Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Tips Forum: Full of Tips or Full of Sh!t???

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you disregard this as a anti-Sosuave rant. Let me explain that I am for SoSuave, I see an area where the site is lacking and I'm writing to illustrate it to others. If you think this is against so SoSuave perhaps you need to read a book, or get out of your anti-adaptablity mindset.... Alright I want you to do me a favour. It is something you don't have to do for yourself much here because everything is laid out already. I want you to think about how many posts happen in DJ Tips a week...Now think about how many posts are in the DJ Bible...Now think about how long SoSuave has been open.

If you are like me, then you are noticing that a lot of the best posts were written years ago, and are in easier to understand logic.More than likely, it was by a full blown DJ and not some rAFC who is starting to see the light. It is no secret that this is more of a rebuilding stage than the dynasty era that once reigned in SoSuave so you should expect the material to be a bit stale. I am by no means saying that there are no good posts in the Tips section. However, you should approach everyone's opinion with a slight disbelief, not just because this is an online forum and you don't know who is really a DJ, but also because that is a part of life, questioning things that are new to you.

What you should do is read the DJ bible for questions and problems that arise in your life, and go to the Forums just to discuss accquired knowledge and experiences. Also check out the Archive forum, and realise IT HAS 5 PAGES WORTH OF MATERIAL. Everytime I go in there, people only talk about masturbation or come-ons they missed. It seems like everyone just disregards the Bible and comes to the forum with mundane questions. If you ever see a post called "If you learn one thing on SoSuave" then 99.9% of the time it is a sh!tty post. Think about it, if you could summarise all the things in SoSuave in one post would their be this many people on the site? Why are there 10,000's of posts if this one person summed up EVERYTHING in a post? Stop looking for a quick fix and just bare down on improvement.

I don't want you to go read the entire bible neccesarily (though I have) I would prefer you read a couple posts that sum up the basic jist of being a DJ, like from Pook, Senor Fingers, etc. Then get out in the field and as you encounter more unique problems, read some of the post pertinent to your situation. If you have time or are startin from scratch, by all means, read the entire bible like I did, but most of you want results as soon as possible, so that is the quickest proper way.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
didnt read you post but my opinion is that writing tips should only be allowed to certain members. in the last couple of weeks i can only think of disciple, A-unit, krassus and lifeforce who posted tips worth a read. probably i forgot someone who i'm not so familiar with but MOST "tips" could have been written by my little brother, sorry guys.

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I read in "Tips" is a lot more informative than the minutiae in "Discussion".

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The Bible is 90% sh!t.

Most of it is re-hashing of the same ideas over and over again, as are most of the tips in this forum. My own included sometimes. :D It's just in a format easier for ME to understand.

Romance and attraction are by definition fairly simple...we MAKE it complicated because we don't get it and we refuse to believe we could REALLY be THAT naive...but if you don't get it, you DON'T GET IT. There's very few "degrees" of DJ-itude.

Every minute, someone in this country is getting laid. People go through life getting laid and NEVER read a LICK of material about how to do it. Why should WE have to read the entire DJ Bible to figure out in a complicated way what is really pretty simple to understand?

Think SMARTER, not harder. ;)

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
The Bible is 90% sh!t.

Most of it is re-hashing of the same ideas over and over again, as are most of the tips in this forum. My own included sometimes. :D It's just in a format easier for ME to understand.

Romance and attraction are by definition fairly simple...we MAKE it complicated because we don't get it and we refuse to believe we could REALLY be THAT naive...but if you don't get it, you DON'T GET IT. There's very few "degrees" of DJ-itude.

Every minute, someone in this country is getting laid. People go through life getting laid and NEVER read a LICK of material about how to do it. Why should WE have to read the entire DJ Bible to figure out in a complicated way what is really pretty simple to understand?

Think SMARTER, not harder. ;)
The bible is a compilation of the best posts made into a section so you know it is money. Most of you cannot fathom how much sh!tty posts are circulating around here and is accepted because people don't know what the standard should be.

If the bible is 90% **** then the Forum are like 99.5%. Nothing new is said in these forums to me, and if they are GUESS WHERE THEY GO TO....The Bible has a couple posts rehashing the same CORRECT thing, while in the Forums you get a different answer depending on what time of the day it is, and how their last relationship was, one person who just agrees with you and three guys who don't read the post but liked the title and thought they'd say somethin...somebody did that in this thread too :rolleyes:

It's like I said before, new material is not coming in like it used to. The work is already done, you just have to find it (read the bible) and apply it. (get field experience)

The Dj's who come here to get one girl can simply take your "DJ-tude" squirrel, but for the people who want to really excel and try in the field, you want to actually learn stuff.

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything has been said already, and before there was a "DJ Bible" people still knew about all this stuff long before the internet even existed.

Heres the thing, no matter how many amazing posts there are out there, and no matter how many times you read the "bible" the only thing that is ever gonna get you anywhere is experience.

Worrying about how many good or bad posts there are on this website is pointless. Why does it matter? Good posts don't make good Don Juans.

You are absolutely right, most of the stuff posted on this board is crap, but you gotta understand this is a discussion forum for guys that can't get girls, what are you expecting? Why does this board have to be so great?

Mr. Mystery

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Mystery II
Everything has been said already, and before there was a "DJ Bible" people still knew about all this stuff long before the internet even existed.

Heres the thing, no matter how many amazing posts there are out there, and no matter how many times you read the "bible" the only thing that is ever gonna get you anywhere is experience.

Worrying about how many good or bad posts there are on this website is pointless. Why does it matter? Good posts don't make good Don Juans.

You are absolutely right, most of the stuff posted on this board is crap, but you gotta understand this is a discussion forum for guys that can't get girls, what are you expecting? Why does this board have to be so great?

Mr. Mystery
Im not saying "the posts all suck lets go elsewhere" Im saying most of the masses are looking to the wrong sources for information. The bible is a trusted source that can answer your question with a higher percentage than most that frequent the board. And in my response AND original post i bring up field exp.

It's like buidling a house and having a bad beginning, but going out and saying, the most important part is the roof so lets just keep going....It's gonna cave in in because there is no foundation, that is why reading is important too.

If everyone laid off the boards for a while and actually read proper information we wouldn't be in such a bad state

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hate to be a dyck, but how does this help the situation then? all this is, is bytching about how there isn't enough useful information to people out there and the useful information that there is, people are too impatient to read because they figure someone else can explain it ot them quicker.

heck my friend was the same way with SCHOOL, he felt it unneccessary to do the work and study because I COULD just tell it to him in an easy to understand way. That's just the way it is, people ask others who know it instead of taking the time themselves. I was the same way because I didn't want to use up my time when I could save it by asking someone else who knows what I'm looking for.

as for posting good things, give it time... maybe a rAFC will become a DJ and have some of the best stuff to add to this forum.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJHoolahoop
hate to be a dyck, but how does this help the situation then? all this is, is bytching about how there isn't enough useful information to people out there and the useful information that there is, people are too impatient to read because they figure someone else can explain it ot them quicker.

heck my friend was the same way with SCHOOL, he felt it unneccessary to do the work and study because I COULD just tell it to him in an easy to understand way. That's just the way it is, people ask others who know it instead of taking the time themselves. I was the same way because I didn't want to use up my time when I could save it by asking someone else who knows what I'm looking for.

as for posting good things, give it time... maybe a rAFC will become a DJ and have some of the best stuff to add to this forum.
thats just it. How can you exccel if most of the information given out is wrong?

As to your people will not listen when they can ask questions....This aint the DJ discussion forum...this is tips there guy.People do not ask questions here, they give advice

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tips are only effecitve if they're actually APPLIED

stop theorising, d.ickheads

for those of you that get out there and try it out, you have my respect

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tips are only good it they are good AND applied.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed there are fewer posts that go to the depth of some of the archived posts. Take this post from Sir_Chancealot in the DJ Bible on Advanced Sexual Techniques:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16888

It is amazing the depth Sir Chance goes to in that post. And you can tell by the contents of that post, it is likely from somebody who had a lot of experience in the field.

Maximus_Decimus

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The DJ Bible is just a bunch of geeks trying to rationalize attraction. It's really in the eye of the beholder and maleness/femaleness. I feel the latter is the best explanation in terms of attraction. It explains all the variance the best.

You just have to be yourself, but relaxed and confident. You're is good as anyone, and this is the mentality you have to take. Explore relationships and people your interested in.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone said that lately, the blind have been leading the blind. The pros have left long ago.

The bible doesn't hold the answers to your problems. It's too general. But asking on the forum will result in a bunch of contradicting advise based on people's opinions. Besides, no one knows your situation as well as you do.

The bible gave me a kick in the ass that I needed. Everything else is up to me.

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe this site really shouldn't be receiving more than a dozen or so posts a day. And perhaps 1 new thread / day. Simply because 99% of the stuff on here has been said before. Over and over again. Its like a cycle of whatevers popular at the time, if its EC or the phone call or whatever.

Click on the rating button to get the top rated threads. Thats some of the good tips. Pretty much everything else is the same tip worded differently or crap.

Juggerr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is complicated. There are different ways to get to the same place. Ergo, we get many posts that are rehashing the same thing. Have you ever tutored someone before? If they don't initially grasp the concept, you approach it in a different manner. Same as these posts. Same theme, different method.

However, I agree there is a lot of stupidity floating around here. We need to make 'read the bible' a bit more prominent. Maybe a EULA or something in the registration process. I mean the sticky regarding "READ THE DAMN BIBLE" is gone from the Discussion area. (honestly, who looks at the top right where the read the bible link is located?? ESPECIALLY if you're a first timer still afc who just got his heart handed to him) What I'm basically saying is that there should be a big fat bold link to the bible instead of the tiny thing on the upper right.

Regarding the tips, naw let the rabble post with the elite. It only makes us appreciate the good writers more. And finally, the Bible is there if you don't want to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with you, man. ASF is getting to be the same way. There aren't many new concepts or interesting discussions now that the pick-up masters have moved on with their lives. Look at the forum. No more Pook, no more Senor Fingers. Over on ASF, Style totally bailed after he wrote his book. Mystery barely ever posts and TD posts only semi-frequently.

Then again, the "Old Guard" have pretty much said everything they really needed to say. Sure, with more time, the knowledge may become more refined, but its perfectly usable as it is. Now if only guys would read it and actually try to APPLY it, then we wouldn't be seeing so many waste-of-space posts around here.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bible is ok in parts but its boring....it doesnt get things arcoss in an easy fun way....

As for the posters....If you have been here long enough and you have read alot of posts you become familiar with the names of people who post good stuff....the people who should get respect and there advice should be taken seriously.....Tbh all i ever do here is give advice because i dont need it most the time. I only ask when my own emotions are taking over and i cant think straight....even then i only listern to about 5% of the advice give....

My advice...get to know the people who offer good advice all the time then listen to them. :up: