Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ reading: "The Game" by Neil Strauss

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, this is looking more like a book review in my head than a DJ discussion but bear with me.

In short: this book kicks ass.

The story (true story) of a guy who hung out with the Gurus and learnt it all to become an incredible pick up artist. He was Mystery's wingman.

How "the game" became addictive and drove Mystery to the point of suicide, became their whole lives and drove out all other ambitions.

Hell, I'm only half way through it, so it might get even more awesome. I'm hoping for dragons sometime soon.

Okay, maybe I haven't done very good homage to it here, but it's a really well written book, period. It grips you. Every character is very human and identifiable-with (if that's a word).

Moral of the story so far: as pook and anti-dump had been going on about all that time, the focus must be on you. Live your life as you want it, and let the women come. Don't get addicted to their validation.

Go to Amazon.com and get it now. Away with you.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wary of using material from this book, because I've been reading some printed articles that women are catching onto this book when they're out at bars and clubs. So, I'm back to DHV with story telling to garner social proof. I ran into two HBs reading the book at Borders and they had shocked looks on their faces... I thought about chatting them up about the book to get their opinions, "...Sooooo.... <vacuum> reading the bible?"

A few openers that they're NOW aware of:

1) Starting off a PU with "Hey guys, can I get an opinion?"
2) "My friend wants to buy a wallaby"
3) Do you want to kiss me?
4) Jealous G/F opener
5) Who lies more...

LA is sarged out with material from "The Game" and hot models turn the other cheek if you try to neg them; especially if your a nerdy looking guy.

Great book though for watching the ultimate change of a WBAFC to mPUA or PUG. That guy hitted up every power influence in the field to become the best and become an innovator so I give him props for that. Lucky too, to have the greatest wing on this earth.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
turn the other cheek if u neg them?

negging shouldnt be a technique, it should be part of ur personality. you should be able to automatically neg if someones being a *****. how else are u supposed to (quickly) knock them off their pedestal?

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard alot about this book on this fourm but I say we shouldn't use it. The guy who wrote the book wrote it, is trying to get some money since his life is about picking up women. ( How else is he going to get money :rolleyes: ?) With femenism on our ass, I say we Dj's shouldn't use this book. Maybe once it becomes old news and not as many people are paying attention to it. :down:

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most definitely a fun read! i was under the impression that the lines and routines would be played out; but i have been using the same lines/routines numerous times and not once did any girl ever call me out on it. you have to remember that us guys who know about this stuff represent a small percentage of all that guys out there

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny things is the this book going mainstream is what forced me to realize I don't need any special techniques. I've got my own stories I can use, although I still like to borrow some good ones. I get new material out of Cosmo, from TV, and stuff that happens everyday. I can literally just walk up to women with some random opener, do a cold reading, and she's mine. If a man can live with 7s or 8s and a little rejection, that is all it takes to pull.

I would definitely not be worried about getting busted. If one out of 10 chicks knows a routine or says, "is that your opener" BIG DEAL. I'll just say yes and continue playing with her. If she turns her back to me, ****, nowdays Id probably spin her back around and look deep into her eyes. When you just don't care anymore you start to have wild success. Letting GO/Not caring/havng fun == tons of poon.

As far as NEGS go, uhhhhhhhh, almost everyone who tries to use them screws it it. They do it in a reaction seeking way and pause after they throw the neg to see her reaction, and it only makes her mad or maybe she even walks off. I've also seen guys trying to force negs into use in a way that seems weird. They will approach, a weird lull occurs, the girl gets weirded out, the guy tries to neg, it doesn't work because she's already decided he has no value and the only whole thing just seems unnatural. NEgs are not a equalizer for having no game and be a crappy conversationlist. Guys with crappy state are always looking for some magic pill.

The Kidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
what captivates readers is the fact that it is not a guide-book but rather a story with tips along the way

i read 'the game' as a e-book (pdf file), found it on the net.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Game is an awesome book. I don't use the specific routines in the book or ones from other resources for that matter. The key is understanding the logic behind the routines so you can develop your own material.

fan27

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blackdragon5095 said:
I heard alot about this book on this fourm but I say we shouldn't use it. The guy who wrote the book wrote it, is trying to get some money since his life is about picking up women. ( How else is he going to get money :rolleyes: ?) With femenism on our ass, I say we Dj's shouldn't use this book. Maybe once it becomes old news and not as many people are paying attention to it. :down:
The guy's life WAS about picking up women. He got over it. That's part of the story. It's not all about the techniques, it's a novel. A really good one.

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SeldomSeen said:
I wonder if he's in the 'Game' again since he's no longer dating Lisa.
Dont spread rumors.

He is Dating Lisa.....all that **** was false man, about her dumping him for robbie williams.