Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

Smokes

Reaction score
Just finished assignment for week #1, got some mixed results, some people smiled and replied some ignored me, but most of the time I got a smile. Awaiting for next assignment.

Sexicaan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great week fellas!

I had a couple ladies initiate conversations with me on several occasions. All it took was a genuine smile and attractive eye contact with them.

Get this. I had a girl come up and ask me if I went to the same school as her. In addition, she asked what year of college I was. I was hesitant at first, but I soon replied with "yeah I go here." She said, "are you a freshman?" Me: "No, I'm 2nd yr grad student." Her: "Oh, I'm sorry, but you look so young." I could tell this gorgeous babe felt like an idiot, because when I asked her what year she was she replied "I'm a freshman" and quickly ended the conversation. Guys, she did not look like a young'n. She seemed pretty mature. Why didn't I pursue her? Well, she left and went back with her friends...they all eventually walked off together. ....Considering all that's happen with in the last few weeks (for all that have kept up with me and my life) I just haven trouble gett'n back in the saddle. I hoping sticking with this Camp thing will get me back on top of things.

Week one was a breeze.....ya gotta get me to stick my neck out some more! BRING IT!

Later

hairybeard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, where is week 2 curriculum? I'd like to do the reading tonight so I can start on the excercises tomorrow...

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

I just came back from a long trip, and realized as I was about to post the next lesson, that the lesson was actually at my work computer, and not my home computer.

So tomorrow morning, as soon as I get to work, I'll post the new lesson, plus post replies to some posts.

Thanks,

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you"

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Finished week 1 yadayadayada...Lost count after like 25. Got good results. I don't say Hi cuz it sounds kind of gay. I'm black so I think everything is gay, so I said "hey". or "what's up" or "what's up girl". I noticed that when I smile at a girl, sometimes when they glance at me then glance away, they noticed me smiling at them, so they looked back in my direction really quick to catch my smile, usually by the time they do this, I'm already looking away.

I got a few people ignore me, when I get ignored, i say well fuak you too and look away. Anyway for the most part, I did well.

kader

Don Juan
Reaction score
i finished the assignement but i have noticed something
it's really hard to get eye contact with hot babes
do they do it on purpose?

kader

Don Juan
Reaction score

kader

Don Juan
Reaction score

Vulcan

Reaction score
week #1 over - here r the results
1. Smiled and picked up a conversation in a grocery store. Cute little mexican :)
2. Got another smile in my office, picked up conversation from there but couldnt sustain it for long. So said I have a deadline approaching and gotta finish some work :-(. Couldnt have done better with the exit method
3. Smiled at a girl at the movers and got a real nasty stare from her meatball of a bf!!!
for the rest of the time, couldnt go beyond hi and a smile. so its 2 steps forward, 1 backward....but can feel myself more and more confident.
On to the next week.....

------------------
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred
with dust and sweat and blood...and who...if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid
souls who know neither victory nor defeat
-THEODORE ROOSEVELT

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, somebody mentioned about that when doing the eye contact/smile/hi to guys, you don't wan't to be percieved as gay.

I also noticed that some guys gave me a strange look.

Do you think we should still smile at the guy before saying hi/hey/whatsup??

I have a friend who has a brillian smile whenever he sees people he know. My girl cousin later asked me whether he was gay. All of my friends also asked me whether he was gay. I wonder whether overdoing the smile part would work against you.

valikyule

Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot,

To struggling, if you're so darn good at it, why can't you do it? You say you've done it before and have no problem in doing it.

So why can't you do the 2 weeks??? It should be a breeze for you to complete this two lessons. If you're willing to change yourself, you should do it whether its too easy or hard.

DJ Red

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ran across this on Friday, so I'm running a little behind. I should be all caught up by tomorrow though.

Where I come from, it's nearly considered a capital crime not to smile and say hi to anyone you walk buy. Yeah, it was a small town. It just seems so odd for me to be living in Jersey now and having to pull teeth to get someone to even look at you. Challenge accepted.

I'll admit though, for me, it's harder when the response isn't automatic for the person I'm greeting.

One of particular note just happened today actually. I was walking out of a job interview looking like a million bucks (damn, I look good in a suit), and I saw this cutie in the stairwell on my way down. I smiled, locked eye contact, and said, "Hey there, darlin." She blushed deep red, smile, and nearly studdered hello in response. That's my ego boost for the day.

------------------
Red - DJ in the making.

Life is like dancing. Some like to swing, tango, or waltz. Some like to sit idle on the sidelines and watch. I want to be the DJ.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, we made it through the first week!!!!!!

I hope each one of you went out and had at least a couple of beers to celebrate =)

Centaur,

Hey, you might have found that you were sitting on a goldmine... keep us posted on your mining efforts

valikyule,

Keep up the great work dude.

"One problem I still have is that I noticed its so easy to fall back into a AFC. Also, I may become confident after a few hi's but can relapse easily. Everybody sounds like they have no problem staying where they are. I wonder how you guys do it? Practice more?"

Don't worry about it. The mind automatically tries to revert back to its "default" mode, which for many of us is AFC. You just have to keep pushing it until your new default mode is DJ.

Gungnir,

You made some good points in your observations! Also, if you're not yet comfortable with the eye contact and Hi exercises, then just keep with them until they become second nature.

DJ delux,

It's never too late to start. Welcome aboard.

Thrillseeker,

"As for the men in this experiment when keeping eye contact I sensed either a certain confrontation or even provocation(they would look at me in a suspicious way). I had difficulty smiling with men."

I've found that if I look men in the eyes without smiling, they'll usually take it as a provocation. But if I smile and nod my head a little, I almost always get a smile and a nod back.

Mr_Cr0w,

First of all, I want to start out by thanking you for posting your viewpoint. I think once I get into a little more detail, you'll appreciate my perspective.

I have been to the fastseduction site, and I have learned plenty from it (I am going through my second reading of the Layguide). I also have been practicing SS, and am very pleased with the results.

Where there is an apparent hurdle, is in terminology. I am using a definition of DJ and PUA that is probably different than your definition.

My definition of a DJ is someone who has mastered most aspects of his life, including women. However, women in general are only moderately important in his life - the purpose of women is to enhance his life, not to revolve around it.

This is the definition of a DJ that most of the people on this board adhere to. As such, many of the Spanish seducers whom the legend of Don Juan is based upon would not be classified as a DJ, but rather as a PUA (will get to that definition in a minute).

However, seducers like Casanova would definitely be considered a DJ. This guy accomplished so much in his life that it's just amazing. Other DJs would be Pablo Picasso, Any Warhol, Aristotle, John F Kennedy, etc.

On the other hand, the definition of a PUA is someone who has mastered the art of picking up women, but has not been able to internalize that framework into his life as a whole.

For example, I know some seducers who have mastered SS, neg hits, group theory, social proof theory, and all the rest of the fastseduction arsenal, but are not able to use those tools for other aspects of their life. In this regard, I am using these people as my definition of a PUA.

So a better way to look at the difference between DJs and PUAs is to replace these acronyms with a neutral title such as Type A Seducer and Type B Seducer. The names themselves are arbitrary.

So those people on the fastseduction site that have their entire life together, and they are happy with themselves, and are able to utilize all that they have learned in seduction in the rest of their life, are by my definition DJs.

Conversely, those people on this site who have only mastered seducing women, but don't have the rest of their lives in order, and are not working to improve their lives are by my definition PUAs.

So I hope that this has cleared up any unintended misunderstanding.

And again, I do appreciate your input.

Master of the Universe

------------------

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recruits,

I have a very special treat for you... our very own resident musician TheRockStar, has volunteered to offer suggestions of a few songs to get us into each week's lesson.

So since the first week dealt with eye contact and saying hi to strangers, here are his recommendations...

Bette Davis Eyes - Duets Soundtrack

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Blue Eyes - Elton John

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

So get downloading guys and get these songs!

Master of the Universe

------------------

RiversCuomo

Reaction score
Everywhere I go, I'm making eye contact. I'm getting smiles from girls that previously ignored me. Even young teachers (grad students) aren't out of my possible range I've decided. I'm making a conscious effort to be more ballsy when it comes to talking to women and its working out so far. Too bad schools out shortly.

Brownsugar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week one finished! alot of smiles,some looked away though. I work in a grocery store so it was not all that hard when I was at work and when I whent out by myself to pick up some eye contact and smiles!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got the eye contact down now just gotta say hi

------------------
Talk is cheap.

Imitation is the death of ones self.

Boys do what they can... men do what they want.

aim- oakraiderz2
eclipse23gst
email-cwoodson6@hotmail.com

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok last week was too much for me. I had to write 2 term papers. But I got them done. I even managed to finish the assignment from here.Positive results let me tell you.

I did notice that most people avoid eye contact pretty much most of the time. A lot of women took quick looks then looked away.

I kept a loose total for the week it came out to about 60 people. I had conversations over 2mins with about 5 girls and 12 guys. Easy enough to do on a college campus. I even got a #.Go me.

This week is going to be fun.

new_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Orignally posted by Rico Suave: This isn't really part of my exercise training, but this program reminded me of a semi-funny situation.
I was walking across campus and I saw my best friend walking out the back entrance of the science building. I waved and said a loud hello to my best bud, while at the same time some old dude was walking out the front entrance. I've never seen this old guy before, but apparently he thought I was saying hello to him, to which smiled and replied something really stupid sounding like "what, are you talking to me?". I ignored the old guy and continued shouting across the parking lot to my friend saying that we should meet up this week again.

Anyways, as I waved goodbye just a moment later, I continued walking onward, right past the old guy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was cowering his eyes away from mine because he knew that he was the idiot while I was the true Don in that situation.

Hehe, anyone ever been on the receiving end of thinking that somebody is saying hello to you when they really aren't? Feels pretty stupid I bet.
Hey that was me you Azzhole! j/k :)

------------------
"The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others --- the living --- are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later." Hunter S. Thompson