Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Delete your Facebook for 30 days, loser.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah I think its funny that the younger people are the more they have a problem with it. Older people really use it just to connect with friends and contacts. Younger people play out their whole social lives on there. So I could see how not participating could be a double edge sword. On one hand it keeps you a mystery, someone just can't go and read up on your whole life. On the other hand it can work against you as you've effectively made yourself a social outcast, the digital equivalent of sitting alone at lunch. I suppose that depends on how you are in the real world and how the girl percieves you.

Personally, I don't date from my facebook. it's just for business and friends.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
j0n24 said:
Or the blog in your sig. :rock:
When you've changed men's lives, and steered them towards success, you'll be allowed to piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.

Keep following the herd.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive deactivated my fb the other day after my ''gf'' broke up with me i have no plans in the imediate future to reactivate it.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been inactive for 1 year, then ½ year ago i reactivated it, and now i am wasting all of my time in there.. it sucks.

I will definatly try this method

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd really prefer a blog (with pics, statuses, helpful info) whatever than Facebook.

I hardly use it, but 30 days is a piece of cake. Try MONTHS OP, I'd log on now and again, maybe twice every 2 weeks and deactivate, wash, rinse, repeat.

I've gotten into the Affiliate Marketing buis, so I'd need to be on Facebook alot more than usual now, thats my ONLY reason. Plus I use it for updates on my MMA Gym Classes (as they reguarly have different schedules or change class dates).

Noodles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's the age thing...but this thread doesn't make sense to me.

Why delete Facebook? I've got a lot of friends that either still 'work' in weird countries, or are spread out around the UK. I like to use it to keep up with what's happening with them and sharing photos etc. I have around 30 friends. I see each of them at least once a year (sometimes travelling abroad to do so). If I don't then I wouldn't have added them.

I don't understand why you guys add random people, or why anyone thinks that Facebook is an aid to chatting up women. Women are everywhere...just go and talk to them. Be funny. Be charming. Do it right and they let you 'poke' them for real.

I use Facebook as a kind of private forum between my close friends and I. Isn't that what it's for? You might as well say delete email, the Internet or TV. Develop some self control, visit the gym, meet new people. You might even make some friends. Then you can add them on Facebook.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate facebook it's full of drama and negativity. I just told my ex that she put everything negative I do on her face book and anything positve I do she downplays.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Noodles said:
Maybe it's the age thing...but this thread doesn't make sense to me.

Why delete Facebook? I've got a lot of friends that either still 'work' in weird countries, or are spread out around the UK. I like to use it to keep up with what's happening with them and sharing photos etc. I have around 30 friends. I see each of them at least once a year (sometimes travelling abroad to do so). If I don't then I wouldn't have added them.

I don't understand why you guys add random people, or why anyone thinks that Facebook is an aid to chatting up women. Women are everywhere...just go and talk to them. Be funny. Be charming. Do it right and they let you 'poke' them for real.

I use Facebook as a kind of private forum between my close friends and I. Isn't that what it's for? You might as well say delete email, the Internet or TV. Develop some self control, visit the gym, meet new people. You might even make some friends. Then you can add them on Facebook.
There is hope.

Nicely stated Brother.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe Zuckerberg isn't selling; he has a standing offer of fifty billion dollars! Not bad for something you made in a dorm room!

He's out there talking about how facebook is going to conquer the world and blah blah blah, I think he needs to realize he's doing business in the biggest fad market there is, the E-sphere. Here today, gone tomorrow. I think there's a good chance that five years from now, you wouldn't be caught dead on facebook (remember myspace?) and Suckerberg won't be able to give it away.

Sometimes success is based on fickle and cyclical trends, and many would have been better to sell at the peak than ride it all the way down to oblivion.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive never made one, and now I find it interesting how some of my friends and girls I meet make it their mission to make me join. Every new girl thinks "she will be the one" that will convince me to start an account

Non of them have a chance..

Zenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well pal, facebook got me laid many times... Other than that, everything that consumes our time and is not productive must be left behind.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
I can't believe Zuckerberg isn't selling; he has a standing offer of fifty billion dollars! Not bad for something you made in a dorm room!

He's out there talking about how facebook is going to conquer the world and blah blah blah, I think he needs to realize he's doing business in the biggest fad market there is, the E-sphere. Here today, gone tomorrow. I think there's a good chance that five years from now, you wouldn't be caught dead on facebook (remember myspace?) and Suckerberg won't be able to give it away.

Sometimes success is based on fickle and cyclical trends, and many would have been better to sell at the peak than ride it all the way down to oblivion.
Everyone also said the same thing when he was offered only millions of dollars and then again at 1 or 2 billion and if he had listened to those people he would have been underchanged. Its his risk if he thinks his company is worth more than $50billion but then again he's the one who led a dorm room project to billions of dollars not you or I.

Plus Facebook is making sure that its relevant, do you see websites like cracked.com, cnn.com, blogspot, theonion.com, newyorktimes.com and many other websites are all offering Facebook connectivity, making it convenient not to have to make a new account for every website and just use your facebook account for all of them. It's actually pretty genius.

Also how facebook constantly changes its layout, people hate it at first but they never get tired of having one layout forever.

Say what you want about facebook being bad for game or life (which I can agree with to some extent), but the leaders of facebook are extremely clever business people. I don't think facebook will die out as fast as myspace, maybe one day, but probably not even in the next three years.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vkontakte, bigmir, and a few face accounts for me. Facebook is much too "Anglo' for my tastes. I run away from the Anglo herd. Here is the message in this post - BE UNIQUE. Write that down. You can thank me later.

I also like how on facebook every American and British female looks thin! It is amazing. I gotta hand it to the Anglo broads. They do know how to hide their true selfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFgfPJGYeI
Amazing what you get from countries with around 20% unemployment, abusive males, world's highest suicide rates, and no middle class. Facebook? Uh, I think not! Go ahead and hate me. You know you would be me if you could!

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have a handful of people in Facebook, close friends. But I never use it. I would never add women I am dating, because then they would see each other. Also, what if the girl you are dating turns out to be a vindictive flake; she will know the names of your friends through Facebook, and who knows what she will write to them. There are other issues too. I have some people I want to keep in contact with in MSN instead, where I can send a message or some link now and then. That is how I keep in touch with some people from a town I used to live with.

I guess Facebook has its uses though, if you use it wisely - like some say here, use it for work or for friends you don't meet often. But just not for adding anyone you see. It seems many girls will add just about anyone, to rack up a long "Friends" list, which they think equals social status. It is all about being SEEN and being HEARD to them. Showing that they are PART of things, and have lots of people to BACK THEM UP, etc. Women have always survived through other people, ever since the Stone Age, and Facebook seems like a tool geared perfectly toward women - and the men who want to chase them.

The rule with anything online, whether Facebook or MSN or email, is: if you have a girl added, don't write a lot and often. She will have lots of guys trying to get her attention. Have you ever seen an attractive girl sitting by her computer with MSN Messenger activated? Windows pop up with "Hello!" from guys all the time, and the girl ignores them. Maybe she writes "hello" back after a while. "i was afk". Don't be that guy.

BigJimbo said:
vkontakte, bigmir, and a few face accounts for me. Facebook is much too "Anglo' for my tastes. I run away from the Anglo herd. Here is the message in this post - BE UNIQUE. Write that down. You can thank me later.

I also like how on facebook every American and British female looks thin! It is amazing. I gotta hand it to the Anglo broads. They do know how to hide their true selfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcFgfPJGYeI
Amazing what you get from countries with around 20% unemployment, abusive males, world's highest suicide rates, and no middle class. Facebook? Uh, I think not! Go ahead and hate me. You know you would be me if you could!
The countries with the highest suicide rates are Belarus, South Korea, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Japan (Korea and Japan because it is part of their honor customs), Russia, Guyana, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, Hungary, Latvia, Slovenia, Serbia and Montenegro, Finland, Belgium, Croatia....
The United States is number forty in the list. And the U.S. unemployment rate is far lower than 20 percent. And the U.S., like other Western nations, has a much bigger middle class than most other countries. But thanks for playing, buddy.

Don Alfredo

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as social networking goes, I think you have to learn from experience. I certainly have this as my university was one of the first to sign up to Facebook before it became accessible to all. I have made all these mistakes... A few dos and don'ts:

- Don't poke/hug/slap/throw a sheep at any girl. It shows active interest. Avoid. Even if she pokes you first.

- Don't add people you don't know. Even if they are hot. You just look weird and creepy.

- Don't message people you haven't met in the flesh first. Even if they accept your friend request or they add you as a friend.

- Have your privacy settings high. When you meet a girl, you want to know she has made the effort to find YOU.

- Don't go overboard on the number of sites you have a profile on. I only use Facebook now. I came off MySpace and MSN a few years ago.

- Use Facebook for buddies and school/college friends. Don't use is as a dating tool as it doesn't work. Girls just think you are weird - incidentally, that has happened to me when I first signed up on the site years back.

- Have good spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc... when posting messages or comments if you choose to. Nothing says "stay away" than if you can't spel or rite. *lol*

- Do try and have a few friends on there from school for social proof. You HAVE to know all of them though, or studied/worked with them all at some point.

- Try not to chat up using the chat option. Nothing meets arranging a date or meeting via messages. It also shows that you are not on there ALL day. Your time is of value (well, the perception to others at least).

- Delete negative posts. No-one wants bad kudos. De-friend anyone who uses you or your profile in a negative manner.

Facebook is a good tool for staying in touch with everyone. If I want to message people, I no longer have to have them all in my 'phone and if I fancy messaging for a catch up, I will. They are great to arrange social gatherings as many people just do it there than ring around anymore. It also shows you when it is a friend or an acquaintance's birthday. Big points if you remember birthdays. I have nearly all my old school friends on there and the contacts and networkings I have made through work and my own interests. It is broadly a good thing when used socially (as opposed to a tool to pick up chicks) and we all know social plans and social proof are key. The headlines being made about it are always negative and through a minority. Remember, nothing beats actually meeting people and dates in the flesh rather than sitting behind a keyboard ;)

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F**k facebook I deleted it yesterday, why be part of the masses?