Dating scenario at work: Your thoughts

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scenario: guy gets tons of looks and smiles from girl, has balls to talk to her asking her out. They get to know each other and talk online everyday. Due to an accident she had she has been on a lot of pain and says she can't go on a date due to her feeling grumpy and just horrible lately. So they continue to talk online and find out all their common interests and seem very compatible. Says she doesn't want to date, says she has only dated few times in her life and is not interested in romance in her online messages yet she gave out lots of IOIs at work.

There is another girl at work who gives this guy signals at work everyday and guy is thinking of chatting her up. She seems more like the type that would not put up obstacles.

girl 1 and 2 are good looking but the laws of animal magnetism attact the guy to the first girl more, even with her apparent (but justified) flakiness and mixed signals. Girl 2 has the potential of not making the guy wait so long as girl 1.

SHOULD GUY
1. Keep on getting to know the first girl and wait out a bit so she recovers from the pain she has been feeling lately. Date has been agreed on and they share many common interests.
2. Game the other girl that has been giving signals even though it means the first girl will find out and there is likely to be trouble and an ackward situation (even though no date has happened yet between girl 1 and guy). Basically stop gaming girl 1 which guy already has gotten to know and risk going for girl 2 even though he might not end up being compatible but there is attraction.
3. Forget about it. Dating girls at work is trouble and gaming 2 of them at the same time is just crazy! There is no way he would not get caught.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 is the best.

Stop all email. No getting to know over email. Only in person. You're in friendzone territory already.

You're not dating either and are under no obligation to either. You've already given yourself to 1 who says she doesn't want to date, and are worried that a girl who doesn't want to date will get mad at you?

So, basically the bigger issue is 1 and this exclusive realtionship you are having with her in your head. She's not your girlfriend and you aren't doing anything to increase attraction. All you're doing is giving her attention and you are getting zilch in return. Stop that.

Let both come to you. Don't "game". Let it be incoming. Let them pursue you. If they don't they lose out.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
don't date women at work. make it a rule.
unless you are trying to break your own records. I'm trying to date more than 1 at the same time. I have a date next week with a girl from class, plus I am going to give girl 1 a couple more days or else next time im working im chatting up girl 2 who has been giving me the eye for over a month. This would save me from falling for girl 1 which i think i am. I don't want a relationship as it would kill my game i'm just trying to rack up digits and dates.