DeAngelos 8 persoanlity types that attract women

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read some of David DeAngelo's stuff that I happened upon, and one of the more interesting is his "personality types that attract women". Hopefully some of you have read it and know what I am referring to. Two of the personality types he mentioned are "artist" and "a$$ kisser". However certain aspects of both these personality seem to contradict other things he has said in various articles. He says that if you kiss up to a woman and put her on a pedestal you give away your power and she loses respect for you and dumps you. However, the implications in "8 personality" types is that an a$$ kisser will still have some success with women if he becomes a sycophant. DeAngelo says an artist personality works because the artist is in "need of understanding" and the woman feel she must "fix" him, because the artist is emotionally messed up (which I personally take offense to, even thought it probably is true LOL). However, this strikes me as the same or similar to being sensitive and emo, the antithesis of the manly tough guy that is supposedly a "real man". I fail to see the fine line between these to "successful" personality types and the needy emotional kind of guy that women are not attracted to? Personally I figure I am somewhere between the adventurer and artist type personalities he mentions.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen both such men in action. The artist, and the a55 kisser, or my old boss. A55 kisser is far from putting women on pedestal, it's sort of different a55 kissing that's going on.

Artist wants things done for him.

A55 kisser falls in the same category as regular guy, submissive, and provider, also she controls him, he is her oriented and courts a woman. A55 kisser gives her whatever she wants. But trust me, he don't have to be nice guy about it.

Artist is in same category as seducer (Hugh's a seducer). She controls him, seduces women, self oriented. From my previous observation of an Artist, I wouldn't say she controlled him, but I wasn't observing directly, rather spending time with both of them separately.

The point of this DD's article, and I had to adopt it as my true reality for sometime before I could realize this. It's a big leap of faith, but thus far, everything PUA related been true to the T. The point is, that most of us want to be a bad boy, controls her, seduces women.

Far from that, not all of us can be under that umbrella, without faking it, or without being happy. If you truly honest with yourself, chances are you won't be a bad boy nor adventurer, but something else entirely.

It is DD's theory, that if you thrive to be something in particular more, rather than a few aspects of successful dudes and unsuccessful dudes, you will attract more women.

Here are some unsuccessful types:

? Hippie (Careless about grooming and clothing)
? Nerd (Not socially educated or charming)
? Redneck ('nuff said)
? Prejudice, Ignorant and Proud (again, speaks for itself)
? Insecure and Needy (Clingy and smothering physically and emotionally)
? Afraid man (Won't take risks in life and go for it)
? Mommy's boy (Needs mom's approval for everything, won't grow up)
? Argument man (Argues with everything all the time)
? Unattractive on purpose (This can work if you like women who are the
same)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading that a while ago. As for your question about needy, artist types they may not be considered DJs but they do successfully get the attention of women because of the reasons you stated. Now the question is whether or not they can keep the women interested and are the types of women who are attracted to them actually the types of women that a DJ would have interest.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good question, I seem to attract women that have psychological issues. The thing it I am not a natural DJ/Bad boy, I have to fake it if I do this, and I can only carry on like that for so long. If we go by the premise of these personality types I do think that I am part adventurer as well. I like to fly airplanes, ski, snowboard, scuba dive, travel to exotic countries, the more exotic different the better, hiking, mountaineering, etc. I actually get bored and depressed if I don't do new and exciting things to stimulate my mind, so I don't think I like adventure to impress women, it is truly part of who I am. I would also have much of the artist personality in me, and in fact I am an artist, well, graphic designer and photographer. I think overall my personality would most closely match that of a National Geographic photographer or something along those lines. I am also an intellectual thinker type, I don't say this to brag, but I do seem to think about things and philosophize more than the average person. I don't think being an intellectual/thinker is relevant to attracting women, but I could be wrong.