Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dj skills = lose your mate? What to do?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Heres an interesting story for you all, let me know what your opinions are after...

Right I went out last night with some of the lads. First we went to a friends 21st at some bar. We stayed there for about an hour and then headed into town to go to a club (if ya could call it that! ;p).

When we got there i ordered a beer and walked around a bit with one of my mates. One of my other mates, who we walked down with, went off in some other direction so, after a while, we decided to look for him.

We found him eventually, sitting with this girl (hb8) and her (now ex)boyfriend. Lets call this girl MARY and my friend in question JOHN. Now, John is, in my opinion, a total AFC even though he always manages to hang round with the hottest babes (HOW!?). HEs a cool guy that ive known for about 6 years now. He has a HUGE thing for MARY - come to think of it he always manages to get hung up on one girl and tends to get a bit obsessed with them - he reminds me of me in my AFC days - a bad case.

SO John really really likes Mary and texts/sms's her every day (id reckon). HE once showed me his phone with a load of texts from her - as said before he gets a bit TOO much into girls.

ME on the other hand text MARY now and again and i always try to keep the conversation light. The first night i met MARY i pretended to propose to her so we have all this "Hows my wife today? U put out the trash?" thing going on - bit of a laugh.

Anyway the drink was flowing, and the fun was being had. JOHN decided to go home early. A while after he left he text a mate of mine saying something like: "Oh i feel bad, i feel i may have given MARY the cold shoulder by just leaving like that". This was NOT the case, i doubt she even knew he had gone such was his quietness on the night.

SO anyway i say to the lads "Are you getting up to dance guys?" and they say later but MARY says she will. So we go up dancing. We walked into the club area and they were playing slow sets. I said "Ah no, theyre playing slow sets we should probably go back" but we went up anyway. We danced (hands on hips etc) for a while and were chatting away getting on real well. Then i asked her about her boyfriend and she says "We've actually decided to finish tonight" I then asked her why and she said her bf was a bit too boring and that shes going to college in dublin - I said "oh thats a pity" and all and then i asked her about JOHN and she says "Oh hes lovely and all that (BAD SIGN!) but hes a bit too possessive". I then tried some C+F and said "Ahh, well im not boring OR possessive!" with a grin and she said "Yeah i know..."

So anyway we danced on, she got close and i ended up kissing her. During the dance she also said i should come up to dublin sometime as she has a flat up there.

We went back to the lads and at the end of the night i was heading off with a mate. She saw us getting ready to go and asked "Are you going now?" i said "Yea" and i signalled for her to text me over the week - She said yea.

HERES THE INTERESTING PART: When i got outside my mate called me over and showed me a text he had received from JOHN which read: "Tell silverwex if he tries it on with MARY ill ****ing kill him". I was shocked and really annoyed by this. This did NOT sound a bit like my mate. Hes never threatened me.

To make it worse he text me saying "U touch her and ill ****ing kill ya".

This talk only makes me more determined.

The thing is guys, i do like this girl, my mate isnt with her and she obviously doesnt like him in that way. Ive been through a few girls over the past few months but none i wanna date - this one i do wanna date tho.

What should i do? If i talk to JOHN about it hell prob end up hitting me (hes bigger than me!).

ADVICE NEEDED! :) Thanks guys.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You need to sit down and tell John:

1) "I've been your mate for longer than you've known Mary. I've been there for you. Don't EVER f---ing threaten to kill me over something stupid like a woman."

2) "I talked to her about you. She likes you, but thinks you're too damned possessive...and the way you're hanging on her nuts and making death threats to other people, I believe her."

3) "There's this website I know of...:)"

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers mate, good advice.

But do you think im right to try it on with this girl? Or even date her?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by silverwex
Cheers mate, good advice.

But do you think im right to try it on with this girl? Or even date her?
Personally, I'd walk away from this one, unless she means more to you than your friend does.

If you date her NOW, he is going to be angry. If you manage to wean him off of his possessiveness of her, and THEN go after her, he is going to think what you did was just a cheap tactic to steal her away instead of legitimate help, and he'll be even MORE angry.

To me, it just wouldn't be worth the drama if this is a CLOSE friend of yours...unless you can keep it completely on the down-low, but I think word will get out.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
How much of a friend is this guy to you if he is threatening to kill you over a girl?

I say to hell with AFC friends. Especially the ones who don't follow the "Bros before Hoes" pledge of honor. I don't think you'd be defeating this pledge by hitting that. It's not like homeboy even has a chance so if anyone's gonna tap it, may as well be you!

Or if your conscience wont leave you alone, keep her as a friend that way you have someone cool to visit in Dublin. Either way you win.

Oh, and it couldn't hurt to point "John" to this website either.

stinkyape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mates come before the girlies, obviously -

But anyone who threatens to kill you is an unstable wreck and either;

1) Is not really a mate

2) Shouldn't be a mate

Confront John and try talk some sense into him, if that doesn't work then he's probably not worth keeping around (do you really want butt-stupid friends slowing you down your whole life?).

You can probably have one of either Mary, or John - And friends (even butt-stupid AFC ones) can be better than broads...

(...Sorry about calling a friend of yours a butt-stupid AFC, by the way *blush*)

gabrielshear

Banned
Reaction score
if you r a real don juan .... then u shouldn't be attaching yourself that much to this girl!! after all u r repeating d same errors ur mate did!!!!

so .... i suggest u leave her alone!.... tell ur friend that u r absolutely not interested in her etc.

...and remember there are thousands of girls out there waiting to meet u so don't worry about this one girl! ... after all she will be gone to college for a while where she will find somewhere else.....

sheer reality!

dongabrielshear

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to clear a few things up guys:

1) When he said he'd 'kill me' he didnt actually mean he'd KILL me but maybe hit me or something.

2) I do NOT have oneitis for this girl and if it doesnt work out/happen thats fine with me.

rastlin2021

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any friend who threaten you over a girl is not a friend...

unless if she's already his gf and you go and disturb her...

I will fcuk him upside down for doing that...

Anyway, You are out to have fun, if there are too many complications involved, I rather get another girl, not as if you cannnot find another one...

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's moving to Dublin then she'll probably meet someone there.

Not really worth screwing a friendship up for a long distance fling.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
While I am not sure about the...integerity of this guy remember the CARDINAL RULE that all guys MUST FOLLOW.

BROS BEFORE HO's

Girls come and go, but your buddies there are for LIFE. Dont ever let some bltch get in the way between a solid friendship.

JR2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Answer is pretty simple!

I wouldn't say that you were that interested in her really. What you have is the kind of an explosion effect. She may be very attractive but you weren't that interested, as soon as she starts showing some interest in you you start to get more interested in her.

As you show more in interest in her she gets more interested in you and things explode quickly. Things like Kino are what make the explosion grow. It only stops when someone chooses to stop it or results in sex. The bigger the explosion gets, the longer it takes to cool down.

What you did was just over 1 night with a pretty girl, you'll be thinking about her quite a lot, but you didn't kiss or anything + the cool down should be under 2 weeks for a pretty much full cleanup.

Now, although John has no chance with this girl (and you do), it is Very disrespectful of you to attempt to go for her. He has CLEARLY explained to you that he fancies here + has done for some time. For you to go out with her you're basically stabbing him in the back.

*edit* As for his text message and it being uncharacteristic - this is him making it Even CLEARER that he doesn't want you to do that. He's threatening aggressive action should you go against him. He Doen't Want You To Do It!

Since she's going away to Dublin (where she would no doubt leave you - a long distance relationship with someone she's only just got together with wont work) you may as well let her go. She'll be out of your life. Its seriously not worth REALLY pissing off your m8 over it.

You could just tell him whats happened or even show him this forum post. From the way you've written the post you haven't gone for her, you've just let things progress + nothing really happened anyway.

So the answer: Leave her alone + stick with your m8. The only question is whether you should tell him what she said. I'd only do it if he doesn't stop thinking about her after the first week or so.

Last edited:

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hes only known her for 2-3 weeks and he has oneitis for her.

HEr being in Dublin wouldnt equal a LTR for me. Im 2 hours (max) away from dublin and anyway she'd be down every weekend. And im not wanting anything serious. If anything DID happen it'd only be casual.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
Hes only known her for 2-3 weeks and he has oneitis for her.

HEr being in Dublin wouldnt equal a LTR for me. Im 2 hours (max) away from dublin and anyway she'd be down every weekend. And im not wanting anything serious. If anything DID happen it'd only be casual.
Sounds like you might be getting a bit of oneitis too.

Don't kid yourself, she'll be 'down' every weekend right up until the point someone else starts boning her in Dublin.

So you're willing to f*ck up your friendship with John for a casual date and maybe a little sex???

Some friend you are.

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if your friend IS AFC and she ISN'T interested in him I think you should still still next her. If you're a real DJ you'll meet someone else. He's your friend and I don't think that's very DJ like to choose a woman over your friend. You knew he was into her all along and you should have just left it.

If you want to go out with her, at least talk to your friend about it. Just remember that you will probablly lose this guy as a friend, which might not seem so bad, but if this girl breaks up with you - your friends are the only thing you'll have.

It's interesting though because it seems that most people say they'd never do that to a friend, but end up doing it anyway. :p