dividing these body parts into 4 days

Reaction score
i live in the suburbs and go to university 50km away, and i work out on campus, hence, to work out every second day wouldn't be realistic, i am free monday to friday, and plan to do cardio on the weekend.

i have good chest and arms, satisfactroy back, but poor shoulders and legs. and i would like to squeeze all these bodyparts into 3-4 workdays, right now i am doing

monday--chest
tuesday--legs

wednesday--rest

thursday--back
friday--arms & shoulders

any problem with this schedule? can it be improved?

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
imcorporate arms into chest and back workouts. work tricpets with chest, bicepts with back.

Working out your forearms once in a while is good too.

Its possible to incorporate shoulders into your chest and back routine, if you want.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is "arms", exactly?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abs or core exercises are also good to throw in there. Not that you need to devote a huge amount of time to them, but it's important to keep your core strong. Also don't be afraid to split up the arms (bicep and tricep for you Mrs). As hope 7 said, forearms are important aswell because they contribute to a lot of lifts such and deadlifts, bicep curls, tricep extension etc.

Reaction score
hmm, okay, so incorporate arms into chest and back, i'll keep the shouders seperate as i have almost no anterior delts. :D

so now i have

monday-chest + triceps

tuesday-legs--squats, calf raises,etc

wednesday-rest

thursday-back + biceps

friday-shoulders

*regarding forearms, i currently finish off my arms day with 100 light wrist curls and hold 80 lb dbs in each hand until i drop. is there a better day/way for this?

thanks.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
i live in the suburbs and go to university 50km away, and i work out on campus, hence, to work out every second day wouldn't be realistic, i am free monday to friday, and plan to do cardio on the weekend.

i have good chest and arms, satisfactroy back, but poor shoulders and legs. and i would like to squeeze all these bodyparts into 3-4 workdays, right now i am doing

monday--chest
tuesday--legs

wednesday--rest

thursday--back
friday--arms & shoulders

any problem with this schedule? can it be improved?

You'd most likely make the most progress with this

Monday (Lower Body)

Main Lift- Squat, Deadlift (switch between the 2 each week)
Accessory- Row, Pullups or machine variation, Pullthrough or gluteham, barbell curl or dumbbell curl

Thursday (Upper Body)
Main Lift- Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench (rotate these each week only do 1)
Accessory (pick one from each category)- Dumbbell Bench or hammer bench or dumbbell fly, Military press or Dumbbell Military Press or lateral raise or upright row, Skull Crusher or Tricep Push Down or reverse grip bench press