Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating multiple women?

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just re-reading the Book of Pook and came across one of the 'commandments' about always having a back-up chick - it got me thinking. Usually if I'm seeing multiple girls, there's always one that is clearly superior. When I come across someone of that calibre it's very difficult for me to want to date any other girls.

How does everyone else deal with this? Do you continue to date the other girls even if you're not interested in them? Personally I just can't be bothered to waste my time. I realise these women may be seeing other men but if they don't compare to the one I want, then why waste my time and money?

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you meet a women that causes you to feel like dating only her then by all means date her only! There's no harm in that. A high quality women isn't going to tolerate being a plate or a side chick anyway and that's the behavior we as men want in high quality women.

Sounds like your spinning plates and plates are expendable, plates come and go, and plates are easily replaceable. Often time plates will be willing to come back after a relationship. In other words place no value on regular plates and give your attention to higher value women.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All these dating "rules" are actually "suggestions". IF you don't care if you lose her and she knows you can replace her in an instant. She won't push the boundaries. Most guys don't have that confidence, so for the guys with scarcity mentality, it should be a rule....

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea is to keep women in your life that are easily accessible. The majority of the time guys will put their whole life into one girl. And if that girl turns out to be a piece of trash, it's a lot harder to transition to single.
Keeping good relationships with women is like networking for your d1ck. It keeps your partner in check and stops you turning into a blubbering mess when it's over.
It takes practice to get the balance right. But it's worth the effort.
Note what characteristics this plate has so you know your type better.

U

user43770

If you like being around them, then keep them around. Even if that means getting rid of the rest. Women come and go, but a woman whose company you enjoy is hard to find.

Spinning plates is what CH would call an abundance mentality, which is a mentality that every man should develop, but it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy one woman's company over another. By all means, indulge.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@hithard it's a bit of thread hijack however I think it's a closely related topic. I have worked on making a couple of female friends. Used to have plenty back in the old country but that's a different story.

Now generally I find them less reliable than my male friends. And since they are both exes there's always a little bit of drama. And they never set me up with their friends. Do you make an effort to make female friends? Any ground rules on how to play it?

Now I know a lot of guys around here don't believe in keeping ex's around because I wouldn't tolerate that behaviour from their girlfriends. However I'm wondering if there is another type of category. One of these girls I had one date with some heavy make out sessions but that was it. @guru1000 I m hoping you can drop by. G1000 has mentioned that he turns the less attractive o l d girls into friends. I'd really appreciate knowing how you play that. In terms of:

1. Getting around this ex jealousy issue.
2. How you find the time? You're incredibly busy with plates and work how do you fit these girls in?
3. How do you interact with these girls? Do you flirt away with them or treat them like a buddy or play beta game and provide lots of comfort?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@hithard it's a bit of thread hijack however I think it's a closely related topic. I have worked on making a couple of female friends. Used to have plenty back in the old country but that's a different story.

Now generally I find them less reliable than my male friends. And since they are both exes there's always a little bit of drama. And they never set me up with their friends. Do you make an effort to make female friends? Any ground rules on how to play it?

Now I know a lot of guys around here don't believe in keeping ex's around because I wouldn't tolerate that behaviour from their girlfriends. However I'm wondering if there is another type of category. One of these girls I had one date with some heavy make out sessions but that was it. @guru1000 I m hoping you can drop by. G1000 has mentioned that he turns the less attractive o l d girls into friends. I'd really appreciate knowing how you play that. In terms of:

1. Getting around this ex jealousy issue.
2. How you find the time? You're incredibly busy with plates and work how do you fit these girls in?
3. How do you interact with these girls? Do you flirt away with them or treat them like a buddy or play beta game and provide lots of comfort?
Uber, I try to keep as many friends as I can, both male and female, and tend not to burn bridges. The only exception are ex-gfs, which I NEXT and remain in no-contact permanently.

I have three girl friends ("g-friends") that I consider pretty close--and another few girl friends in orbit that I may be in contact with once every year or two. It's important to understand the distinction that a g-friend can only endure under the pretense that she wants you, but you don't want her.

The three g-friends I currently have, I have dated or fvcked in the past, but did not see long-term compatibility. They are great people with great personalities and the relations sustain only because they will continually reach out to me, not vice-versa. If I had to continually reach out to them, then the friendship would not likely sustain. These g-friends are good for the following three reasons:

1) I can call upon them for favors at any time;
2) They have already labeled me as a "player" or have bfs, and thus have no expectations and are not clingy; and
3) They will be around to service my social or sexual needs;

Important to note, if I am in an exclusive relation, as I have been recently, I stop communicating with these g-friends out of respect to my exclusivity (as will my partner). But, irregardless, whether it be 6 mos, 1 or 2 yrs, once I exit the exclusive relation, these g-friends, whether in exclusive relations themselves or not, will resume communications with me as if I just didn't disappear, lol.

As to how I interact with them: If I want to hang out and go to the beach, then we'll go to the beach. Sometimes I bring them shopping with me to help pick out ties and shirts. Other times, I want company to get something to eat. If I need sex, and plates or dates are not around for the night, then I'll ask them to come over and watch a movie. I treat them entirely as friends, but with benefits. I provide neither promises nor false hope. The relations are clearly understood on their merit with no confusion. No beta throws, no "games," just simple friendships. I don't like that a few cheat on their "exclusive" bfs with me in times that I sexually escalate, but I also understand the deeper nature of women, so I don't pass judgement.

Last edited:

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have several women who I am good friends with (one an ex, one who was hoping to be my girlfriend) as well as the woman I am seeing now. I flirt a little (cant help it) but keep it well under control so it doesnt get too complicated but generally I just have fun with them, like anyone else I want to be friends with.
It is really nice having women friends that I can relax around and not have sex complicate things.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@guru1000 thanks. I thought that would be the case. I suspect that wouldn't work for us lower down on the greasy pole. Basically your SMV is so high they ll always come sniffing round.

I m interested as I think Australia is very close to American social culture. In NZ my female friendships persisted with a normal level of maintenance. Over here I find they disappear as soon as they get a boyfriend. Feels like a waste of time. @daddymonsterpoodle I m also interested in how u roll with this as I think you're a bit closer to my bracket.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, that doesn't really sound like something a Ubercat would say, does it?

It takes high IL from the girl initially for her to open up to the long-term friendship that I described. Her SMV being lower than yours does make it easier for her IL to be skyhigh at initiation, but certainly is not a requisite.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm might have been finding patterns where none exist. Friends of both genders come and go. I think my SOP with female friends will be feed it if it's incoming otherwise don't bother.