Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating somebody you work with...

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure it has been discussed, if you can find some threads about it just point me to them and that will be enough.

I just started working with this chick I think is super hot and fun to be around. I feel real attracted to her, and maybe she does me or not...you know.

Would it be wise to let this one go, or should I stand up and just try. If it doesn't work or she says naahhh, I have to deal with that when I work.

Would it be better to try and start out as friends and just see what the f<>ck happens.

Your thoughts or suggestions are cool...

Thanks dudzz.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been involved with a girl I've worked with, but I can't see what's wrong with it. Just take a shot and see what happens.

I think people are always looking too far ahead and letting the future guide their decisions in the present. Ok, so the worst case scenario is that you guys date and things get a little awkward at the workplace. You'll get over it eventually when you both get sick of the awkwardness, and you'll just say screw it, and just be cool with each other. It's sort of like breaking up with a girl and becoming cool with her a year later after both of you have cooled off.

I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, just live life one day at a time...

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, two posts and the full spectrum has been covered.

-Thankz

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's just a job you won't have a few years from now anyway, I say go for it. If this is your career, don't risk it.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually like Beck's post, but this one I had to respond to--based on what I've seen in the work place.

Originally posted by becker
I've never been involved with a girl I've worked with, but I can't see what's wrong with it. Just take a shot and see what happens.

That's what I thought once...thrice, actually...

I think people are always looking too far ahead and letting the future guide their decisions in the present.

True enough.

Except here.

I--and many of us here--are looking BACK and we know how bad and hellish it can be.

Ok, so the worst case scenario is that you guys date and things get a little awkward at the workplace.

WORST case--!!!
A LITTLE awkward--!! Ya!!

I formally nominate this for Understatement of the Year award. It can get far, far worse than that.

You'll get over it eventually when you both get sick of the awkwardness,...

And after one of you leaves, most likely...

...and you'll just say screw it, and just be cool with each other...

4 years after the fact, if then...

Seriously--I had one---ONE--office romance out of three go sour (the last one, obviously...) Nothing really happened, it was just hellish and uncomfortable and never changed. Once of us left. Issue ended.

I was lucky.

I work in an employment law office and one important segment of the cases we get in originated as a romance or attempted romance that went sour. And then it snowballed. Someone gets hurt--in fact, it's a rare case where one or both of them don't get hurt--and nasty behavior ensues. Retaliation, adverse job actions, harrassment, discrimination (law office workers can probably rattle of additional causes of action for these) --

--and then the real hell begins once litigation starts.

Last sexual harrassment case I saw---and the woman had a valid point (the guy wouldn't take a hint and then they started seriously fvcking with her career...) meant the company spent close to $300K or more defending the guy and his manager. Th'at's 300K+ (my guess) was spent before settlement.

Wonder how they handled that in the yearly performance review....

I can hear some of the replies to this--I've seen litigants "play the system" with sexual harrassment suits and I've seen people who legitimately had a case. There certainly is a place for such litigation (when not abused..) and has improved the work place.

Since AFCs--mostly--and jerks--often--misread situations and respond or act inappropriately, and some women can handle this and some can't--you simply don't want to risk it. Don't chase it at work unless you're willing to suffer the consequences or lose the job if it goes wrong. Just know how wrong it can go.

...It's sort of like breaking up with a girl and becoming cool with her a year later after both of you have cooled off.

Just sorta...if you're lucky.

I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, just live life one day at a time...

Let's add to that---don't make every obvious mistake that can be avoided, especially when someone points it out to you. It will make that one life you have a better life to live...
If something goes sour in an office / workplace romance, chances are it won't go to litigation.

Chances are:
--it will be extremely uncomfortable between you two.
--it will expand once friends and co-workers (the ones who don't know better) begin taking sides.
--it could and probably will become part of a nasty gossip thread at the office...and believe me, women know how to get the jump on you on this. It'll be started and in full rage before you're aware of anything...
--something could be said to HR, or a manager. They're supposed to do something--like a formal investigation--those are always fun!!--or they'll get nervous and say nothing and then simply not advance you. You've been smeared and silently blacklisted. And it gets around.
--and then maybe something has to be filed with a state agency--with your name on it, and your manager's name, and the company's name, all of which the corporate counsel sees.
--and maybe a lawsuit gets filed.

Or maybe not. Maybe you all agree you weren't made for each other and part as friends.

Roll them dice, you only live once.

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
most companies have rules about dating, like you cant date someone you supervise

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this chick was a babe you worked with and was on your nutz, you'd just be like, no baby...we work together.

I mean, I do understand where you're coming from Tesuque. Probably should be avoided like the plague. Bloody.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TesuqueRed
I usually like Beck's post, but this one I had to respond to--based on what I've seen in the work place.

If something goes sour in an office / workplace romance, chances are it won't go to litigation.

Chances are:
--it will be extremely uncomfortable between you two.
--it will expand once friends and co-workers (the ones who don't know better) begin taking sides.
--it could and probably will become part of a nasty gossip thread at the office...and believe me, women know how to get the jump on you on this. It'll be started and in full rage before you're aware of anything...
--something could be said to HR, or a manager. They're supposed to do something--like a formal investigation--those are always fun!!--or they'll get nervous and say nothing and then simply not advance you. You've been smeared and silently blacklisted. And it gets around.
--and then maybe something has to be filed with a state agency--with your name on it, and your manager's name, and the company's name, all of which the corporate counsel sees.
--and maybe a lawsuit gets filed.

Or maybe not. Maybe you all agree you weren't made for each other and part as friends.

Roll them dice, you only live once.
TesqueRed, your point is well made and taken. It's good to see some insight here. Great points. I don't know jack squat about this, but I thought I'd give it a shot...

ThugLove

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also want to get at this chick at work....shes so bomb
except I work at a grocery store for 7 an hour

so I could care less if the company gets upset about if I ever got the chick, I mean its a grocery store you only live once

If things go bad, I can quit and start a new job

Unless this is like your career

why the hell not get at her?

wtf you only live once

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite the horror stories, a lot of LTR and marriages come out of workplace romances.