Did I handle this right?

Mcrich114

Reaction score
Long story short I was gaming this girl through text when this came up-

Me: Damn, ice skating, dancing, gymnastics, anything you cant do? 0_0

Her: Fly. And ride a bike...

Me: Well thats a deal breaker. Sorry, I only date girls who fly and/or ride bikes. :p

Her: Who said I wanted to date you?

Me: Oh please what girl doesnt want to date me?
aha Im just kidding

Her: haha

Do you think I may have overplayed my part? Was there a better way for me to handle this situation?

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the "haha im just kidding" fvcked it up if anything

but if she had high interest level it wouldnt matter.. seems like she doesnt have high interest level

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plus whats with all the emoticons? that sh!t is whack if overused, makes u seem to invested..

in general text game is hit or miss,

hit: if she already has high interest level

miss: if she doesnt have high IL - in fact if she doesnt have high IL text game might make her less interested..

only game her in person if you want to have any chance of raising her interest level - in person game is far more powerful

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You screwed up, move on. Right when you drop the "date" line you lost her, you probably shocked her or freaked her out. Never mention crap like that to women until they bring it up first. Telling some girl you just started gaming that you want to date her comes off as desperate.

Chill with the emoticons too.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mcrich114 said:
Long story short I was gaming this girl through text when this came up-

Me: Damn, ice skating, dancing, gymnastics, anything you cant do? 0_0

Her: Fly. And ride a bike...

Me: Well thats a deal breaker. Sorry, I only date girls who fly and/or ride bikes. :p

Her: Who said I wanted to date you?

Me: common sense
that's what I'd have said.

"logic" or "you did" followed by "in your mind" might also work

what you said was fine too except for the whole "i'm just kidding" part

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNiceGuy23 said:
You screwed up, move on. Right when you drop the "date" line you lost her, you probably shocked her or freaked her out. Never mention crap like that to women until they bring it up first. Telling some girl you just started gaming that you want to date her comes off as desperate.

Chill with the emoticons too.
do you have a PHD in jumping to conclusions?

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like others have said....no emoticons, you're a man not a b!tch.

and the "oh please, what girl doesn't want to date me?" was fine, but you definitely killed it with the "aha just kidding"

In general, make it a rule to not say "haha" or "aha" or "lol" or "lmao" or anything like that. And don't say "just kidding". That makes it seem like you're apologizing for something...

Don't game girls through text. Texting should be primarily for logistics only. Setting up dates, confirming, etc.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
do you have a PHD in jumping to conclusions?
Ask anybody who's been in the game for awhile. You never show your cards to a woman, especially when it's as new as this scenario. If a girl came up to you and 5 minutes into your conversation was talking about becoming your girlfriend, would you be fine with that?

You come off as desperate and easy if you're talking about dating someone you don't even really know yet. I would think "What is wrong with her she doesn't know anything about me yet but she wants to be my girlfriend?" It's desperate, sorry you can't see that.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNiceGuy23 said:
Ask anybody who's been in the game for awhile. You never show your cards to a woman, especially when it's as new as this scenario. If a girl came up to you and 5 minutes into your conversation was talking about becoming your girlfriend, would you be fine with that?

You come off as desperate and easy if you're talking about dating someone you don't even really know yet. I would think "What is wrong with her she doesn't know anything about me yet but she wants to be my girlfriend?" It's desperate, sorry you can't see that.
It depends on the frame. It doesn't have to be real.