Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

did i deserve to get ''dumped'' for this?

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating this girl for 3 weeks now. We had instant chemistry from the start and i kissed her the first night we met at a party. We had a lot of fun together ever since.

Last week, we both went to a house party and i also invited some friends who were supposed to just drop by for 30 minutes and then leave me alone with her. Unfortunately, just one girl friend of mine showed up and she decided to stay the whole night at the party with me and the other girl, kinda messing up my plans.

This girl friend of mine has been liking me for as long as i can remember, and i never liked her back. However, i recently told her that i might sleep with her if she wants, but i that i cannot offer her a relationship because i dont feel the chemistry. I guess she accepted, cuz last week at the party she was all over me dancing with me and wanting to kiss me.

So there i was, at the house party, with the girl who always liked me and the girl i was dating (let's call her ''my girl''). I danced with both individually, and sometimes with both simultaneously, just having fun knowing they both digged me. I was kissing my girl from time to time... And at one moment the other girl decided she wanted some action too and kissed me. I kissed back, in front of my girl who was sitting down behind us, thinking that i was not yet exclusive with her so it wouldn't be a big deal.

After the party, i spent the night at my girl's place and we had fun. The next day she told me that the fact that i kissed the other girl made her uncomfortable and she didnt like that. I said i was sorry, and she did her best to forgive me. A bit later, she asked me if i wanted to be her boyfriend, to what i told her that i needed a bit more time since i've just come out of a long 2 year relationship but that i liked her and enjoyed spending time with her, and she said okay.

In the following couple of days, she kept on asking me questions about my girl friend that i kissed at the party and she started to make me regret kissing her. I appologised, realising that it was indeed a stupid thing to kiss a girl i was not even interested in, in front of a girl i saw a lot of potential with.

Two days ago, just when i thought my girl and i were cool and over the incident, she sent me a series of text messages telling me that she thought more about it and she decided that she shouldn't see me anymore. She said that she had standards and that she should have respected them and she should have ended our dating as soon as she saw me kiss the other girl, but for some reason she didnt act immediately.

I then told her that her decision hurts me, but i respect her choice. I told her that i thought we had something special and that we could have been really happy together, and that it's not my style to kiss random girls like that, since i have good values, but that i made a mistake and that can happen because i'm human.

Anyway, this is my story for this week. I'd appreciate any comments, flaming, or suggestions on it. Thanks guys!

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flyinshark said:
I said i was sorry
That was your one mistake in the whole situation. Besides that, you were golden. You should NOT have apologized. First of all, you did NOTHING wrong. You two were NOT exclusive. You made NO committment to her prior to kissing that other girl. So you did nothing wrong.

It upset her? Big deal. That's HER problem. You fell into the AFC trap of trying to win approval of the girl that you are after. By apologizing to her for nothing, all you are doing is showing her that you're a wuss who will obey her every desire if it means winning her over. You basically handed her all the power, when you had it in the beginning!!! Dumb move!!

How you should have played it, is firstly and most importantly, NOT apologized. Then remind her that you two made no committments to each other yet. Tell her that you like to check all your options and seeing who you may have chemistry with until you are in a committed relationship. She would either be too insecure and walk away, or (most likely) her interest in you will sky-rocket seeing that you DON'T NEED her and she will ask you to be exclusive. By apologizing, you showed her the opposite and she acted according.

Sorry mate...it may not be totally over....but you have some AFC to beat out of you. :trouble:

And please remember:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER apologize to a girl unless you accidentily killed her dog, cat, family member, friend, etc.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to say that was a big **** up on your part. Non - exclusive does not mean that you kiss another girl in front of her!!! How would you have felt if she had done the same thing? A girl is ok with being non exclusive in her head. You gotta keep other girls out of sight. Her SEEING you kissing a girl is major sign of disrespect to her.

In my own case, I'm currently dating a girl for 3 - 4 weeks atm. 2 weeks ago, I went home with a different girl on a night out. However, I don't tell my girl that, I wouldn't have hooked up with that girl had the girl I was dating been there. If you want to hook up with other girls, do it when your girl is not there!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. tell her i said it isnt fair and see if she gets back with you
2. dont apologize for it, you didnt know where the two of you stood
3. She is obviously insecure, you can use this to your advantage

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter whether you deserved to or not. Fact is, you did. Move on and don't worry bout her. Better off without her by the sounds of it.

juslen

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are seeing a girl for 3 weeks. Don't kiss another girl in front of her. If you want a relationship, and she doesn't. Hell don't even kiss a girl in front of her. But don't make it seem as if she is the only one for you. Hang out with other girls and see what other options you have. Be confident, and keep her guessing.

If she wants a relationship, and you don't. Then you simply let her know that. Keep that going until she either gives up, or until she goes crazy over you. Eventually though you have to make a decision. Dating multiple women only works for so long. Of course the attitude of "well what she doesn't know wont hurt her" seems to be a common attitude in many threads. But honestly.. thats just playing a game that sooner or later will end.

I don't know.. i have to put myself in her shoes for a second. I would be pissed if the girl i wanted was making out with another guy. Hell she would be old news if that happened. And guess what, her low self esteem wasn't low enough for her to keep pursuing you. So she did what was best.. she moved on. Now its time for you to do the same.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i expected to get flamed for appologizing to her.

Then there are a couple of you guys who agree that kissing the other girl was a horrible thing to do, and i agree. I think that's okay to do only when you wanna fool around and you want nothing serious, but in this case, i actually really liked this girl i was dating, and i still do.

Since i felt like i hurt her, i thought i would appologize. She did ask me to become exclusive with her, AFTER i appologized. So, i guess she didnt lose her respect for me there because i said i was sorry.

Now there's just a bit more to this story. Her ex-bf, who is now dating her best friend, really doesnt like me. He was supposed to go watch a movie 2 weeks ago with this girl i'm seeing, but she invited me as well, and he didnt show up anymore. He told me i was stupid for not refusing the invitation, and that i should have thought about how that made him feel. He's an extremely insecure guy.

Anyway, he has been talking a lot with this girl i'm dating, and surely he has poisonned her mind telling her she shouldn't be seeing me. I think it kinda worked, because i feel he influenced her into thinking about dumping me.

I talked with the girl again today and she said she needs some time to think of all this, away from her ex-bf, proving that he has had an influence on her. It's like a stupid triangle, and i dont know how all this will get sorted out.

I like this girl, and i'm pretty sure she likes me too. Her girl friend and friend of mine confirmed this yesterday, and today she told me that we remind her of romeo and julliet, with parents (i.e. my girl's ex-boyfriend) who dont want us to date. Given this comparison, i assume that she wants me too, for otherwise my friend would not have came up with this comparison just for the heck of it.

I'll keep you guys posted if you are interested, and i remain open to your comments.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
keep kissing other girls. They all will love you for it. Just play dumb ,"oh I didn't think you were serious"

but don't go saying sorry and all this crap. She put you on a guilt trip. She is infact the wh0re in this situation.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
She broke up because you said sorry and acted AFC, not because you kissed the other girl. Always keep cool about it, if you're not exclusive! The worst thing was that you said she hurt you feelings and you respected her choice etc. 3 weeks man? you shouldnt have feelings this early on, and especially not talk about it with her!

Now it was better if you hadn't kissed the other girl if she was around.. but its nothing to appologize for. Just learn from it for the future, it'll spare you a lot of bullshyt from them.

Dude, you were alone with two chicks.. and kissed both of them. Some alcohol, them getting comfortable.. you could have a threesome :rolleyes:

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flyinshark said:
Now there's just a bit more to this story. Her ex-bf, who is now dating her best friend, really doesnt like me. He was supposed to go watch a movie 2 weeks ago with this girl i'm seeing, but she invited me as well, and he didnt show up anymore. He told me i was stupid for not refusing the invitation, and that i should have thought about how that made him feel. He's an extremely insecure guy.
So you're stupid for accepting the invitation, but he's not stupid for dating his ex's best friend? I really want to b1tch slap this tard.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an update.. I met my chick yesterday and she has really high interest despite having tried to break up with me a few days ago. I spent the night at her place last night and we fooled around till 5:30 in the morning.

I'm pretty sure we're back on track because everything she did yesterday showed me that she was really into me.

As a side note, i would like to say that this site has helped me tremendously in my dating game. My confidence has been super high now for a few months, and i feel like i'm in God mode sometimes. I feel like no matter how bad i behave, girls will still be desperate to be with me, and this feeling rocks!

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vorbis said:
I'd have to say that was a big **** up on your part. Non - exclusive does not mean that you kiss another girl in front of her!!! How would you have felt if she had done the same thing? A girl is ok with being non exclusive in her head. You gotta keep other girls out of sight. Her SEEING you kissing a girl is major sign of disrespect to her.

In my own case, I'm currently dating a girl for 3 - 4 weeks atm. 2 weeks ago, I went home with a different girl on a night out. However, I don't tell my girl that, I wouldn't have hooked up with that girl had the girl I was dating been there. If you want to hook up with other girls, do it when your girl is not there!

EXACTLY!!! Perfect advice.

Shark: No offense but if you couldn't see how that was a massively retarded move on your part, then you've got a lot to learn. I get that you two weren't exclusive, but obviously that doesn't give you the ticket to hook-up right in front of her. Dancing, flirting etc that's cool, but you can't kiss another girl when your at a party with one of your main options.

You completely deserved to get dumped for it and this girl showed incredible self-respect by walking away from you just like that. The main issue this created is trust. Had you two eventually become exclusive, she would've never trusted you when you went out without her and this would have caused a boat-load of fights over silly stuff.

Learn from it and move on, but whatever you do DO NOT CONTACT HER!! She might be impressed with your ability to give her space and come back to you down the line. For now, work on other girls.

PIMP

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Good recovery. My only advice would not to be so stupid next time. If your going to make out with another girl in front of her, don't do it with a girl you don't even like. Why risk pissing her off for a girl you don't really want to fvck? Where is that going to get you?

You have to step up your game and let her chase you now. She knows your a prize, you have to keep acting that way. How old are you? How old is she? The next thing you have to do is fvck her, not just make out with her till 5:30 am unless your still in High School.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flyinshark said:
Just an update.. I met my chick yesterday and she has really high interest despite having tried to break up with me a few days ago.
It seems that despite a bit of AFC apologizing, that kiss with the other girl still shook her up....and the result is her interest level stays up. She knows she has competition, so she steps it up a bit. Shaking girls up is how you keep them interested. It is the AFC, who is very normal and boring that gets them to lose interest.

PLEASE, PLEASE remember what I am going to say right now, because it can be applied to different situations and still holds true:

She got mad at first because her LOGIC was in control at that instant. Her logic was telling her that you were "betraying" her by kissing another girl. However, we all know that women's emotions tend to take over and override logic. So by kissing that other girl, her EMOTIONS went up and down and THAT is how you really solidify attraction in a woman. You take their emotions for a rollercoaster ride.

I will stand firm in saying that kissing the other girl is probably the best thing you could have done to build attraction until now. The problem is that YOU got to stand firm too or else it will lose its effect. Sorry to all these people saying how it is a bad idea if you want a relationship with, but you guys obviously don't have field experience in this area.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
[...]
So by kissing that other girl, her EMOTIONS went up and down and THAT is how you really solidify attraction in a woman. You take their emotions for a rollercoaster ride. [...]
TillTheEndOfTime, i kinda knew what you told me, but i appreciate you repeating it. I will always keep that in mind in the future.

MacAvoy, you asked for our ages. I'm 22, she's 20. And we did have sex, although not mind-blowing sex. Lots of foreplay, that's why i said we "fooled around":)

So, to summarize what the majority of you said:
- keep kissing other girls, but not in front of a girl im interested in (TillTheEndOfTime suggests i should kiss them IN FRONT of the girl)
- keep flirting with other girls in front of a girl i like, but NOT kiss them
- if i kiss another girl again, i must not apologize to my girl afterwards

Sounds good!

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't agree with kissing girls in front of her. However, I'd reckon the not apologising part is key. I've seen it time and again with friends. The real naturals **** up with something and just don't apologise.

The girl gets mad at them, calls them names and stuff and the guy just brushes it off. After that, though its all back to normal. With guys who do apologise, you can see the girl's respect for the guy to nosedive. Its completely ****ed up but then again who said women weren't ****ed up :)