Desert Fox's Transformation Journal

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason my thread wasn't created, but I'm going to start this journal here to track my progress.

GOAL: Look like a Spartan

160-170 lbs
10-12% bodyfat

CURRENT:

185-188 lbs
~20-25% bodyfat (estimate based on a scale)

DIET:

Meal 1: Eggs + Milk + Cereal + Fruit
Meal 2: not sure about this one
Meal 3: Salad + Lots of grilled chicken breast
Meal 4: not sure about this one
Meal 5: Salad + Lots of grilled chicken breast

I'm in college so I don't know what to do about the portable means since the dining halls are only open for a few hours and I'm in class about 8 hours a day including laboratory classes. Any advice is appreciated. The dorm room also has no cooking tools other than a knife, fork, and spoons. I have a few disposable bowls as well so I guess I can make some tuna, but I gotta go buy that sometime. More ideas welcome.

ROUTINE:

Week 1:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday -Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

Warm up sets:
2 sets of Workout A or B
Set 1 - 50% weight
Set 2 - 75% weight

Workout A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
3x10 Weighted Slow Decline Sit-ups

Workout B:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay or Bent Rows
2x8 Chin-ups

Every week make it a goal to increase each of your lifts by 2.5%

Alright I will probably be hurting the first few weeks, so this week I'm going to scout the gym and find the best times to go workout, getting supplies, finding time in my school schedule, etc. Then next week I will start lifting and beginning this routine.

Last edited:

Killer Six Pac

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome goal. Interesting too because since I watched 300 I've also been aspiring to look like a spartan :p. Everytime I work out I imagine it.

Also it would be nice if you would post what your current weight and bodyfat are. And i'm assuming current, diet and routine are blank because you don't do anything?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and links Quagmire. I will probably check my progress every month like those threads said.

Current is updated. I don't "look fat" right now, but I feel weak as hell and it's flabby if you poke me. :( I need more muscle. I used to be an obese kid and lost a lot of weight in high school, but I didn't lose weight the right way (I just ran miles and miles) and became a skinny kid. Then I ate terribly and became a skinny fat kid. So now I am going to lose weight the right way.

Diet/Routine coming soon after I read up.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck brother

We will be scrutinizing your every action! I also recommend all of the links that Quagmire911 posted.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Don't trust scales for bf, they are generally way off.
Yeah it's all I have though. I don't want to pay for a professional body fat test. I think if I measure my BF under the same conditions every time and it goes down, then I'm all good because I just want to see some improvement.

Updated routine and meal plan. I need a lot of help on the meal plan. I have a bunch of nuts in my cupboard that I can bring with me to class in a baggy. I also can get some whey protein because I have milk too. I just need a shaker. Hmmm last thing I need, which is most important is to actually stick to this workout schedule so the protein can actually be used for something.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shakes are 3 raw eggs+two scoops of whey+water, milk will more than likely cause indigestion and will be a lot more likely to lead to fat gain, not muscle gain.

And you don't need a bf test or anything like that, the only thing that matters is how it looks in the mirror. This is the best tracker off all. Makesure to take some pictures right at the start and then once a month or so.

At this stage measuring your waist circumference and doing that once every two weeks would probably work well too.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Shakes are 3 raw eggs+two scoops of whey+water, milk will more than likely cause indigestion and will be a lot more likely to lead to fat gain, not muscle gain.

And you don't need a bf test or anything like that, the only thing that matters is how it looks in the mirror. This is the best tracker off all. Makesure to take some pictures right at the start and then once a month or so.

At this stage measuring your waist circumference and doing that once every two weeks would probably work well too.
Hmm good call on that. Yeah I'll need to get some whey. All this stuff seems impossible without whey.

I also need to start sleeping better because I don't wake up early enough to get a good big breakfast in on most days.

I'll use this week to really discipline myself and update this thread with my sleeping schedule. I'll try to get in the sack by 12AM latest.