Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

did you KNOW why some are NATURAL DJ's ? ? ?

Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
First, define "Smart". Is it IQ? Most high-IQ people aren't smart, they're just good at doing IQ tests.

To me, smart suggests a man who is able to rapidly adapt to different situations, think fast and clearly, and be able to complete his objectives with minimal effort.
I like that :)

GatorBait

Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
While I agree with what you're saying about the more successful in life being more successful with women, don't automatically equate being in college with being intelligent or getting a GED with being unintelligent. Most of the college age guys I know are complete idiots, whereas I got my GED when I was 17 yet I have a 148 IQ (genuinely tested, not the internet IQ test).

There are different types of intelligence as well. There is factual/reasoning intelligence and social intelligence are the ones most related to this discussion. If you are very intelligent in the first one, you are a genius, if you are very low in the first, you are an idiot. High in the second one, and you are charismatic, low in the second one, you are a sociopath.

I think guys who are highly factual/reasoning intelligent generally have a harder time getting with the girls to begin with, but then an easier time keeping them, while those who are socially intelligent have an easier time getting them than they do keeping them.
Don't worry, I know that being in college doesn't qualify a person as being "smart". I see people here at college every day that cause me to wonder "How the hell did this person get into college? (especially this school - the best in the state)". I was simply pointing out how, in my example, the guy that got into college has put himself in a better situation than a a guy who has settled in life. I also made it a point to add in the word "ambition" in my initial post. Ambition and desire can trump intelligence. Also, if a person is "intelligent" and doesn't take advantage of their intelligence, then you have to wonder how smart they really are.

I always liked this quote:
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, smart suggests a man who is able to rapidly adapt to different situations, think fast and clearly, and be able to complete his objectives with minimal effort.

Sounds like your everyday run-of-the mill freelance custodial engineer.

Reaction score
lnghrngeek said:
One of my best friends is a natural DJ and is more or less not that smart. He does, however, have a kind of James Dean-esque look which helps a lot I'm sure.

u just said it.. his not smart, but HE GOT LOOKS!!!!!! either your suave or u got looks... once in a while you get both and at that point LITERALLY the guy can have ANY woman, yes, including your girlfriend.., ;)

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanByNature said:
u just said it.. his not smart, but HE GOT LOOKS!!!!!! either your suave or u got looks... once in a while you get both and at that point LITERALLY the guy can have ANY woman, yes, including your girlfriend.., ;)
And you just said it too, being smart and having a high IQ really have very little to do with getting girls. Being suave has nothing to do with IQ, it has everything to do with social intelligence, e.g. charisma, personality, and charm. Sure you can be suave by throwing out some intellectual knowledge that you have, but the IQ is just a nail being driven in by your hammer of social intelligence (so to speak), in other words, IQ doesn't mean a thing on it's own, you have to have the other personal interaction traits to allow you to take advantage of your IQ in a social setting.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i'm considered very smart (border-line genius IQ) and very good-looking (super hot as told to me thru the grapevine by several) yet girls are always shy and coy around me. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but this is the way it is.

Sometimes it takes them months to approach, when all along i knew they liked me. The common denominator though, they are all HB9s and 10s (or what i consider) and have boyfriends. I'm very charming and open and it still takes them a long time. If i'm ****y at all, they're usually history. When they find out i'm single, they just can't believe it.

It really can be frustrating ..no kidding.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the guys who are best with women, are guys who grew up surrounded by females in the family,that way you get used to thier mood swings and how they use men . also shy guys or quiet guys though they cant sarge on the streets or whateva end up being better with women once women get to know them. loud guys usually are confident at first but end up fuking up and make women loose attraction for them. many quiet guys are devils and know how to manipulate women becuase womn get the shock or thier life when they realize that yo this dude is a monster waiting to come out. iv notcied these things especially with my cousin and women.

afc's not included

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IQ and SQ are two totally different things.

One can be as stupid as it gets, but yet at the same time be mr. Social. And visa versa.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money doesn't help much with getting women. I know good looking Doctors who are ****. I think that's a myth or another thing guys use to blame why THEY aren't successful with women.

GatorBait

Don Juan
Reaction score
Centaurion said:
IQ and SQ are two totally different things.

One can be as stupid as it gets, but yet at the same time be mr. Social. And visa versa.
This is 100% true. A person with a huge IQ can be a complete social loser. A person who is the life of the party can also have the lowest IQ in the room. There's a big difference between "street/social smarts" and "book smarts".

However, what happens when you combine a strong social ability with intelligence? That is the most deadly combo. Intelligence and social ability don't have to be mutually exclusive.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Success breeds Confidence, so the more that a guy achieves in his life the more outgoing he should be.

If you have achieved a lot of success in life it should be easier for you to attract the hot babes as you are happy to talk about yourself, where as if you are a loser in life you tend to hate yourself and hide, and you can't impress any hot babes if you have nothing going for you. :yes:

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanByNature said:
listen... being smart and being educated are different things... i.e. you can study for 20 years and be leading physicist/rocket scientist on earth, that makes you EDUCATED, but not necessarily "natrually" smart... i.e. go back to class room environemnt, you know which kids pick up stuff fast and which kids learn slower,.. even to be the top crack dealer on the corner you have to be smart, one sells more then the other cause of smarts... and if that same crack dealer was to actually apply himself for 20 years he probably could have been a way better physicis/rocket scientist...
That's ridiculous. Most crack dealers would make HORRIBLE physicists/rocket scientists. And you failed to actually distinguish education from intelligence when you failed to note that it requires not only a lot of intelligence IQ-wise but socially as well to achieve the status of "leading physicist/rocket scientist on earth". That makes you intelligent AND educated. Also beyond the scope of your observation is that it is exactly the kids who pick stuff up the fastest which tend to not only be the best scientists but also to have the high IQ's and, more controversally, be the worst with women. While a high IQ has been shown by studies over the years to give a person many advantages in life overall, I don't think I've ever heard of it being any help to meeting pretty girls.

All this springs to mind a remarkable statistic I read recently that the average CEO has an IQ of 100 - which is, remarkably, exactly average. Meaning that CEOs as a whole are no more (or less) intelligent than the American population in general. Where they did excel, however, is in a score for emotional intelligence. My hypothesis would be that this would extend to another area where we all seem to now by empirical evidence that IQ does not help men seduce women any more than it helps them achieve CEO status.

The good news, however, is that - while IQ is considered to be something more determined and unchanging, emotional intelligence can be developed. So, while dumb people will always be dumb (no offence intended to original poster =) ) people with poor people skills and self-control can grow into fully capable and even highly skilled icons of success.