Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with male c0ckblock...

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I need some advice on how to deal with a guy friends of mine who has recently been hindering my progress with a girl. He's one of those "straight edge" types (he doesn't drink/smoke, and he gets all up-tight when he's in situations where such activities are occurring around him). I'm friends with him, but whenever I'm at a party with Ms. So-and-so is around, he makes her promise him that she won't drink, etc., which makes it harder for me to escalate things with her. How would you handle this, keeping in mind I'd like to remain friends with the guy but also move things along with the girl?

Thanks.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. she doesn't have to be drunk for you to escalate
2. don't develop oneitis for her

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the above poster said. U'll be in her head even more as u were able to seduce her w/o alcohol. Girls sometimes believe they HAVE to drink alcohol to get seduced, but its our job to get them to a seduced state...so then we'll be that much better of a player.

This will get u better, that she can't drink.

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what you guys said...good advice.

But alcohol makes me feel so sexy! lol I'll give it a shot w/out any...for her at least.

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree...

a) alcohol makes her feel like having fun and puts her in a specific mindset

b) Your friend is an afc I assume? He is screwing you over-ive been there
isolate her or find him ANOTHER GIRL to worry about
(ask yourself why he cares)

c) don't get her super drunk on purpose thats not cool, but if she takes a few down and it makes your job easier then what's the problem?

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does he have a problem with HER drinking?

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, her friend (the other guy) is a straight edge AFC...she's totally into drinking, but doesn't want to make him mad. I'm sure her urge to get freaky with me is greater, however. :rockon:

I don't have oneitis for this girl, as I've been evaluating HER and testing whether or not she's up to my standards. No worries in that department. :)

I will see how it goes.

Thanks for the various input.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always had better results when I went out without the guys... not sure what causes it, or why, but the there was a much better chance when I went out alone.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just AMOG him, make him look like a loser that doesn't wanna drink. This is so easy to do at parties.
Then hand some drinks to your girl. Fvck the guy, If he's screwing me over he ain't my friend.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tell the guy you are trying to hook up with the girl, and if he has a problem with that, then its a game without any rules... and let the best man win.. just make it clear to him that your into the girl and want to try something with her...

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like your buddy has a thing for this girl and no idea what to do about it. You guys need to clear this up.

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe he had a crush on her a while ago, but recently he's been acting like an a$$hole to her, and she knows this. He's either bitter because he introduced me to her and then I basically got further with her than he has despite his knowing her for 10 times as long, or he's over her and is treating her like sh!t for the hell of it.

Either way, I'm in the better position to capitalize on the situation. Thanks for your advice.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Attention

Passively accept his frame. "You better not break that promise" than continue on with trying to pick her up. If he speaks up, accept his frame... "yes, he's right" to her you're being dominant, and he's not taking control. As long as he isn't taking control of the frame (i.e. he is the center of attention because he is annoying, or time seems to slow down as his comment is considered) than the situation can continue along your path.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I experienced this, today even. I have a work "friend" who is married, and with a kid. We've always gotten along, but whenever there is a chick around, who I am talking to, he has to butt in/tries to dominate the conversation. Can't handle women not paying attention to him.

So this is what I've learned, from dealing with this dude over a couple years, and having him try to interfere with EVERY girl I talk to.

****-blockers are INSECURE. They are NEEDY and CLINGY. So, they are like chicks in that sense.

When there are two guys involved, and one girl, and assuming the girl is interested in YOU, the worst thing you can do is get phased by the guy ****-blocking. Do not show your own insecurity by thinking ANY man is better than you. If a girl is not interested in the guy, she will avoid him. She won't encourage him. And if he's trying to take control of the situation, or try to make you look bad or anything, if the girl is into you and has character, she will take care of herself and get you back into the conversation.

I choose not to be that way. If he's talking to a chick, I leave them alone, even though he doesn't have the same class. If he dominates the conversation, I just drift off and let him do his little routine, until everyone gets tired of it. That's not my style, to try to steal attention towards myself. I don't need to. I know that I don't need to compete.

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see...interesting ideas.

Last time she *did* try to keep him around, but only because she knew she would break her promise to not drink with me if he left. ;) That's not what you mean, I know. Just mentioning that she's into drinking and me, but felt obligated to keep a corny promise to her AFC "friend."

She's definitely into me, not him. I'm going to see what goes down this weekend with this tri-dynamic.

Thanks again.