Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Disrespect from girlfriend

john132

Reaction score
So we're at a party and I make some jokey comment about having a large penis. Girlfriend says it's 'like this' and gestures towards the end of her beer bottle (intonating it's actually small) . After getting no reaction from friends, she repeats herself and then apparently getting embarrassed or realizing how dumb it sounds says 'it's actually pretty big'.

I feel as though this is pretty disrespectful behavior, I brought it up afterwards and she said it was just a joke which I get, she was drunk and perhaps in her mind it was funny. I mentioned it again a couple of days ago as she made a penia joke which reminded me of this joke at the party and she seemed a bit upset and didn't say anything.

Am I right to be annoyed by this? Feel like what she said is inappropriate and disrespectful. Especially in front of my friends. She's apologized and said she meant nothing by it, but i cant help feeling irritated. I don't believe making comments about your partners genitalia in front of others, joke or otherwise is funny at all. You're the sole one who knows that part of that person and its crass and tasteless imo. Thoughts please. Should I let it go?

Last edited:

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd recommend letting it go myself. It kind of sounds like she was trying to go along with your joke in some manner - then ****ed up and tried to pushed the joke through. Then backed down when she realized it was all going wrong. As far as making comments about a partner's genitalia - it seems like you initiated or opened the subject (saying you had a large penis) and she was trying to follow up on it.

She's apologized and has tried to explain herself. Which is a good indicator that she wasn't trying to be disrespect on purpose (she could have blown you off, yet she's tried to assure things). We all **** up from time to time. If someone wants to be disrespectful... trust me, there's plenty of harsher ways to show so.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Well if you actually ARE small down there, that would be an insult and a low blow...pun intended. especially cucking you in front of all your friends.

Also making jokes about your penis size opens you up to ridicule an makes you sound douchey. I wouldnt use that type of talking anywhere.

What you could have done is just take it like a joke and roast her back laugh and say "Yeah it wasnt that small when you were choking on it this morning !;)" then slap her asscheek and pull her into you asserting dominance and plant a wet kiss on her. Thats what I would have done. If at this point she got bitchy with me or didnt go with my frame then we would have a problem and would need a discussion about respect.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we're at a party and I make some jokey comment about having a large penis. Girlfriend says it's 'like this' and gestures towards the end of her beer bottle (intonating it's actually small) . After getting no reaction from friends, she repeats herself and then apparently getting embarrassed or realizing how dumb it sounds says 'it's actually pretty big'.
Let it go. Her joke bombed twice, then she admitted you were big anyway. You also opened the door by joking about your wang being big in the first place, so it's not like it came from nowhere. But more importantly you have to lighten up in these situations and let the ego go. Agree and amplify. "It's smaller than that, babe! More like the tip of one of those bottles they sell on airplanes..."

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you did open Pandora's Box on that one. Consider it a lesson learned and move on. She did apologize, and given that she was drunk, she was just rolling with the momentum that you set up. Free pass unless she tends toward this kind of thing continually.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You had a chick apologize and you wonder if she's disrespecting you over something as trivial as this?
You also opened yourself to that.

Chicks extremely rarely apologize... they don't like dealing with the bad emotion of accountability. She did tho. This means something. Respect

I see no disrespect at all here. You being on the fence on whether turning this into a bigger deal or not is actually weird and might be a bigger problem.

Lots of good tips from other posters too!

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have said something like......."Yeah it fits better in your butt that way and I got something for you later!" or "Good thing my tongue works so good." No need to get butt hurt, it was a joke, roll with it. People that can't take a joke like this come across as insecure.

Who cares what others think. <----That's your first problem.

You sign onto this forum for the first time to make a post like this makes me think you have some issues. Plus you complained to her 2 times after it happened, lol you sound like a damn chic. Next you will be telling us "you lost frame" and will be begging to get your girl back.

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she disrespecting you in other areas?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I feel as though this is pretty disrespectful behavior, I brought it up afterwards and she said it was just a joke which I get, she was drunk and perhaps in her mind it was funny. I mentioned it again a couple of days ago as she made a penia joke which reminded me of this joke at the party and she seemed a bit upset and didn't say anything.

Am I right to be annoyed by this? Feel like what she said is inappropriate and disrespectful. Especially in front of my friends. She's apologized and said she meant nothing by it, but i cant help feeling irritated. I don't believe making comments about your partners genitalia in front of others, joke or otherwise is funny at all. You're the sole one who knows that part of that person and its crass and tasteless imo. Thoughts please. Should I let it go?
I'd let it go especially since it was you that initiated your penis size discussion.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You both acted like douchebags IMO.

Bigger question is, how is the relationship in general? Only you know this. Is she sucking your whatever sized d*ck regularly?

That_dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha it's a joke. Unless you have a small penis or can't get a hardon around this chick.. Laugh it off :D

Glassguy

Reaction score
You should have had fun with it. She obviously was drunk and said something stupid that thought would get a laugh out of everyone and it bombed. No harm.

Be witty. "It would seem small when it tries to go into the Grand Canyon that you have going on down there"- playfully of course.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"That's not funny! Micropenis is a medical condition!!" Then start crying...just long enough to make peoples' eyes get a little wide and their mouths drop open.....and then bray laughter like a donkey.