect $6,000 to $7,000 if you are thinking of invisalign.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVPlaya
Try $4,000 for starting. Yo'll probly pay $5,500 all expenses include and expect $6,000 to $7,000 if you are thinking of invisalign.
$7,000?? OMG! Two brace jobs ($14,000) and that's enough money for a somewhat decent car.

Ben

donjuan87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ceramic top braces, so all you see on the top that is metallic is the wire. The rest is either white or clear. Do you think this will make it not as bad as if I had metal braces? Or am I still fvcked?

Bettering myself and travelling on the road to becoming a DJ is the whole reason I got braces. Please don't tell me that by getting braces I screwed myself over.

Apollo_Jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
holy sh1t this thread breathes again...its been around since I had braces! haha- just for the record you can still get girls..I got more girls with braces than I did before I got them...your teeth are looking better now and girls will recognize you are trying to improve yourself...make it a non issue- having braces might take you down one notch on the 1-10 scale but you can definately compensate by being more alpha or at least just being a more outgoing and fun person.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
i had to wear braces twice. stage 1 was when i was like 12. stage 2 was from when i was 16-17 then i couldnt stand them anymore and i basically made the dentist take them off. my teeth did get back to the way they were, about a 1mm space between my front two teeth and a 5mm space between my right k9 and right front tooth. i was so embarrassed because all my friends had them on and they looked great afterwards. then about 2-3 months ago i discovered porcelain veneers:) there F***ing awsome. its like a thin cap that goes over the entire tooth to make them straighter and it filled in all my gaps. they last for about 15 years and they never stain. i got the whole front of my grill done, 5 veneers. i can still eat anything and my grill looks macked out! best $4000 ive ever spent.

LuvLadies

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does invisalign make you talk funny, like with a lisp or something. I've also heard of the clear braces turning yellow, is this true?

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
HAHAHAHHAHA... i can't believe brits actually defend their crooked ass grills... i thought the whole joke about brits having bad teeth was just a joke.
Where did you see the Brits your'e talking about? Austin Powers?
Its just like me saying all americans are fat...a sweeping generalisation.

Oh and spare me the ghetto-babble please. its pathetic