Deflating

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Immediately after a work out I look really good. My muscles are pumped and ripped and I look big. However, I wake up the following morning and I look deflated. I look thinner and the muscles have less definition.

I recently took a week rest period and by the end of the week I looked like I'd lost a load of mass. Yet immediately after resuming my workouts I seemed to "inflate" back into shape.

Can anyone relate to this?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I can. The blood get stuck in your muscles when you work out heavy and you look pumped up. Then when you relax and wait a couple of hours you deflate again and look skinnier.

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats why pro boduilders pump up before entering on stage.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's normal. And as Duke just said, BB'ers always have to pump before going onstage.

I lost 2-3 inches off of my arms when I was ill and wasnt eating much... I've put almost 2 inches back on, so I'm not too bothered.

Just know it's normal.

Try getting a huge pump, then having a cold shower.... makes you look super-big ;)

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, I'm sure everyone can relate to this. It's a muscle pump and happens pretty much whenever you workout. It's a good boost of confidence.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJB.. whats with the pump and cold shower? sounds interesting.. i hopes its notjust "another: one of your fetishes :)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you take a cold shower the skin tightens and the blood in the muscle (aka the pump) get stuck longer so you look inflated. :)

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.

And stop with the less-than-friendly/patronising comments. You're no one on an internet forum so theres no need to try and talk anyone down.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJB... was that for me? if your relating that to my last post to you.... i was being serious... i didnt know about the pump and shower... and the fetish thing was a joke man. lighten up. my bad