Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Difference between protein isolate and concentrate?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the difference? Absorption rate? Quality? I know isolate has more protein per serving in whey protein shakes. Could anyone explain this please?

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Isolates are more pure...they're about 98% protein or so right, but in the procuess of making them its' very easly to destory the protein particle cuz they're so small, i think they make it by seperating the protien particles from the goo thats left over from cottage cheese, well anyway...and the way they make conencrate is when they make cottage cheese right, there is this goo that's left over when the cheese is sepereated from whatever, this goo is dried up and thus you get concentrates, now conencentrates don't get destoryed becuase they're dried up...so you're gettin' about 80% or so protein, but you're gettin all the protein parts. O and as for muscle building, they're both pretty much the same, as long as you get the same amount of protein in, I prefer to consume concentrates just because i know none of the protein was damaged during the process of making it.

Halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The isolates are more pure, and more expensive. It's a better choice for lactose intolerant people since they have zero or very little trace of lactose.

There are two methods used to make whey protein isolate. One uses a microfiltration system, the other uses ion-exchange. One of them (I think the ion-exchange method) uses heat, which can damage the protein molecules.

I usually get the isolate since it's supposedly better, and normally isn't much more expensive at GNC.