Disrespectful text out of the blue

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl I've known for a while but never been friends with recently started chatting with me in a friendly way on fb. She later made up a reason to give her # and I've been texting her the past few days. I didn't care to limit it because I wasn't going to try and make anything happen. This was just because there has never been flirting previously and I assumed she didn't think of me that way and I hadn't thought of her because my friend was interested in her. Anyway, it got sexual and flirty as hell and I can't think of any time she wasn't engaged and I don't think she has any less of an interest. Last night she was texting me about sexual positions and things like thag and after she asked me a question randomly said "alright I have got to go to bed, goodnight." edit: She had not sent a text without smiley faces or exclamations until then. it was not pure content but the dramatic shift in tone with it that made it strange. I was taken aback, as this ***** initiated and actively had a conversation with me up unil now. She has the nerve to.act like I was bothering her? I didn't respond and probably will not, if she texts me I'm not sure what I would do. Is this just me or is that pretty absurd? Should I have bothered to let her know I wasn't ok with that? I think I will just next her because that's not soemthing I will take and it is unnactractive to be honest. Thoughts?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, how sensitive are you? This chick wants to get nasty. She could of went to rub one out. Escalate and bang her like a bass drum, don't cry to her about your feelings.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crazy:

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Damn, how sensitive are you? This chick wants to get nasty. She could of went to rub one out. Escalate and bang her like a bass drum, don't cry to her about your feelings.
I don't have to put up with disrespect for sex, I'm not dependent on her for that. I don't feel hurt, it's just not attractive for me when a girl thinks she can talk to me that way. Has nothing to do feelings, well maybe basic self respect. It's hard to explain why it was disrespectful unless you knew how she had been interacting with me until then. It was mostly like a test of my frame. Now I'm not sitting here crying, but I'm trying to get others opinions on if this signals anything and why someone would go from blowing up my phone to acting like I'm annoying in no time at all.

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad you guys are mature and can answer questions respectfully. If you think it's silly why not explain to me how you see it? Rolling eyes are not helpful, and there is nothing wrong with asking for others views. You know why girls think it's ok to be *****es to guys they are interested in? because some people tolerate things they wouldn't from others because they might get a chance at some puss*.
Also, the way she phrased it plus the timing made it clear as day she was implying that I was annoying her. I don't still have the text so I can't recreate it verbatim, but it was unquestionably not just a casual "goodnight"

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
good lord.. I can't even be annoyed I butchered the explanation of the situation. It does look completely trivial from my initial post.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^yes. I stand by my rolly eyes.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't disrespectful. She said "Alright, I have to go to bed. Goodnight". Same as she would have said in person. Texting is cold and lacks affection or emotion. It's good though that you don't want to put up with cr@p just because you have hopes that she might bang. It's a good mindset to have. However, she wasn't being disrespectful here.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's way too easy to misinterpret texts and overanalyse things. I used to do this alot and it worked against me and wasn't healthy so I had to learn to not give a sh!t.

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait, so a lack of emoticons brings you to the assumption she hates you now and is disrespecting you? Ever considered a 180 and how you text other people. Look it up and ask yourself at times how cold some of your replies may be yet once you're hanging out with these people, nothing is wrong.

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is why I hate texting over talking on the phone, you lose all the context when things are written rather than spoken

Also, speaking on the phone keeps the conversation more fluid and easier to manipulate to your advantage

Don't overanalyse (for now) take it on face value, she was tired and needed to sleep......

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with her text. It's very normal. Dude your over analysing that text.

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
well you guys seem to all agree that it was just me mis-interpreting and over thinking that text. I honestly don't recall the exact wording/structure that made it seem rude but I guess that's irrelevant, you're probably right. Usually the guy who sees something everyone else can't is just wrong, so I'll accept that. I have had my texts become totally misconstrued before and I'm not immune to making mistakes. thanks for the input and perspective

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
johnywhite17 said:
well you guys seem to all agree that it was just me mis-interpreting and over thinking that text. I honestly don't recall the exact wording/structure that made it seem rude but I guess that's irrelevant, you're probably right. Usually the guy who sees something everyone else can't is just wrong, so I'll accept that. I have had my texts become totally misconstrued before and I'm not immune to making mistakes. thanks for the input and perspective

Yeah, man just be cool about it and don't put much meaning into texts, they can lack A LOT of context.

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So wait, you got as far as discussing sexual positions but you never asked her out? Think about this. Stop texting and ask her out.