Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Diet advice/critique

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a few questions for the experts here regarding how to lose weight most effectively. I used to powerlift but injured myself and cannot lift until I heal. So I'm using this time to really up my cardio and for once, get a low enough body fat to see my abs. I bike for about 1-1 1/2 hours per day (sometimes up to about 4 hours if it's a weekend) and it's pretty heavy biking up hills and stuff. I'm definitely chubby but I do have muscle definition in my shoulders and biceps. I'm about 5'9" and currently 190 lbs...I'd prefer to be down to 175 and realize I need to lose some muscle mass to achieve this.

My diet is where my trouble is:

If I'm off that day, I can follow a pretty good diet. But work days pose problems

Breakfast: Protein shake w/ 2 raw eggs, bowl of Grape Nuts
Meal 2: Oatmeal, whole tomato, and tuna fish
Snack: nuts or string cheese
Meal 3: Oatmeal and tuna fish or chicken or whatever the hell else I have (I'm working on controlling portion size)
Snack 2: something proteiny

How much tuna is safe to eat per week? And is there anything I should do differently? And how do I control cravings and keep eating the same sh!t over and over again without getting sick of it??

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm not an expert, but if you're looking to cut weight, I'd suggest cutting out some of that protein. Loading on protein is useful for muscle growth, but if you're trying to slim down then I'd recommend going very scarce on calories in general.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:
Hey,

I'm not an expert, but if you're looking to cut weight, I'd suggest cutting out some of that protein. Loading on protein is useful for muscle growth, but if you're trying to slim down then I'd recommend going very scarce on calories in general.
Yeah, I get so damn hungry though. I figure it's safer to eat something protein rich, rather than anything else.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Protein and fats are great for bodyfat loss. Your body uses heaps of calories digesting them, you will stay fuller longer after eating them, and they promote muscle growth.

Use cardio and overall caloric deficit (while keeping emphasis on protein, fats, and timed carbs) to slim down.

beaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
quicksilver is right on. cut carbs to 50-100g/day, get calories from meat and healthy saturated fats. maybe fast once or twice a week for 20 hours. cut static cardio and do interval training (sprints)

rifyraina

Reaction score
The banana diet is one of the best and easiest ways to help boost your weight loss efforts. There is just 1 main rule to this diet and another general rule.

Rule 1: Eat 1-2 bananas before each meal. Minimum of 3 times a day.
Rule 2: Eat whatever you want for meals.
Rule 3:You can replace 1 banana with an apple before breakfast and lunch.

nevillemartin11

Reaction score
I have took two banana with milk shake after my exercises. All are awe about the banana very well. It is give protection against the strokes , ulcers and also help for reduce water retention. I like it dude.

jimmyblakk

Reaction score
Well, You can try the french diet, And Duration of French diet two weeks. Its low caloricity for the elongation of entire course is the basis of decrease in weight with the observance of French diet. Moreover the ration of French diet is clearly determined, and what or retreats from the menu are not admitted.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest I think your diet looks ideal as it is. The only thing I would change is the second portion of oatmeal and have some mixed green vegetables instead, mainly for their vitamin and mineral content.

It is also a good idea to have a protein shake before each cardio session, just to help maintain the muscle and help your body focus on burning fat instead.

As for that banana diet, I've not heard of that one, but I can't imagine it being good for weight loss as they are extremely high in sugars.

kevinpeter1

Reaction score
Mostly eat fruits and vegetables that are currently available in-season.You can do Daily physical activity and then you can achieves fitness and balances energy expenditure with calorie intake.Balanced diet food such as Weight Watchers, rather than a fad diet.Use low-fat milk-dairy products in eating. You can eat a diet food with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.You can not eat calories, saturated fats, cholesterol, sodium, and sugar.

alphonsebelly

Reaction score
Dietary habits are strongly linked to food processing and the options offered by manufacturers of food products. If burgers and fries have been available to our ancestors in caves, do not bother to chase. Unfortunately, while food manufacturers are constantly developing more tasty food, these foods are not always healthy. A kitchen is usually high in fat or high sugar content and high in sodium.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you eat or when you eat it.
I've studied 3 years of biology before leaving to pursue another career.

It's all about creating a calorie deficit. Muscles will help burn more calories. Work out, eat less, be happy end of story.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GhostWriter said:
It doesn't matter what you eat or when you eat it.
I've studied 3 years of biology before leaving to pursue another career.

It's all about creating a calorie deficit. Muscles will help burn more calories. Work out, eat less, be happy end of story.
I disagree, because if you're eating nothing but junk food, you're missing out on nutrients, minerals and protein that are essential to maintaining your health.

Also, by eating foods that are high in sugars and simple carbs, you cause insulin spikes which causes you to crave more of the same, whereas if you cut this stuff from your diet, the cravings are much easier to tolerate and will eventually disappear.

Yes, you can lose weight by simply cutting calories, but that's not a healthy way to diet at all and much of that weight you lose could be lean muscle mass.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't argue with the bot :)