Did your parents ever...

Did your parents ever give you "advice"?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading that post about parents, it hit me hard...

I want to know if there's some sort of a relation between communication with parents and social success. There might be a reason for why some people here "get it" and some take much longer to fully understand some things.

Question: Did your parents ever give you the "talk" or give you social advice when you were in your teens?

CactusMcDougal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was never drawn into the discussion on sexuality. (In fact, I remained ignorant of sex until I was about 14.) My mother, however, did fill my mind with volumes of rants and monologues on males' past evils against females, claiming that all of evolutional theory regarding gender differences was fabricated by males to rationalize said evils. She also, in essence, trained me to become a slave to females, going so far as to tell me that women are better than men. (And before anyone paints a picture of my mother as the uneducated spawn of Satan, she is a very educated woman. She hold two Master's degrees at University of Texas at Austin. And she is not "ugly" either, just average by middle-age standards.) In a sense, my mother castrated me at birth; she raised me to be the Eternal Nice Guy.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon
No. They primarily imparted their wisdom regarding achieving success in life.
Success in what respect?

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Always wear a rubber" - KillaCam's Mom

Simplicity is wonderful.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CactusMcDougal said:
I was never drawn into the discussion on sexuality. (In fact, I remained ignorant of sex until I was about 14.) My mother, however, did fill my mind with volumes of rants and monologues on males' past evils against females, claiming that all of evolutional theory regarding gender differences was fabricated by males to rationalize said evils. She also, in essence, trained me to become a slave to females, going so far as to tell me that women are better than men. (And before anyone paints a picture of my mother as the uneducated spawn of Satan, she is a very educated woman. She hold two Master's degrees at University of Texas at Austin. And she is not "ugly" either, just average by middle-age standards.) In a sense, my mother castrated me at birth; she raised me to be the Eternal Nice Guy.
Sounds like your mom's been watching too many evening sitcoms. That or watching commercials and the stereotypical dumb/inferior, male/white person.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt learn sh*t. I was shy throughout school. Within the past two years ive broken out of my shell but yea, it would have been nice to have enjoyed middle and high school more.