Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Diet Critique Please

DgrenJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meal 1 5:30 AM
- 5 Egg Whites
- Baked Potato
- Can of Tuna

Meal 2 7:30 AM
- Can of Tuna
- 1/2 Bag of Rice

Meal 3 10:00 AM
- Protein Shake

Meal 4 12:30 AM
- Chicken Breast
- Baked Potato

Meal 5 3:00 PM
- Can of Tuna
- 2 Whole Eggs

Meal 6 5:00 PM
- Can of Tuna
- 1/2 Bag of Rice

Meal 7 7:00 PM
- Chicken Breast
- Baked Potato

Meal 8 9:00 PM
- Can of Tuna

Carbs 157
Protein 305.1
Fat 39
Calories 2307

I am trying as best as I can to follow DIESEL's recommendations... I am going to begin with the following, and a good workout/running plan, and I am going to knock about 150 calories a week off of this, going no lower than 1600 calories...

I'm currently 16% BF, and hoping to get down to 8% BF.

So any feedback and thoughts on this diet would be much appreciated....

Meal 5 is probably lacking in the Carb aspect, but like Meal 3, it has to be something fast and easy that I can munch down at work.... so I think its as best I can do.

Thanks

-DgrenJ

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need more fats, fats don't make you fatter, sitting on your ass does.
So if you lift you won't get fat.
You'll gain some fat, but don't worry, you won't turn into a fata$$ in 2 seconds.

Fats are anabolic, you need them to grow muscle.
The problem with today's society are carbs, not fats.

DgrenJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what would you think of perhaps dropping the 5 Egg Whites in Meal 1, and adding a couple TSP's of Flaxseed Oil into the Protein Shake? Think that would be enough, would probably add another 10+ or so grams...

I've also got a few comments from friends that I need more carbs, but I am wondering if that is true, being as though my goal is to actually (cut) with this diet.

- DgrenJ

Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
You need more fats, fats don't make you fatter, sitting on your ass does.
So if you lift you won't get fat.
You'll gain some fat, but don't worry, you won't turn into a fata$$ in 2 seconds.

Fats are anabolic, you need them to grow muscle.
The problem with today's society are carbs, not fats.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you drop the egg whites? Instead of egg whites, eat 4 whole eggs. Yes, whole eggs. The yolk has as much protein as the white, and all of the vitamins and minerals. Cholesteral is not a problem if you excersize. I eat roughly a dozen eggs a day, and my LDL is below 170.

A little too many potatoes as well. Potatoes are good for refilling carb storage, and that's about it. Throw some fruit and brocolli in there instead. Fruit for pre-workout will really give you a boost.

You definately show promise. No newbie I know has the balls to put down 4 cans of tuna per day. Good high meal frequency as well. Good luck.

deez_nutz

Reaction score
DgrenJ,
I can't remember where I heard this but eating too much tuna is bad for you. If you eat too much you can get mercury poisening. You should only eat about 3 cans a week max. I would recommend chicken instead. If preparing it is a problem I would recommend buying a George. I have one and I make chicken on it all the time. Anyways, hope this helps.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mercury poisoning? You really think the FDA would allow mercury in food? I eat well over 3 cans of tuna per week, and no problems. I know other people who eat it every day, and their also ripped.

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I'm just not down with that much tuna. In fact tuna taste best to me at a Japanese restauraunt RAW.

I go with protein shakes. But I'm not about to give diet advice. At least until I clean out the junk in it again. I did so well this summer, but have too much junk food around (living back at parents house is the reason why, they buy it not me, but I still eat it if it's around!)

DgrenJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another question...

Assuming I stick with my above mentioned program pretty good...

Excercising 3 times a week, and atleast running 3 times a week, as well as adhering to the diet.

What would be your guys estimation of the length of time required to go from 16% to 8% in weeks?

is this a reasonable goal to be thinking 12-16 weeks?

- DgrenJ

The Irish Tongue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides whats been mentioned I'd recommend more veggies in there, especially leafy greens. They are low carb and give you nutrients not found in such protein rich diet.

Something that is easy to make is a salad wrap. I put spinach greens, pecans, blue cheese or goat cheese (for some fat), and mandarin orange slices...all wrapped up in whole wheat lawash bread. Takes 5 min to prepare, isn't expensive and can be eaten anywhere.

Because you're cutting out half the food on the pyramid consider taking a multi vitamin.