Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with rejection requires emotional control

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a long time.

I've come to hear this from a friend of mine the other day who works in the sales profession. He told me this, rejection is part of life in sales and should be taken as nothing serious. I tried to adapt his attitude when it comes to dealing with women but it didn't work. I believed that how we see ourselves today reflects a lot about our past experiences.

Constant rejection from girls will shape a negative self concept about yourself making you feel unworthy, and with low self esteem. Getting angry over this could make things ugly. Is there a way for us to learn about emotional control, poise in any situation so we don't have to feel bad, upset, guilty or anything no matter what happens to us? Are there any books which are related to emotional control so it will make you look good in front of adversity?

Pls advice, thx

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Develop the "i don't give a f%%k mentality and i can guarantee you won't need to read any books for motivation or inspiration(regarding your post that is).

I use to have a bad attitude when it came to rejection. I have good looks, and i use to depend on them. I believed that i could get by on my looks alone Ex. Stand in a bar with my finger up my a$$ and have women flock to me). Needless to say i changed my perspective and overall attitude when the only action i was getting was from my hand.

A big wake up call for me, was having people close to me die. When you look at them laying in state inside of a casket, you realize life is short and to seize everyday and opportunity.

Read my post titled "realize".

icecreaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IntermediateDonJuaner
Hi guys, it's been a long time.

I've come to hear this from a friend of mine the other day who works in the sales profession. He told me this, rejection is part of life in sales and should be taken as nothing serious. I tried to adapt his attitude when it comes to dealing with women but it didn't work. I believed that how we see ourselves today reflects a lot about our past experiences.

Constant rejection from girls will shape a negative self concept about yourself making you feel unworthy, and with low self esteem. Getting angry over this could make things ugly. Is there a way for us to learn about emotional control, poise in any situation so we don't have to feel bad, upset, guilty or anything no matter what happens to us? Are there any books which are related to emotional control so it will make you look good in front of adversity?

Pls advice, thx
Your friend is right. Going after chics is a numbers game, the more you try to pick up the more your sucess rate will be. Also, with every rejection one has to take time and learn from your mistakes, same goes for sales. It also helps if you approach these situations with what tristan22 said. Imagine how easy talking to females would be if you applied all these things.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Dealing with rejection requires emotional control

Originally posted by icecreaman
Your friend is right. Going after chics is a numbers game, the more you try to pick up the more your sucess rate will be. Also, with every rejection one has to take time and learn from your mistakes, same goes for sales. It also helps if you approach these situations with what tristan22 said. Imagine how easy talking to females would be if you applied all these things.
Being a better qualifier gives you better odds. Consider a guy playing the numbers game who focuses on quantity. He talks to 20 or so girls and makes headway with two or three. Compare him to a good qualifier who only talks to 6 or 7 women but makes headway with 4 or 5. Less effort with a higher return, easy choice to me.

DJs fire their shots with a sniper's rifle using a single, high caliber bullet and not a 12-gage shotgun filled with buckshot.

Just something to consider... ;)

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a better qualifier gives you better odds.

Care to elaborate? I use to approach things this way, however i always found myself waiting too long and overanalyzing subtle and sometimes ridiculous signs. I've also had females swooning over me, yet later on when i call them they give me the runaround and damn near make it impossible to meet up; hence the not interested scenario....NEXT.

I still get rejected, yet i still approachthe females i'm interested in getting to know regardless of the situation. The sign that has never let me down, is when a girl allows you to make out with her upon first meeting :D

Interesting topic though!

JasonR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when you get rejected you can go 2 ways;

she rejected me because I wasnt good enough for HER or...

she rejected me because she doesnt know how amazing i am, its her loss.

you take the 2nd path and you will be a very happy man.

i have totally "given up" on women now, i dont even try to impress or do anything special, i get rejected ALL THE TIME, but thats all part of it.

how can you measure success if you've never tasted defeat?

alone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JasonR
[B
how can you measure success if you've never tasted defeat? [/B]

I agree. I have Been getting rejected so much these days it hurts Like **** man.... But I think of MJ, Picasso, Einstein , Tupac Bob Marley.....
These are all people that NEVER STOPPED Doing whjat they wanted out Of Life..
I REMEMBER THE ONE THING IN MY LIFE THAT KEPT ME CALM THE ONE THING THAT MAINTAINED ME AND THAT WAS ART. IT WAS HOW I ESCAPED THE MADNESS AROUND ME....\ How I released my frustrations. I would pour out my thoughts on Paper and it Felt good.

B]To the Guy That Started This Thread[/B]
My friend it doesnt matter Do you have a hobby? It doesnt matter what it is but just immerse yourself in it. Everytime you get rejected Compare the rejection to the mistakes you make ias you brush up your skills in your hobby and remember how never the less.. You continued...
Rejection Always hurts It always hurts when we make mistakes But Imagine This
A rock of Raw gold
This is Impure it has to be placed in a furnace to become pure Gold
DOES THE ROCK ENJOY BEING BURNED AT OVER A THOUSAND Degrees Celsius?
No it BURNS LIKE A MOTHERFUCJER
But what is teh end result????
PURE GLIMMERING GOLD
Remeber this when you think of rejection and the mistakes you Make
OK??
Good