Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dislocated shoulder

Realthangpoon

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I dislocated my shoulder this week in a very silly way. I might need surgery depending on how severe the injury is. It’s a very annoying injury and tends to occure more once you had it apparantly. Any experience here? Good Exercises that help recovery?

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My housemate, who I am about to give two weeks notice and evict after helping him out, and him spitting him my face metaphorically, a month or so go broke his collarbone whilst skateboarding. I no longer have any sympathy for him. It was his right shoulder, and he is right-handed, so is practically useless with his injury.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I dislocated my shoulder this week in a very silly way. I might need surgery depending on how severe the injury is. It’s a very annoying injury and tends to occure more once you had it apparantly. Any experience here? Good Exercises that help recovery?
Visit a PT. End of thread ;)

Seriously. I dont understand why people refuse to invest in healthcare.

My housemate, who I am about to give two weeks notice and evict after helping him out, and him spitting him my face metaphorically, a month or so go broke his collarbone whilst skateboarding. I no longer have any sympathy for him. It was his right shoulder, and he is right-handed, so is practically useless with his injury.

What happend?

Last edited:

DROPTOP_GTA

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can, exercise with light shoulder press and lateral raise movements. Increase weight and intensity each session. Let arms and shoulders rest if sore. A few days of rest. Do this while you are not in pain to buildup shoulder strength. The stronger your delts and traps are the less likely hood of injury.

I find that atmospheric pressure, humidity and air conditioning exposure tend to cause me flareups. Wearing long sleeves to bed in colder weather helps.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How did he metaphorically spit in your face?
Because he is a 27 year old bum who just got out of jail, who out of sympathy, I rented my spare room to him for a few months. He knows I work shift work, and I'm an insomniac, and the biggest thing for me, with him living with me, is my sleep. He doesn't work, is up all night and sleeps all day with his girlfriend. Because he is up all night, he wakes me up constantly, and I am going insane. I have just given him two weeks notice. He agreed that he would be quiet, etc. When I needed to sleep before work, it was good for a week or two, then it all went to hell. Then he has the nerve to gaslight me, and try and claim victimhood.

This situation has really hardened my heart, and in the future, I am hesitant to help people any more.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It really depends on the scan and what it showed. If it's just a simple dislocation, you can wear a shoulder brace and that would help with the dislocation. You should also consider going to a chiropractor and/or seek physical therapy first prior to any surgery. It will be sore, and that can be treated with alternating with heat and cold. If you have a tub, you can also soak in the tub and that will help with the pain as well as the soreness.

This may help, but it depends on where the dislocation is.

Sparthos Shoulder Brace

As always, this is just personal suggestions as to what I would do if I was in a similar position. It does not constitute actual medical advice. Always listen your doctor or medical professional on how to treat properly.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because he is a 27 year old bum who just got out of jail, who out of sympathy, I rented my spare room to him for a few months. He knows I work shift work, and I'm an insomniac, and the biggest thing for me, with him living with me, is my sleep. He doesn't work, is up all night and sleeps all day with his girlfriend. Because he is up all night, he wakes me up constantly, and I am going insane. I have just given him two weeks notice. He agreed that he would be quiet, etc. When I needed to sleep before work, it was good for a week or two, then it all went to hell. Then he has the nerve to gaslight me, and try and claim victimhood.

This situation has really hardened my heart, and in the future, I am hesitant to help people any more.
People should be deserving of your warmth amd kindness.

Same goes for women by the way. Of this was a woman amd you fecked her it might've been the same problem, but " at least " you get "free punani".

By being coldhearted towards others we are actually warm to ourselves!!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Well...you just need to use better judgement on who to help.

The first sentence pretty much tells you the type of person he is...one who takes no responsibility for his choices in life, has no ambition and has used people his entire life, likely bouncing from person to person when they get sick of him doing it.

Probably charming, charismatic and fun to be around. That's how they get more people to help them out, how some men here build pipelines of women as plates, they build pipelines of people they can mooch and leech off of. Some of which are likely women too.

This isn't surprising it's ended up in this manner. It was always going to end up in this manner.

One rule will save you so much time and energy in your life with others.

"When someone tells you/shows you who they are, believe them."

You knew who he was, but you didn't want to believe him.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It definitely can continue to happen...my Dad has had shoulder issues from playing soccer and dislocating it multiple times growing up.

He has learned how to pop it back into place himself. Once when he was younger, he was standing up on a bus and holding onto the railing and it popped out on him.

I'm sure surgery is a lot better now but most people don't understand how important doing PT is and pushing themselves hard to getting as close to normal range of motion and strength back that they can.

PT hurts...a LOT. But it's supposed to...up to a point, obviously if you damage it more that's not helping, but you have to work really hard and push yourself really hard if you want a good result post surgery.

The people who fail to do this are the ones who usually never regain proper range of motion or strength.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have had several dislocated shoulders over the years from playing hockey in HS and then a few times as an adult. One time on the right side and 4 times on the left side. The last one was in 2018. I didn't want to go to the ER so I got on Youtube and watched a video on how to pop a shoulder back in. Did it myself!

The issues I have are that I can't go UP and BACK behind my head. I can lift up and in front of my head, but any motion up and behind my head can pop the shoulder out again. I can go to the gym and do most exercises but there are a few that I can't do and never will be able to the rest of my life. If you have only had one dislocation you may be fine.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...you just need to use better judgement on who to help.

The first sentence pretty much tells you the type of person he is...one who takes no responsibility for his choices in life, has no ambition and has used people his entire life, likely bouncing from person to person when they get sick of him doing it.

Probably charming, charismatic and fun to be around. That's how they get more people to help them out, how some men here build pipelines of women as plates, they build pipelines of people they can mooch and leech off of. Some of which are likely women too.

This isn't surprising it's ended up in this manner. It was always going to end up in this manner.

One rule will save you so much time and energy in your life with others.

"When someone tells you/shows you who they are, believe them."

You knew who he was, but you didn't want to believe him.
Thanks for this. I needed to read this advice.