Dating options by decade for men

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget about half your age, plus 7, etc., the women that are acceptable to date have the same front numeral than you or (-1), but never more

I think a more realistic scenario should look like this:

Men in their 20's can date women in their 20's and late teens (18-19)

Men in their 30's can date women in their 30's and in their 20's, but not late teens

Men in their 40's can date women in their 40's and in their 30's, but not in their 20's or late teens

Men in their 50's can date women in their 50's and 40's, but not in their 30's, 20's or late teens

Men in their 60's can date women in their 60's and 50's, but not in their 40's, 30's, 20's or late teens

Etc, etc....

I am 47. Yes, women 21-29 are the most attractive, but what do I have in common with a 27-year-old?

Plus the fact that I have a "4" in my age as the first numeral and she has a "2"; it just looks unacceptable.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men in their 40's can date women in their 40's and in their 30's, but not in their 20's or late teens
When I met my girlfriend I was 42 and she was 27. You can make generalizations, but I object to the word "can't". I had a friend who used to date multiple 18 year olds at 52.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I met my girlfriend I was 42 and she was 27. You can make generalizations, but I object to the word "can't". I had a friend who used to date multiple 18 year olds at 52.
Perhaps I am just going by what society thinks is acceptable.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I had a friend who used to date multiple 18 year olds at 52.
D@mn! Could you eleborate on how he pulled that off?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always take it on a case by case basis. Stay open minded. You might luck into a younger one with an old soul.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even though i'm very blackpilled, this isn't really true.

I pulled a very hot 17 year old a year or so back and I was well in my 30's.
And even now most of the girls I get with are around 22 (unless I luck out with teen)

However, i'll admit that I do tend to look a fair bit younger than my actual age according to most (not all) people, and if an 18 year old guesses i'm 23, i'll agree with her.
I'll admit that i'd likely have NOT had success with a number of teenagers if they knew my real age! (or if I looked it)

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started dating a girl thirty years my junior when I was fifty-four. She's still my lover. For some of us, age is nothing but a number. Not every fifty-plus man is an 'old man', except in the eyes of children.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 47. Yes, women 21-29 are the most attractive, but what do I have in common with a 27-year-old?
This is a weird way to think about it IMO.

What exactly is the issue here? What do you have in common with people your age that you don't with people younger than you.

The idea that people don't have anything in common except if they are close in age has always been ridiculous to me.

"X movie came out what I was in 9th grade."

'Wow, I was *ALSO* in 9th grade when X movie came out! I'm glad we have so much in common!'

How many interactions are like this?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a weird way to think about it IMO.

What exactly is the issue here? What do you have in common with people your age that you don't with people younger than you.
Not just that, people age differently in different cultures.

My much younger Czech lover grew up in Central Europe, which runs a little behind Western Europe, so she likes bands from the 1980-1990 as well and gets most of my references, even from events before she was born. Doesn't matter at all. And she's an artist like me, and art is 'timeless' so we have plenty 'in common'. And she loves comparing the differences in society between now and when I grew up.

Another thing is that I have a 13yo daughter who is jealous of me for having gone to concerts of 80s bands she loves like The Cure and The Sisters of Mercy. And I stay 'up-to-date' about current affairs through her stories about her school et cetera. So only people who get stuck in 'their decade' are out of touch with younger people.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Forget about half your age, plus 7, etc., the women that are acceptable to date have the same front numeral than you or (-1), but never more

Men in their 30's can date women in their 30's and in their 20's, but not late teens

Men in their 50's can date women in their 50's and 40's, but not in their 30's, 20's or late teens

Men in their 60's can date women in their 60's and 50's, but not in their 40's, 30's, 20's or late teens

Etc, etc....

Plus the fact that I have a "4" in my age as the first numeral and she has a "2"; it just looks unacceptable.
I'm in my mid 40s and dating a 26 year old. I'm in pretty great physical shape tho, so results will vary.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know that 'going by what is acceptable to society' means you'll kowtow to the morals of the inept submissive majority of that culture's population, yeah? If you want to 'comply to the norm', what are you doing on this forum? AFAIK, members here want to excel, not sink into mediocrity.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Etc, etc....

BS

I was dating and banging 18 yo's in my 30's

Recently I got the looks from a 25 yo -ish women and I am 40.

My rule is 18+, and I would not date women whom I'm not interested in. And I'm not a top tier guy either.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 41 and the last 4 girls I dated were 27, 25, 21, 27 (current gf) - age has literally never been an issue. The physical with the 21 year old was great, but it didn't really work for relationship purposes so we parted ways amicably.

It's funny because I wouldn't have believed it if you told me this as a younger man, but a lot of girls really do seem to go for older men. If you're not getting the results you want, then I'd ask whether you've optimised your life? Are you in shape? Financially secure? etc etc

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@oc16 I used to think like you in my 30's. I was lucky to snag a few girls that were 15yrs younger. I never took the younger ones serious, nor was I open to doing so. I subscribed to the "too much age gap, nothing in common" theory that society pumps out. Looking back, that was a mistake on my part.

I have recently started dating a girl that is almost 20yrs younger. Youth brings a lot more adventure, willingness, passion, openness to explore new things, etc. Women in their late 40's-50's, close to my age tend to get a little stale, jaded, set in their ways, not so adventurous. They don't have that zest for life, spirit, nor energy.

It comes down to what you want and what works for you. Date what matches your energy.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who gives a flying crap about that?

D@mn! Could you eleborate on how he pulled that off?
I wouldn't recommend his method, could cause problems. He managed a franchise restaurant and would bang the young female staff. You'd be surprised the kind of hookups you could achieve at the workplace, if you were open to it. Very risky in this day and age though, if you value your job.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend his method, could cause problems. He managed a franchise restaurant and would bang the young female staff. You'd be surprised the kind of hookups you could achieve at the workplace, if you were open to it. Very risky in this day and age though, if you value your job.
What's funny was the 21 yo I was with was telling me how many of her friends / fellow students were sleeping with the professors at her university - these guys were well into their 50s.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sleeping with 20 year olds is a known perk of being a professor, lol