Disrespect or no biggie?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
phooey73 said:
Exactly. It's a phone call. Who cares? Get over yourself.

**** this "go talk to another girl" stuff. What's the big deal? You wouldn't give a **** if it was one of her girlfriends that she hadn't talked to in 6 months.

i couldn't disagree more.

yes, of course this is not something to get too wound up over. but its also not something to ignore.

she's engaging in a behavior that says somethign about who she is, and its also a behavior that lowers the compatibility between these two.

its kind of like a chic showing up 15 minutes late for a date. ya, we can say 'its only 15 minutes, get over yourself. stop making a big deal over 15 minutes.'

but its not the 15 minutes, or the phone, its the fact that she shows no self awareness over being rude.

with the phone call, its the fact that she hide the conversation from him that is rude.

the small things do matter. its why we chew with our mouths closed. people who don't look like idiots.

the small stuff does matter - because its compatibility on the small stuff that differentiates a woman from other women. when you enjoy her 'everyday' behavior her value goes way up over other women.

which is why i say her behavior was dumb and hurt her, because no matter how you cut it she now has less value than she did before.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care if my girlfriend takes calls. Now if she start taking the calls during our intimate moments (e.g. sex, romantic dinners, etc.) that's another matter.

But my girlfriend NEVER walks away when she takes the calls. Most times she even let the person on the other line she is with me and the times she doesn't, she tries to keep the calls short.

The fact this woman took the call is not a disrespectful thing. The fact she walked away and talked confidentially with that man while in a 3 day get away is a BAD thing. Maybe the dude need it advice on a very personal issue...if that was the case, I understand she doing the talking in private...but NOT during her boyfriend's time. Now if the call was work related or an emergency...that's a different matter.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... Are you exaggerating when you say "10 minutes"? Are you sure it wasn't shorter?

That's really weird for her to go away on a private call like that, but there's not much you can do about it now. Next time it happens address it though actions, not words.

Top Bottom