Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Displaying your body - why hell not?

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats with "You can't be showing your 6 pack to girls" at parties or social gatherings.

I mean I don't lift my shirt and brag, BUT I do wear tight shirts like this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LV969O/102-1737823-0560945

and girls LOVE athletic physical appearance. But some guys were trying to tell me its UNFAIR and gives me an advantage over other guys in the game...

What the heck?

Why is it NOT OK to show off your body if you are not ashamed of it and it attracts?

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Such things are taken as highly offensive by other males and you are in affect, to many insecure and out of shape men, directly attacking them.

Wearing extremely tight-fitting clothing at parties or showing your body off is a sure fire way to be on the receiving end of a beating and believe me, it's coming. No-one likes a show-off.

Wear clothes that hug your physique slightly but not tight-fitting ones. Your build will still be visible.

Never wear sleeveless tops at social gatherings where booze is being consumed in copious amounts. As much as it will attract more woman than a shirt that doesn't show off your physique as much, equally it will awaken the primitive man amongst men who would like nothing better to kick you in the head until your heart stops beating.

Be humble, it will save you a world of pain, visits to the police station and the dentist.

The Muscly Jerk

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've got it flaunt it - as long as you can back it up... You wouldn't want to get a broken nose or worse

On a related note - I have had people start **** based on what I was wearing. Went to a fairly nice hotel bar one night with a friend, was wearing a suit jacket nice shirt, boot cut jeans, etc. looked good. I'm chatting up a chic who was showing high IL. This AMOG comes over and is like "who wears a jacket to legends" - I'm like "apparently I do" and go back to talking to the girls, he starts again this time puts his hand on my arm - I'm like "DO we have a problem???" He's like I don't know do we??? I'm like, "you're the dude coming over giving me ****." then the girls interrupt us and says "Umm excuse me I was talking to him - why don't you go away" I had to laugh. Anyways - long story short - The guy is totally outplayed, turns into my "buddy" and starts introducing me to his hot girl friends like a good little beta puppy.

sexxyback

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That type of muscle tank top is only appropriate if

-you are somewhere outside like an outdoor concert
-a large dance club, but you run the risk of being mistaken for a gay guy
-or a really low class bar or pub like a biker bar

if you wear that **** to a dinner party or a semi high class place - and you are not tommy lee - you will look like a tool.

sexxyback

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
also - i don't know what kind of crazy neighborhood muscly jerk is from - but noone is gonna punch you for wearing a stupid shirt.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not about wearing a stupid shirt, it's about overtly showing off your body to attract women when it's unnecessary and many consider it offensive.

Be humble. Wear shirts that fit. Chicks will still notice your physique and they won't think you're a show-off who loves himself, and you won't get in to as much trouble.

Let women know you're well-built but wonder about what's underneath.

If you're going to show off, wear shirts that give women a small peak at an inch in to your bicep from wearing a shirt with sleeves while you're holding your drink - it's natural and subtle. Christ. Guys won't hate you for it and women will wonder why you're not showing your body off when it's obvious you are quite built.. this creates a more powerful attraction in itself for reasons I shouldn't have to go in to.

..If you want to go around wreaking of desperation then show off your body whenever you can. I will watch from a distance mocking you with my friends calling you Superman while you wear sleeveless shirts at parties and ultra-tight t-shirts.. ..then I will watch as a rowdy group of males spot you and try to cause bother. ..I will watch as you handle it badly and they decide to beat the crap out of you.

It's rather simple.. guys will always respect a guy who's well built and not showing it off and women will equally find you more appealing and interesting.

Don't be dumb.. chew that last sentence over and figure it out.

The Muscly Jerk

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love wearing tight shirts, but i do it in the right situations.

I don't go out to a party wearing a tight yellow wifebeater, but i may do so when i'm going to the beach.

You can wear tight shirts given the right situations, they make you look attractive, other males are powerless to say anything, and women will still find you attractive.

Otherwise, just follow musclyjerks advice.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's see..
When women wear something that's not sexy at all.. what happens?
When women wear something that's sexy, but not slutty.. what happens?
When a woman wears something slutty.. showing nipples or some such thing, what happens?

If a woman wears something too tight, she might get my attention, but I'm not into her mind. If she dresses a potato bag, I'd probably pass. If she dresses something that shows her line, without making a point of it, that suits me best.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:
Why is it NOT OK to show off your body if you are not ashamed of it and it attracts?
I agree with you 100%,if you earned it you can do what you want with it.

Here is the thing though if you want to wear beater around the clock;
-You better be built,cause if you aren't you will look trashy
-You should get a tan
-You better wear a deoderant and cologne

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty built and I never wear anything more than an average T-shirt. Trust me, if you have anything, the girls and anyone for that matter can see. Its not that hard to tell if someone is built or not. Wearing super tight shirts and stuff is pretty stupid and excessive.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
musclyjerk said:
This is not about wearing a stupid shirt, it's about overtly showing off your body to attract women when it's unnecessary and many consider it offensive.

Be humble. Wear shirts that fit. Chicks will still notice your physique and they won't think you're a show-off who loves himself, and you won't get in to as much trouble.

Let women know you're well-built but wonder about what's underneath.

If you're going to show off, wear shirts that give women a small peak at an inch in to your bicep from wearing a shirt with sleeves while you're holding your drink - it's natural and subtle. Christ. Guys won't hate you for it and women will wonder why you're not showing your body off when it's obvious you are quite built.. this creates a more powerful attraction in itself for reasons I shouldn't have to go in to.

..If you want to go around wreaking of desperation then show off your body whenever you can. I will watch from a distance mocking you with my friends calling you Superman while you wear sleeveless shirts at parties and ultra-tight t-shirts.. ..then I will watch as a rowdy group of males spot you and try to cause bother. ..I will watch as you handle it badly and they decide to beat the crap out of you.

It's rather simple.. guys will always respect a guy who's well built and not showing it off and women will equally find you more appealing and interesting.

Don't be dumb.. chew that last sentence over and figure it out.

The Muscly Jerk

Who said other males can beat me? Besides, whichever ones will go in a fight will lose woman's respect ASAP and if there are more than 2 of them then I will probably lose the fight, but I WILL get the chick because they will see it as unfair also.

I'm 6'2, 180lbs (cutting), not that muscular, but ripped and almost nobody picks up a fight with me.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:
Whats with "You can't be showing your 6 pack to girls" at parties or social gatherings.

I mean I don't lift my shirt and brag, BUT I do wear tight shirts like this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LV969O/102-1737823-0560945

and girls LOVE athletic physical appearance. But some guys were trying to tell me its UNFAIR and gives me an advantage over other guys in the game...

What the heck?

Kinda tacky looking.
All right for workouts or if you're out playing ball or something.

Of course, you can look like a douche wearing an expensive, long-sleeve, silk, dress shirt...unbuttoned down to your navel to show off your pecs.

Like Muscly said, wear something fitting but not skin-tight.

The cut of a T-shirt makes a real difference. I look average in typical T-shirts.
But the Mossimo athletic fit T's at Target make me look pretty built...even though I'm not big.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, chicks prefer when you wear something other than a wifebeater out... do something a little stylish... really... the only dude I know who rocks a wife-beater on the regular is some big meathead who drives a Lamborghini... but dude spends all day everyday in the gym...

I just don't think that the skin-tight clothing is stylish ... well-fitting clothing is... a tailored or slim-fit shirt is much much better to show off your physique and much more attractive to women... I always rock that sh!t half open too chest on view and some of my stomach / boxer waistband showing

Don John NJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000BPDYY8.01-A8NGTDCMCO53E._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I went to a party like this and I swear the chicks drooled!

Is this also offensive?

I think this is another problem with guys.. you are afraid to pea-**** and to show off! All freaking animals do that to get women. You acting ALPHA is also showing off.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing that fitted long sleeve t-shirt. I suppose it really depends on the situation. If you wear a a wifebeater in the winder under a leather jacket and take it off when you get to the bar you will look like a tool. If you wear one to a casual bar in the middle of July it should be acceptable.

If you have a sick physique and you buy decent clothes that fit you well they will show off your V-Taper and that should be more then sufficient to attract girls. In my honest opinion it is trashy to go out in a wifebeater. Usually it is the big guys with no sense of style who go out wearing one.

There are classier ways to show off your physique without having to wear a tiny tank top.

my 2 cents

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
I would have to agree with muscly jerk. save the sleeveless tight stuff for the beach or something.

people will view you as someone just trying to show off.

he is also right on the fact that if you conceal a bit it will create imagination and more attraction.

how many times have you seen a girl wearing some really revealing clothes just to pass over her for another girl wearing more modest but fitting clothes?

you don't need to wear wifebeaters to show off what you got, but of course, if you feel more comfortable in a beater than a t shirt, do what you will.

PersonalJesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF?

You honestly give a sh!t if you "look like a tool"? The **** are you, a bunch of women? The only reason you're gonna look like a tool is if you

A) Are a tool
B) Hold yourself like a tool
C) Speak like a tool
D) Act like a tool etc etc.

Tell you what, wear what the fuuckk you want, stop being a bunch of feminine vags. "Oh if i wear a tank top like that it will make me look trashy. "

Wear what the fackk you want to wear, not because you think other people will think anything different of you.

Clothes can be your friend in attracting girls, but remember, alot of the game is in your head, and your mastery of self & other people.

If you like tanktops, go for it. And seriously, make those jealous guys your biotches. Shouldn't be too hard

Don John NJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to take advice from a 15 year old. Get out in the world, live a little, experience some things, and get back to us in 3 years when you might have some credibility then.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:

That picture made me giggle.

If it made me laugh then i assure you there's a number of people at these places you go to wearing that are laughing.

It really does look gay and i don't just throw the word gay around in everyday conversation.

You shouldn't be questioning "why isn't it okay?!" you should just be accepting it. A woman shouldn't have to be sexually harrassed or gawked at when she wears a really low cut shirt to work but it happens so a smart woman would just not wear that crap instead of complaining about the unfairness of it all, which isn't going to change.