Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with "the perfect husband"

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question for the board.

The situation: a girl I went on a date with recently at some point started talking about some guy she knows from her old job across the country who, she claimed, is the best thing since sliced bread. Supposedly the guy is rugged, honest, faithful to his wife despite routinely getting hit on by other women, a great father, and in general "the best husband ever".

When she brought this dude up and started gushing about him, I thought I'd just keep quiet and let her finish her random story about this guy, and then we'd move on. But no, she kept going on about this guy for at least 10 minutes. I barely got a word in.

First off, yes, I realize this probably indicates very low IL on her part.

My question: do you guys have any suggestions for some kind of comeback for this kind of scenario where a girl starts gushing about another dude? Evidently just keeping quiet isn't very effective, but I couldn't come up with anything better.

Thanks,
d0g

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The next time she mentions him, just say "I have to be honest. He sounds a little boring." Then change the subject.

If she keeps bringing him up again, it's a red flag that either she wants to hook up with that guy, she wants to find a puppy dog like him that she can control, or that this is a sh!t test to see how you will react.

AlphaGhost

Don Juan
Reaction score
That a red flag, i'd just tell her firmly "he sounds cool, but your out with me now" and just change the subject to something else.

she could just be doing that to try to belittle you sub consciously (look its working) chicks like to do stuff like that, just be the man that controls the flow of the convo

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uncharted said:
she wants to find a puppy dog like him that she can control.
really?

This "puppy dog" sounds like a happily married Don Juan to me.

He has made a life for himself, found a wife that HE WANTS (obviously he chose her if he's routinely getting hit on) and started a family.

So little wonder she's rabbiting on about him - The thing that makes a DON JUAN so special is that WE ARE RARE. therefore its no surprise to me that this little girl is bowled over in awe of him - She's never seen one before!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
say Uncharted you pretty much belittle him a little to change subject and alphaghost toss a compliment to change subject,

so the question is belittle others would show you are jealous or annoyed by him? or it don't matter as long you just move on and make her stop talking about the dude?

d0g

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the "Wow, I thought you got all this schitt out of your system last time" line, if there's a repeat performance. That should get a reaction!

Cheers,
d0g

Sir_Laid_A_Lot

Don Juan
Reaction score
d0g said:
Hi guys,

I have a question for the board.

The situation: a girl I went on a date with recently at some point started talking about some guy she knows from her old job across the country who, she claimed, is the best thing since sliced bread. Supposedly the guy is rugged, honest, faithful to his wife despite routinely getting hit on by other women, a great father, and in general "the best husband ever".

When she brought this dude up and started gushing about him, I thought I'd just keep quiet and let her finish her random story about this guy, and then we'd move on. But no, she kept going on about this guy for at least 10 minutes. I barely got a word in.

First off, yes, I realize this probably indicates very low IL on her part.

My question: do you guys have any suggestions for some kind of comeback for this kind of scenario where a girl starts gushing about another dude? Evidently just keeping quiet isn't very effective, but I couldn't come up with anything better.

Thanks,
d0g
In a way she DISRESPECTED you when she kept on rambling about the other guy. You are right her IL in you is very low. When they have a HIGH IL the only guy they talk about is you. They will ask questions to get more information about you. When she started talking about the other guy what you should have done is changed the subject immediately when you had an opening. I am sure she didn't continuously go rambling UNLESS YOU LET HER.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, you've got this all wrong. You don't need to belittle the guy or compliment him or make any comments on his character in general. Why would you comment on someone you've never even met?

The correct response to this kind of BS...actually, any kind of BS that a woman may throw at you, is to turn it against her and put her on the defensive. I would say something like "wow, you've got quite a crush on Mr. Perfect Husband...too bad he's not single, huh?" She would either laugh at this or try to explain/qualify herself. In either event, BS gets deflected and you win.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"seems like a little version of mysfelf "
say something that will make him great , but still beneath you

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- "Cool! Sounds like a really great guy."
- "Yeah."
- "Hey, listen. Here's $30 for the tab and taxi. I gotta get going..."

Leave and never see her again. Then do as my signature says:

casaanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
d0g said:
You should've gotten up and left her. It's a futile situation, she's either banging the husband or she wants to bang him (and every other guy she meets will be LJBF'ed or pushed to the side). She basically just used you for the free meal

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You're really boring me right now." Then change subject. She should get the hint.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never chase a girl who has her mind set on someone else. Even if all she does is ***** and claim to hate them. If her focus isn't on you, and she isn't pursuing, talking about, or missing you - get out. None of that comparison crap.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd suggest peeing in a cup out of her sight

drop a couple of ice cubes

then hand her a nice cup of *lemonade* :)

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
The correct response to this kind of BS...actually, any kind of BS that a woman may throw at you, is to turn it against her and put her on the defensive. I would say something like "wow, you've got quite a crush on Mr. Perfect Husband...too bad he's not single, huh?" She would either laugh at this or try to explain/qualify herself. In either event, BS gets deflected and you win.
I like this- it's the type of comment I would make. Humour is always good because it shows you don't care (which ideally should actually be true). It is the class way to handle disrespect.

You don't want to get angry with this stuff.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
d0g said:
10 minutes?

10 second mark should be when you interrupt and say "that's great but I'm going to look for pubic wigs on ebay, I believe they call them merkins"

10 minutes listening to chick drivel is 10 minutes gone forever, you will never get it back.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
"You're really boring me right now." Then change subject. She should get the hint.
this sounds like good advice to me. I've seen this happen some, and that's one thing that should diffuse this cr@p.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, when I was younger I wouldn't even dream of saying such a thing. I thought something like that would blow any chance I had with a woman. But I found that women are actively looking for a man to put her in her place and set boundaries.

Virtually every woman I've ever been serious with in the past 5 years has said, "Atom Smasher, I love how you set boundaries and enforce them. That is so rare in a man." I just heard it last Saturday on the phone from a chick I just met online.

If she's talking about nonsense just tell her she's boring you, but you MUST start engaging her in something else immediately for it to work. It demonstrates boldness, fearlessness, that you consider yourself higher value than her (critically important), and it trains her to avoid talking about stupid things like exe's.

I know I'm going all over the place again with my aging tongue that loves to wag, but remember, guys... Every woman desperately wants and needs you to be higher value than her. She cannot be attracted otherwise.

Don't allow her to talk about things that make you uncomfortable or that are designed to make you jealous. Take COMMAND. She will almost certainly appreciate it, and if she doesn't, she was never worth your time to begin with.

asa_don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL. You sat there ten minutes listening to her yap about some other guy?

Why didn't you change the subject or leave?

In the middle of her yapping you should of said you were going to the restroom and then leave. That would shut her up.

I don't understand why guys put up with this stuff from women.