Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did I say this the right way?

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I know this HB 8.5 (HB9 at times), who is a Sophomore (I am a Freshmen). We've met a few times, we hit it off pretty well when we see each other (she also happens to be a friend of some other girl on my floor that I know). The problem, of course, is that we haven't seen each other lately. Apparently we're in a lecture together, but the room is so big that we still can't see each other. I arrive to the class a few minutes before it starts, so I have a decent seat in the middle-ish area. She is coming from another class, gets there as the class begins, and has to sit in the back. Now I know the way to see her would be to sit towards the back too, but I also want a decent grade in the class and focus much better from where I sit now. She goes to her work right at the end of the class, so I can't really see her when I'm leaving either (she works at the student desk at hte school I go to at my University, and I know the other people that work with her too).

ANYWAY, this lack of seeing each other has inevitably led to flirting via Facebook. We tend to talk mainly via PM (I think this started cuz she was gonna cover for me if I missed class due to a funeral [I didn't], then I had to cover her a week or two later [she said she did well on the test b/c of my notes lol]) and the rapport is good. Lately, we've been accusing each other of cutting the class since we don't see each other.

So now we get to today. I told her the test we have next week should be interesting, since she has been "cutting" class (she hasn't - this is our way of saying we haven't seen each other), and I also ask how she's been. Her reply basically states: I've been great. Life's ridiculously crazy and stressful but that's usually how my life is. I never have time to breathe. How are you?

Four possible things run through my mind as I read this (you can tell me if any of these are right):
1.) This will serve as her excuse for if/when I ask her out. Of course this would be after I see her in person a few times, since I am only asking her out in person, or at worst, over the phone.
2.) She is a sincere person. She doesn't seem to reply to many people that talk to her (wall-to-wall baby :crackup: ), and she is giving me a little bit of a detailed response (she also tends to reply almost every time I PM her, whether I started the topic of if I am replying to hers).
3.) She thinks I'm going to be one of her friends that helps her through her stress.
4.) TEST! TEST! TEST! TEST! TEST! :eek:

Now I needed to come up with a witty (and short) reply. I know from experience my two biggest flaws when pursuing girls has been that I can sometimes be a little bit of a "nice guy" and that I may "give it away" that I like her, though neither are a severe issue - and neither have been an obstacle with this HB. My reply needed to be the exact opposite of both my little flaws. I don't like to be a jerk, but I felt a reply closer to C+F was in order, even though my C+F is far from perfect (since, of course, "nice guys finish last" with women). So I wrote: Sounds pretty intense - maybe I can brag a little here and say I do have time to breathe lol :D .

I am not bragging here (I say I am though, as a joke). She said in her reply, if you scroll up, that she doesn't have time to breathe. So I base my reply off hers, but say I do have time to breathe, with a little laughing smiley so she can tell I'm not dead serious. I also like to keep the conversation on her, and I don't want to say too much or make my comment a little too long (I've improved on this as of late). I don't want to be seen as "nice," but most importantly, her drama issues at this point are for her girl friends or if I were her long-term bf. When flirting at this stage, I don't want to be sitting there solving her little problems. Sure, being friends with a girl isn't bad. However, my goal here is more than that. Too many times I get the LJBF thing. My goal is to change that - take some more risk.

Any thoughts? Do I come off like a real @$$ and bomb this, or did I say something that could help me land in that "attracted" zone of hers, since I didn't act like "just a friend"? If I botched this one up, it won't devasate me - I'll have chances with other girls later on, and I've been able to shake rejection off well before. Plus, I saw this HB as a little "hard to get" since she is a year older than me and seems to be a winner - attractive, fun, and she is a mature person.

Last edited:

snobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're analyzing a simple response WAYYY too much. That isn't how you're going to improve at communicating with women.

The way you handle a conversation is what's going to get you laid, not "comebacks" which you write via a text message.

My advice is stop analyzing so much your text message responses. Just read the bible and set the right frame when talking to women. When in the right frame, conversation should come naturally... the right mindset is gonna be taking care of your responses.

The way I see it, if she's respondive to you you're on the right track.